bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rays knowledge  (Read 3984 times)

Musterseed

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • God is Love
Rays knowledge
« on: November 08, 2016, 08:52:11 PM »

I cannot help but think about what Ray said about suffering for Christ. I believe it was his teaching
On the Kingdom of God, correct me if I am wrong. He said it will be dark, darker than darth Vader. I am sure that Ray knew so much more than he could have told us. How did he know so much? Any thoughts. He also said , be glad we don't know, just take it a day at a time.
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Extol

Re: Rays knowledge
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 10:21:08 PM »

Hi Musterseed,

Ray spent a lot of time doing what very few of us do: studying the Scriptures. Really studying them, not just reading them. In some of his audios, he gives hints at how much he did this. One time, he was working on a Bible study for 14 hours (6 am to 8 pm). Other times, he would study a particular topic for several hours without getting up at all.

He also had a background as a pastor, so he already knew a lot about the Bible. Some might think that would be more harmful than helpful (having an education from a Christian college), but I think it probably helped. Even if he didn't study seriously until much later in life, it gave him the basic framework. It also would have helped him understand the beliefs of his many detractors: as he once said, he could argue their false doctrines better than they could.

The main reason, of course, is that Ray was guided by the Spirit of God. There are many Bible scholars "smarter" than Ray, who understand very little about the plan of God. Said L. Ray Smith, "I don't know anything about Hebrew and Greek!"

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 11:41:20 PM »

Thanks Extol
I really admired Ray and his determination, I loved his teaching, he made me laugh too. The more I learn, the more I want to learn. I started studying the bible five or six hours a day and get this, I started back to front. Revelation first, if it wasn't for God sending Ray to me I would have no idea
What it is all about..  just reading what's on this forum is helping me a great deal also. God Bless You .

Joel

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 12:40:20 AM »

Hi Musterseed,
We really are blessed to have such a storehouse of information available.
You mentioned starting back to front, Revelation first.
I started doing the same thing a few weeks ago, interesting.

Joel

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 01:33:35 PM »

Nice to meet you Joel
Regarding reading Revelation first, I was thinking that God wants us to know the end first , after all he does work in us individually. Ah the mysteries of our Father.
Have a great day Joel, I love my new family.

With God we shall do valiantly, it is He who will tread down our foes. ( Pslam 108 : 13)

Joel

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 03:42:57 PM »

Nice to meet you too musterseed,
I finished reading the New Testament a while back, Matthew-Revelation.
I wanted to see how it would be going in reverse this time.

Joel

Pini56

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 08:55:43 AM »

Hello All,

I went on a church camp 40 years ago. From the experience I too became very interested in Revelation. I asked a friend who was a Christian to explain it to me. He said come to his place during the week after the camp and i will will show you. When I got there his bother was with him. Instead of learning about Revelation they got me to say a 7 second prayer and they told me that by confessing Jesus is Lord i was now a Christian.

It wasn't until I stumbled across Ray's Website almost 10 years ago that I became fully aware of what Revelation was all about, apart from the fact that I had absolutely every question I had ever asked, answered in about one week. That's about how long it took to read and hear everything that there was. I was so hungry for the truth.

I thank the Lord nearly every day for giving me eyes to see and ears to hear; the truth of what Ray was Teaching.

Love to you all. Regards, Geoff.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 24 queries.