> Introductions, Announcements, and More of Ray's Teachings

Introduction Mikefrom Canada

<< < (2/3) > >>

jingle52:
Hi Mike,
Welcome to the forum!
Jingle

mikeincanada:
Thanks everyone! I'll check out that link for the audios..nice to see another fellow Canuck on here as well!

I've been having a little exchange with a local pastor who I know through a friend.  The topic that came up was the Sovereignty of God, He seems to have a unitarian belief, but I had quoted him a few things from Rays free will paper on how God created evil and is using it to bring about a good outcome.

The question came up on how God is the cause of all things, but I said that God didn't force us to murder,etc, because we are drawn away by our own lusts.

It begs the question well is God still the one influencing it to happen, or still the cause?   I'm trying to find a way to explain this better, I've read a number of Rays emails, where he explains that no God didn't force anyone, but how do we reconcile this with the fact that God IS the cause of all things?

Any help would be appreciated!

Mike

Dennis Vogel:

--- Quote from: mikeincanada on November 06, 2016, 12:43:44 PM ---Thanks everyone! I'll check out that link for the audios..nice to see another fellow Canuck on here as well!

I've been having a little exchange with a local pastor who I know through a friend.  The topic that came up was the Sovereignty of God, He seems to have a unitarian belief, but I had quoted him a few things from Rays free will paper on how God created evil and is using it to bring about a good outcome.

The question came up on how God is the cause of all things, but I said that God didn't force us to murder,etc, because we are drawn away by our own lusts.

It begs the question well is God still the one influencing it to happen, or still the cause?   I'm trying to find a way to explain this better, I've read a number of Rays emails, where he explains that no God didn't force anyone, but how do we reconcile this with the fact that God IS the cause of all things?

Any help would be appreciated!

Mike

--- End quote ---

Please start a new topic in the General Discussions on this matter Mike.

Dennis

Joel:
Welcome Mike,
It's great to be able to interact with people in distant parts of the earth.

Joel

Rhys 🕊:
Welcome Mike in Canada from Rhys in New Zealand  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version