bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Overcoming  (Read 5621 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Overcoming
« on: August 19, 2006, 11:22:15 AM »

Dear Ray,

I am struggling very much in my life.  I am fighting temptation and failing constantly.  I feel so low. I know this is part of God’s plan for me, but I don’t know how much more I can take.  The guilt is so intense because I know I am doing wrong yet I still do it.  I trust in God with all my might, but I have a bad habit of questioning by faith at times.  So I guess you can say my faith is weak.

How can I improve?  I know myself and no man can be perfect as a human being, but how can I at least wipe out the major sin areas in my life and fine some peace and confidence in myself?

Maybe I am not praying hard enough. Maybe I am not trying hard enough. I don’t know.  I just wish to live a life of honor, but, I also know that God’s will shall be done and I accept that.  I can only hope he has better things planned for me in the future.  I feel a call to minister to others.  To heal even.  But how can I this treacherous sinner be a spiritual model for others?  I sometimes wonder that God has made me know sin so deeply that I could be beneficial to others in forgiving and healing themselves through the grace of God. After all I have been there and know first-hand what it means to betray, fail, and disgrace myself in the eyes of the Lord.

Have you been where I am?  If so, how did you get out?

God bless you for the truths you have brought to my life.

In Christ’s name,

Chris

Dear Chris:

Yes, "been there; done that."  You can't of yourself get yourself out of your sin and misery.  You desire it, but you will not find the strenght in yourself to do it.  God brings all of His chosen elect to the place in their life where they hate life; they hate themselves; and often hate God.  When you get that low and are so very thoroughly convinced that you can and will never overcome you most horrible sins, that is when God will come to your rescue.  You must be convinced that if you are saved from yourself and your sins, that it was God that did it and not you. I am convinced of that in my life. If God is choosing you, then it will also happen in your life.  Just keep praying and obeying until God gives you the victory over yourself and your sin. I will pray for you.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 18 queries.