bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Revelation 20 verse 5  (Read 3747 times)

Learner

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
Revelation 20 verse 5
« on: November 07, 2016, 04:46:42 PM »

Dear Forum Members,
I am hopefully becoming a new member after this post.  My husband and I have been reading Ray since 2005.  We did join once before, but did not continue as we thought we should become more familiar with the scriptures first, with Ray's help.
I have been studying and thinking a lot about the email, The Ages, on May 4th 2016 and Ray's teaching at the Mobile Conference 2007, on Revelation 20 verse 5.   - But the rest of the dead did not live again until the 1,000 years were finished.    I knew the Millennium was a wrong concept, that the 1,000 years were figurative,but it seemed to me that therewas a time period between Christ's Return and the White Throne Judgment.  But after much reading and thoughts that come to me, I am beginning to think you may be right.
Nevertheless I still have some questions perhaps you can answer for me.

1.  In Ray's letter to Hagee he confronts 'forever and ever'  - the aions of the aions,  and explains that Christ reigns for 2 eons and then hands over everything to the Father.   Could the 'aions of the aions'  be the 'aion, singular, of the aions,  that Christ would reign for one eon?

2.  Another query is Matt 24 verse 22.    - unless those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved,  but for the elect's sake, those days shall be shortened.
If there was only the White Throne Judgment, why would that verse be necessary?   Why not have everyone die and then the White Throne Judgment?
Oops  I am probably thinking literally instead of spiritually.
Can you, first of all, understand my ramblings, and then help me.
                         In hope        -       Learner

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Revelation 20 verse 5
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 05:35:34 PM »

Just for help, I think this is the thread/post you referred to:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,16618.0.html
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Learner

Revelation 20 verse 5
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 08:35:39 AM »

Dear Forum,
Wow!  Both my husband and I have 'got it'     It took my email to the forum, my husband and I discussing it, and Bill zeroing into  Matt 12 verse 32.

In the May 2016 email The Ages,  Kat said  'There is a scripture that Christ says some will not be forgiven in that next age of the Great White Judgment of the world.
Matt 12 verse 32.    Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

So we can only assume there will be an age after the next age for further  judgment for those to repent and be forgiven.   Because we know every person that ever lived will eventually bow the knee to Christ in true worship and praise.

It is marvellous.  -  so obvious now.
1.  We had to, as Ray says,  'Pay Attention to the words.

2.  It had to be the appointed time when Christ  melted the ignorance and stubbornness of past beliefs.  -   a little bit more of coming out of Babylon.

Thank you for your wisdom.                 Bill and Celia

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 07:36:07 PM »

I'm glad, Guys.  That was a good thread to be pulled back into remembrance. 

There are other scriptures that support the idea that more than one age is to follow this one.  Ray taught that even when 1Corinthians 15:28 is fulfilled, there is still more to come. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Learner

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 07:50:09 AM »

Thank you, Thank you for all your help.

We wonder if you would give us the other scriptures supporting the idea that more than one age is to follow this one.
                             Gratefully,                 Bill and Celia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.