bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Acne Problem?  (Read 3122 times)

Miranda_78

Acne Problem?
« on: November 11, 2016, 06:16:11 PM »

Does our spiritual life affect our skin? If you have really bad skin problems like acne is that all genetics? Or does it come from an underlying problem that needs to be healed by Jesus like, leprosy, or mute spirit?

My acne at the moment is really, really bad. I mean huge cystic. It looked good acouple months ago because of topical treatment but now it has broken out really bad. It looks like a spiritual problem. I feel like the devil is dragging my face into my spiritual stress. And these are the end results. Nothing seems to help my skin heal.

Thank you all.

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Acne Problem?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 06:32:46 PM »

Does our spiritual life affect our skin? If you have really bad skin problems like acne is that all genetics? Or does it come from an underlying problem that needs to be healed by Jesus like, leprosy, or mute spirit?

My acne at the moment is really, really bad. I mean huge cystic. It looked good acouple months ago because of topical treatment but now it has broken out really bad. It looks like a spiritual problem. I feel like the devil is dragging my face into my spiritual stress. And these are the end results. Nothing seems to help my skin heal.

Thank you all.

Acne can have genetic predispositions. Some are more likely to develop than others.

Here is all the medical information a 2nd year medical student is expected to know of this condition, hopefully it should satisfy your desire to understand acne.

Acne vulgaris is the most common skin disorder affecting adolescents and young adults.

Acne vulgaris is an inflammation of hair follicles and sebaceous glands. It is the most common cutaneous disorder amongst adolescents and young adults.

Acne vulgaris is a disease of the pilosebaceous follicles.

Factors that contribute to the development of acne vulgaris include:

Follicular hyperkeratinization
Increased sebum production
Propionibacterium acnes within the follicle
Inflammation

Acne vulgaris can present as:

Closed comedo (also known as a whitehead, due to accumulation of sebum and keratinous material within a closed pilosebaceous follicle)
Open comedo (also known as a blackhead, due to densely packed keratinocytes, lipids, and melanin within an open pilosebaceous follicle)
Inflammatory papules/pustules (due to rupture of the pilosebaceous follicle and extrusion of lipids and keratin into the surrounding dermis)

Factors contributory to the development of acne vulgaris include:

Androgens
Family history
Stress

Acne vulgaris is associated with:

Proprionibacterium acnes (Note: This is a type of bacteria that lives on your skin.)
Adolescence
Androgens
Obstruction of pores by exfoliated skin or personal care products
Family history

Acne usually decreases in severity as adolescence ends, but corticosteroid use and androgen production disorders can cause outbreaks in adulthood.

Acne presents as erythematous pustules, which are predominantly found on the face, neck, chest, and back. Scarring and postinflammatory hyperpigmentation can also occur. In severe cases of acne, cystic lesions can form.

Complications of acne vulgaris include permanent scarring from cystic lesions and birth defects or hepatotoxicity from the use of oral vitamin A analogs, such as isotretinoin.

Treatment of acne vulgaris includes:
Retinoids (oral and/or topical)
Hormonal therapies (e.g. OCPs)
Benzoyl peroxide
Oral tetracyclines

Topical retinoids are the recommended first-line treatment for acne. They can be used to decrease sebaceous gland activity and normalize follicular keratinization.

The second-line therapy is oral or topical antibiotics, which are used to decrease bacterial growth. Antibiotics are used in addition to topical retinoids.

Another second-line therapy is the use of benzoyl-peroxide, which has antimicrobial properties and comedolytic properties, helping to prevent follicular obstruction. Benzoyl peroxide is often used with an antibiotic and a topical retinoid.

In women with excess androgen production (such as in polycystic ovarian syndrome), oral contraceptives may be useful.
In severe cases of acne, oral isotretinoin can be given. Note: This requires close monitoring of liver enzymes because of the risk of hepatotoxicity and mandatory pharmacologic contraception is required because extreme teratogenicity.

Soaps and astringents have little effect in treating acne.

Satan is behind all disease and ilnesses including acne. Remember Job was smitten with boils by satan and in the new testament Jesus was casting out satan and evil spirits from those afflicted with disease.

Hope this helps some. Sorry to hear about your struggle. I suffered from bad acne as a teenager. I will keep you in my prayers. God is certainly able to heal you. Consider seeing a physician if your situation worsens or doesn't improve.

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 06:34:53 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Miranda_78

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 09:17:38 AM »

Thank you for all of that information.
    God bless.

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 01:09:43 PM »

Miranda:

I have struggled with really bad dermatitis on my head. I tried a prescription called Ketoconazole, but it didn't help very much. In doing a search on the internet, some people recommended apple cider vinegar (with the Mother) as being a good astringent for the skin. I tried it, and after a month or so, the skin dried out and I was able to pluck the blemishes off my head. I still use it for occasional reappearances in that area. Now, I have never tried it on my face, so I don't know how it would work or react in that location. And apple cider vinegar has a strong smell, as you might imagine. I do hope you find some type of healing. God Bless.

Dean

Terry

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 05:59:04 PM »

Miranda
I've been using herbs and juicing for years for my health I believe Gods ways are best, a good juicing program may be just what you need, carrot and apple is one of my favorites and great for your skin not to mention its delicious too. Juicing is a great detox for the body also, I would google foods to stay away from also, I've read many books over the years that people that were sick even with cancer were healed and their skin became young looking again, hey its only food can't hurt you, hope all turns out good for you.
Terry
Terry
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 18 queries.