bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introduction Mikefrom Canada  (Read 4030 times)

mikeincanada

Introduction Mikefrom Canada
« on: November 04, 2016, 09:11:36 PM »

Hi everyone! I'm glad to be on this forum, I'm up in Ontario Canada, I've been reading this site since about 2004, I had been awayt from it for some time, but I've recently been rereading much of Ray's material, wishing I'd have dug into it sooner as he had a humble attitude towards searching for the truth.

Is there somewhere where all the audios ray did are?  Also, listening in on Rays bible studies, do anyone of you meet up for fellowship at all anymore (like in a private home setting)?. 

Thanks for having me here i look forward to meeting more of you Lord willing

Mike

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Introduction Mikefrom Canada
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 09:36:31 PM »

Hi Mike.  It's good to meet you.  I'm not aware of any audios not in this list.:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,13.0.html

and the transcripts for these are here:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 10:00:23 PM »

Hi Mike and welcome to the forum. :)

All the audios are located at the link that Dave provided.  I have listened to these bible studies many times over the years, and continue to feel inspired by the teachings. 

René

lostANDfound

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 12:44:13 AM »

Welcome Mike!  I think a lot of us read for a long time before actually joining the forum and felt like we "knew" some of the people around here.  I hope you enjoy learning and sharing here.  I'm a fellow Canadian, in Alberta.  I don't think there are very many Canuks on the forum but considering distances you are probably geographically closer to a lot of Americans here.
Learning, learning.  Ever so slowly.

virginiabm

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 08:04:01 AM »

Welcome Mike, may God bless your journey for the truth.

Virginia

jingle52

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 11:57:25 AM »

Hi Mike,
Welcome to the forum!
Jingle

mikeincanada

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 12:43:44 PM »

Thanks everyone! I'll check out that link for the audios..nice to see another fellow Canuck on here as well!

I've been having a little exchange with a local pastor who I know through a friend.  The topic that came up was the Sovereignty of God, He seems to have a unitarian belief, but I had quoted him a few things from Rays free will paper on how God created evil and is using it to bring about a good outcome.

The question came up on how God is the cause of all things, but I said that God didn't force us to murder,etc, because we are drawn away by our own lusts.

It begs the question well is God still the one influencing it to happen, or still the cause?   I'm trying to find a way to explain this better, I've read a number of Rays emails, where he explains that no God didn't force anyone, but how do we reconcile this with the fact that God IS the cause of all things?

Any help would be appreciated!

Mike

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 12:52:27 PM »

Thanks everyone! I'll check out that link for the audios..nice to see another fellow Canuck on here as well!

I've been having a little exchange with a local pastor who I know through a friend.  The topic that came up was the Sovereignty of God, He seems to have a unitarian belief, but I had quoted him a few things from Rays free will paper on how God created evil and is using it to bring about a good outcome.

The question came up on how God is the cause of all things, but I said that God didn't force us to murder,etc, because we are drawn away by our own lusts.

It begs the question well is God still the one influencing it to happen, or still the cause?   I'm trying to find a way to explain this better, I've read a number of Rays emails, where he explains that no God didn't force anyone, but how do we reconcile this with the fact that God IS the cause of all things?

Any help would be appreciated!

Mike

Please start a new topic in the General Discussions on this matter Mike.

Dennis

Joel

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2016, 11:58:40 AM »

Welcome Mike,
It's great to be able to interact with people in distant parts of the earth.

Joel

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 03:47:27 PM »

Welcome Mike in Canada from Rhys in New Zealand  ;)
🤫

Flanagan

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 11:17:18 PM »

Hi Brother Mike, Glad you're here. May God bless your efforts in your  search for his good and perfect will. You've come to the right place.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.