bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: lostANDfound  (Read 5766 times)

Musterseed

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • God is Love
lostANDfound
« on: November 09, 2016, 10:16:06 PM »

lostANDfound how's it goin eh? Lol  I live in NS, nice to see some Canucks here.
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

lostANDfound

Re: lostANDfound
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 12:21:21 AM »

Hello from Alberta!  My husband is from Antigonish. There's a whole bunch of Sullivans there wearing X rings, those are his people. I've only been once nine years ago but I thought it was beautiful and enjoyed the people too.
I have a feeling this thread will be moved to the Fellowship board. This board is usually reserved for discussion of Rays teaching. Feel free to contact anyone  through personal messages as well if you're wanting a more private conversation. Very nice to meet another Canadian here!
-Vicki
Learning, learning.  Ever so slowly.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 01:38:20 AM »

Maybe we'll move it after a bit.  Right now, I'm just enjoying our new members.   ;D

By the way, I lived in Newfoundland for a bit when I was small.  Can I be an honorary Canuck?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 01:44:24 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

lostANDfound

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 02:49:04 AM »

The more the merrier!

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 11:52:42 AM »

Hi Vicki
Was wondering , where in ALberta you live, I have a daughter in Calgary. I lived in Yellowknife for 30 years before retiring in NS. I live in the Annapolis Valley now.

lostANDfound

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 02:29:34 AM »

I'm near Red Deer so a few hours north of Calgary.   :)

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 02:58:29 AM »

I'm familiar with most of Alberta. Maybe someday we will meet.
Dave, when did you live in Newfoundland and why if you don't mind me asking?
I'm getting used to the forum now and did much reading today from old posts, really enjoying it.
Goodnight everyone, sweet dreams and May God Bless All of you.

Extol

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 11:36:43 AM »

I have spent one hour of my life in Canada. Does that qualify me?  :D

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 12:18:37 PM »

I've traveled most of Canada over the years. From Cape Breton Island to Vancouver BC.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 05:41:27 PM »

Extol, only if was to play hockey.🏒

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 05:52:56 PM »

Dennis,
How do you like Canada? We still have not travelled to All of Cape Breton yet, hopefully next year.
I left Newfoundland when I was a teen, returned again for 7 years and left again for work. It is such a beautiful place, so majestic.like being in Europe really. Where was your favourite place Dennis? BC sure is nice too. I have been to the US 3 times. Twice to Las Vegas and Utah to volunteer at Best Friends animal sanctuary and we went to Kauai once. I would live there if I could afford it.Have a great day, may God Bless you. Pamela

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 10:33:43 PM »

Dennis,
How do you like Canada? We still have not travelled to All of Cape Breton yet, hopefully next year.
I left Newfoundland when I was a teen, returned again for 7 years and left again for work. It is such a beautiful place, so majestic.like being in Europe really. Where was your favourite place Dennis? BC sure is nice too. I have been to the US 3 times. Twice to Las Vegas and Utah to volunteer at Best Friends animal sanctuary and we went to Kauai once. I would live there if I could afford it.Have a great day, may God Bless you. Pamela

I grew up in Detroit and we would go to Toronto to party when I was a teenager. So I got to know Toronto pretty good. We'd also go to Grand Bend Ontario to party. And I did a lot of drag racing in Windsor on the 401.

Later in life I had a business that took me to Windsor a few times a week.

The best thing about Canada IMO are the people. A little more kinder and gentler. In 1971 I was driving a truck between Detroit and Boston and it was faster and shorter to go thru Canada. One night my truck broke down out in the country. A man came out of his home and helped me get the truck fixed (the truck was new but the  brakes on one of the rear wheels locked up). Afterwards he brought me into his home and fed me! I really think God had a hand in where I broke down that night. I was in the 'World Wide Church of God' back then and there on his table was some literature from the WWG. I'm glad I've finally had the chance to tell that story after all these years.

In 1978 Hurricane Fredrick devastated Mobile, AL and I decided to go to Vancouver to check it out and spent 10 days there. It is easily the more beautiful city in Canada. But the sun shown for the entire 10 days I was there and everyone was talking about how great the weather was. Vancouver is usually just like Seattle. Rains a lot.

Quebec is also something to see and the people are also very nice there even though one old man at a gas station pretended to not understand English when I asked him to 'fill it up'  ;) I was also impressed with Montreal.

My biggest memory of Cape Breton is when we got there it was getting late and we decided to park the RV on the beach. All was well until the middle of the night when the onshore wind picked up to 40-60 mph as it went over the mountains behind us. In the morning the sky was bright blue but turned white as one aircraft after another flew high above leaving contrails. Cape Breton must be a crossroads in the sky.

And I've been to Calgary. I remember spending time at a location where one of the Olympic events were held.

Around 1998 I went again to Vancouver and this time we took several ferries up the coast island hopping. Very beautiful and enjoyable. We then decided to head up to Alaska but only made it as far as Prince George which is only half-way. In hindsight I wish we would have gone to Alaska and put the RV on a ferry and sailed back to Seattle because it was the drive back that made us decide not to go all the way.

Never been to Kauai but I did spend a week in Maui years ago.

Extol

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 11:59:57 PM »

Thanks for the stories Dennis. This makes me want to see more of Canada. Next year I plan to drive to Alaska so I hope to see much of western Canada.  8)

lostANDfound

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2016, 04:02:00 AM »

You'll be welcome at our table!  Timbits and beaver meat and maple syrup, every meal.   ;)

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2016, 05:55:30 AM »

My dad was career US navy and was stationed in Argentia (?) Newfoundland when I was in about first or second grade.  This would have been about 1962, 1963-ish.  I was old enough to remember some things.  We lived off-base.  I remember one of our neighbors brought seafood by to sell pretty much any time Mom wanted some.  I know when we got there, we were very cold having driven up from Jacksonville, Florida, but all the locals were in summer clothes.  I also remember going to catch the school bus walking in high winds and snow almost up to my waist.  Of course, my waist was much closer to the ground then than now.   ;D  But around here, if there is a report of a snowflake two counties away, the schools close.  Tougher people, I reckon, those Newfies.  I hope that's not a derogatory term.  If it is, I picked up more than I should have.   ;D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 05:57:57 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2016, 08:26:56 AM »

Thanks for the stories Dennis. This makes me want to see more of Canada. Next year I plan to drive to Alaska so I hope to see much of western Canada.  8)

One of my regrets not going to Alaska.

Just be prepared for days of boring scenery. Trees and then even more trees.

There are parts of Canada (mostly in the northeast as I recall) where they will stop you and check that you are prepared to enter the area (you must have a minimum amount of cash on you) because it is so sparsely populated and there are no services for hundreds of miles. You must plan ahead. It can be very expensive to be towed a hundred miles.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2016, 08:41:06 AM »

My dad was career US navy and was stationed in Argentia (?) Newfoundland when I was in about first or second grade.  This would have been about 1962, 1963-ish.  I was old enough to remember some things.  We lived off-base.  I remember one of our neighbors brought seafood by to sell pretty much any time Mom wanted some.  I know when we got there, we were very cold having driven up from Jacksonville, Florida, but all the locals were in summer clothes.  I also remember going to catch the school bus walking in high winds and snow almost up to my waist.  Of course, my waist was much closer to the ground then than now.   ;D  But around here, if there is a report of a snowflake two counties away, the schools close.  Tougher people, I reckon, those Newfies.  I hope that's not a derogatory term.  If it is, I picked up more than I should have.   ;D

The first time I drove down to check out Mobile it was record cold in February. People were looking at me like I was crazy because all I had on was a tee-shirt. But I had just left Detroit where it was below zero and 48 degrees in Mobile was great and I was not cold at all.

Then a few years later after I became use to the unbearable heat in Mobile in the summer, I drove up to Detroit in the dead of winter. I remember parking my car at the mall and saying to myself in all seriousness as I walked in "if I cannot find my car I could die here in the parking lot looking for it." Coldest I've ever been in my life.

BTW, I was in contact with Ray by then (WWCG) and he told me not to move to Mobile because there was no work and even when you found work the pay was very low. But we moved anyway.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2016, 05:33:22 PM »

So interesting to hear all of your stories and yes we do call ourselves ( Newfies). Canada is indeed beautiful. Google Gross Morne National Park, Rocky Harbour. It's beautiful, I would love to live there again but it is isolated. I was isolated enough living in Yellowknife NT, a two day drive from you Vicki with nothing to see but sparse trees and Buffalo blocking your way in the road. I lived in Toronto for years as a teen and loved it but I hate cities now, I avoid them. There is only one city I am interested in living in 🙏🏼 Haha!  Growing up in NL We walked three miles  to school, home for lunch, back to school and home again, 12 miles a day, no lie, then when we got home we had to take of our uniforms, go outside no matter the weather and don't come back until supper. We had chores too. We definitely were raised to be tough, but living in Yellowknife was a whole other world. Gold mining town. Minus 40 and 50 below weather, we had to plug in our vehicles. Nine months of dark winter but that's where the work was and we came to love it, especially the people. We had six weeks of 24 hour sunlight in the summers and we spent all our time camping, boating and fishing.
Check it out online and see the Aurora Borealis, a lot of Japanese people go there every year. YE all
Got a place to stay if you ever want to come to visit the Maratime Provinces, I will feed you lobster.
Extol I am a long ways from Alaska though, but close to Newfie Land, just a six hour ferry ride.i want to go to Calgary to see my kids and grandkids for Christmas but I don't feel for that celebration anymore and my kids are so carnal, I dont know if I could handle it, I might scourge them LOL.. I was sure The Lord was going to scourge me for giving out candies to the trick or treaters this year I wish I would have found you sooner to ask your advise about that. Well, he didn't but I asked forgiveness anyway. I think the Lord laughs at me a lot. In all seriousness though, I am so happy to be here with all of you, I was quite lonely. Even though God gave me an experience of evil, and believe me it was terrifying when I look back , I laugh now at some of the things I did when I thought the book of Revelation was all literal. I will tell you some stories every now and then if it's ok. May His Holy Spirit fall softly upon us. Love and Peace.   Pamela

cjwood

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2016, 12:15:53 AM »

i lived in edmonton for 3 mths in 1974'ish.  my ex-husband was in a show band and played at a pretty nice hotel.  can't remember the name of it.  but we lived in an apartment building on the 18th floor.  it was next to an amtrak station.  as a very young and naive woman from south texas and was in a kind of culture shock. 

we drove outside the city a few times.  it was all pretty amazing. 

on our way back into the u.s., very late at night (early morning hours), i was lying in the back of our station wagon and saw the northern lights.  that truly blew my mind.  i will never forget it because we were in the middle of nowhere and everything was so much more vivid. 

anyway, my 3 mths in canada probably doesn't qualify me as a canuck.  but, it was a fun time.

claudia

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2016, 12:48:30 AM »

Nice to meet you Claudia.
I have never been to Texas but I hear everything is big there. At least you don't get snow, right?
I am originally from Newfoundland and we are actually thinking about moving back there. But my kids and grandchildren live out west so I'm torn. I will wait for the Lord to inspire me, who knows, I could end up in Timbuktu, do we have anyone here from Timbuktu 🤓 I don't like beer and hockey
Is too noisy so I must not be Canadian eh. Although I do love beaver tails, it's a dessert, not the animal, I'm afraid of the animal. I had a friend in Yellowknife that got slapped with a real beavers tail and it knocked her down and cut her leg wide open. Is your husband a singer.?I love 🎶 music. I listen to a lot of it. I just watched a documentary on Yo Yo Ma, The Silk Road Project, its on You Tube , I highly recommend it for inspiration. Yo Yo travels around the world picking up musicians
From different countries that play instruments that I never heard of, he puts together a band and plays all over USA and different countries. It's awesome. So is BT. God Bless You Claudia🙏🏼 Pamela
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 19 queries.