bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Special needs  (Read 4942 times)

Musterseed

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • God is Love
Special needs
« on: November 11, 2016, 07:04:05 PM »

Hello everyone,
Please could you share your thoughts. My sister is coach of Special NeedsTeam in NL and , they all seem so innocent, and pure.They have different degrees of needs, Down's syndrome, Autism, learning disabilities etc. My niece is part of the group also. My question is , do they have carnal minds? The reason I ask is because I have spent considerable time with them and I have not
witnessed
Anything other than happiness, joy and love . My sister says that she wished the whole. World was as smart as her group. Although not intellectual, they sure do show humility and love. ❤️️
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

lilitalienboi16

Re: Special needs
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 07:14:19 PM »

Hello everyone,
Please could you share your thoughts. My sister is coach of Special NeedsTeam in NL and , they all seem so innocent, and pure.They have different degrees of needs, Down's syndrome, Autism, learning disabilities etc. My niece is part of the group also. My question is , do they have carnal minds? The reason I ask is because I have spent considerable time with them and I have not
witnessed
Anything other than happiness, joy and love . My sister says that she wished the whole. World was as smart as her group. Although not intellectual, they sure do show humility and love. ❤️️

Hello Mustard,

The human race, young, old, handicapped, retarded, etc... is born morally weak and subject to vanity. "The whole creation...." The carnal mind is apart of all of us. 'For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.' God by His spirit changes us daily, chastising us, teaching us, to have 'the Mind of Christ.' We are learning to be like God. These handicapped are no different. They too will be judged and taught. But we know God judges each man according to their works and that He will do right. As He said, "Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?" Some will receive few stripes while others many. I can imagine for these individuals the judgment will be very light and they will happily learn and acquire the mind of Christ. Certainly quicker and with less judging than say... someone like Hitler.

Remember God is no respector of persons. All the world will learn righteousness once His judgments are in it. For those of the house of God, judgment is now, and the process already began.

God bless,
Alex

1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

indianabob

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 08:08:03 PM »

Friend Alex,

Thanks for the response.
Isn't it also true that part of learning righteousness will require a new heart or mind. Or is teaching enough to effect the needed change? I think a permanent change takes more than information and practice.

Eze 36:26  A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 
Eze 36:27  And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. 

"And I will give them one heart, and put a new spirit within them And I will take the heart of stone out of their flesh and give them a heart of flesh, Ezek 11:19

2Co 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Indiana bob

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 08:20:33 PM »

Friend Alex,

Thanks for the response.
Isn't it also true that part of learning righteousness will require a new heart or mind. Or is teaching enough to effect the needed change? I think a permanent change takes more than information and practice.

Eze 36:26  A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27  And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

"And I will give them one heart, and put a new spirit within them And I will take the heart of stone out of their flesh and give them a heart of flesh, Ezek 11:19

2Co 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Indiana bob

Certainly Bob. God gives us a new heart and writes His law upon it. Its all part of the process of being conformed to His image. As ray was fond of saying, 'All is one.'

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 09:07:48 PM »

In the meantime, I think we can learn a lot from those with special needs.  And we will be judged by how we treat them.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 10:03:29 PM »

Thankyou for your help. i have another question if you don't mind. Could you please explain this scripture.
"And for this cause, God shall send them strong delusion that they should believe a lie" (Thes.2:11)
There is so much I understand and still so much to learn, I get overwhelmed at times.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 11:10:15 PM »

Thankyou for your help. i have another question if you don't mind. Could you please explain this scripture.
"And for this cause, God shall send them strong delusion that they should believe a lie" (Thes.2:11)
There is so much I understand and still so much to learn, I get overwhelmed at times.

For which cause?  Read the verses above.

2Th 2:1  But we entreat of you, my brethren, in regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus the Messiah, and in respect to our being congregated unto him,
2Th 2:2  that ye be not soon agitated in your mind, nor be troubled, neither by word, nor by spirit, nor by letter, as coming from us, that lo, the day of our Lord is at hand.
2Th 2:3  Let no one deceive you in any way; because [that day will not come], unless there previously come a defection, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4  who is an opposer, and exalteth himself above all that is called God and Worshipful; so that he also sitteth in the temple of God, as a God, and displayeth himself, as if he were God.
2Th 2:5  Do ye not remember, that, when I was with you, I told you these things?
2Th 2:6  And now, ye know what hindereth his being manifested in his time.
2Th 2:7  For the mystery of the evil One already beginneth to be operative: and only, if that which now hindereth shall be taken from the midst;
2Th 2:8  then at length will that evil One be revealed; whom our Lord Jesus will consume by the breath of his mouth, and will bring to naught by the visibility of his advent.
2Th 2:9  For the coming of that [evil One], is the working of Satan, with all power, and signs, and lying wonders,
2Th 2:10  and with all the deceptiveness of iniquity, in them that perish; because they did not receive the love of the truth, by which they might have life.
2Th 2:11  Therefore God will send upon them the operation of deception, that they may believe a lie;
2Th 2:12  and that they all may be condemned, who believe not the truth, but have pleasure in iniquity.

You understand who the Evil one working the works of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, and with all deceptiveness of iniquity is? 

You understand who "them that perish because they did not receive the love of the truth"--the ones the Evil one is working in--is?  That was us, and is all those still having the Evil one working in them with all power and signs and lying wonders and deceptiveness of evil.       

2 Thessalonians 2:11 is core teaching at BT, put in many ways in many articles. 

God will send upon those who did not receive the love of the truth a "strong delusion"/"operation of deception" that they may believe a lie--(the word translated strong is actually a noun, not an adjective, but the translation is proper, put together) in order that they all may be condemned (essentially, judged) who believe not the truth, but (instead) have pleasure in iniquity.

I'm glad to have been revealed to be "condemned", because He did not come to condemn the world (it stands condemned) but to save it.

That's probably more explanation than you wanted (unless it was less  :D ), but if it whets your appetite, read the letters to Hagee and Kennedy and LOF 10 on the front page.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 12:00:05 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 11:28:07 PM »

If you can stomach it, here's a link to an old sermon of Jonathan Edwards.  It's a prime example of "that [evil One], is the working of Satan...with all the deceptiveness of iniquity."  The poor people in the pews (and at some point earlier, probably Jonathan Edwards himself) were prime examples of "them that perish; because they did not receive the love of the truth, by which they might have life", especially those who received it as "good news" and "took pleasure in iniquity".  The best non-theological definition of "iniquity" i can determine is "injustice" above all others.

I had to read excerpts of this sermon in High School back in the early 70's.  Or maybe we listened to it on a recording--I can't remember.  I think about that every time someone says we need to put God back into the schools.

http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1053&context=etas

« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 11:57:47 PM by Dave in Tenn »

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 12:23:17 AM »

Wow thanks Dave , I certainly do know who the son of perdition is, I had to kiss his ring when he came into our classroom one a week in his long red dress dress and pope hat. There were many of them in my all girl school. Oh but get this. I am not Catholic, I was christened an Anglican
but that's a story for another time. Really though I do appreciate all of your help and yes I did read Rays paper on Hagee . I have to read things over a few times for it to register except for GAl. 4,
When I read that I wanted to jump on my white horse and go galloping up and down the neighbourhood shouting my adoption and all the good news . I have to remind myself sometimes to be still,cause I want everyone to know. I quickly realized , they don't want to know. I really would love for my friend to understand that her fifteen year old son who committed suicide is not burning in Hell. What a shame. I am learning so much here on this forum. I Am starting to feel at home. 😊

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2016, 08:48:39 AM »

I have an autistic eight year old step-grandson living with me with an 'authority disorder' and he is a hand-full.

My daughter has a more severely autistic 5 year old that will need supervision his entire life.

Every human serves a purpose and plays a role in God plan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.