bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Book of Enoch  (Read 13378 times)

Musterseed

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • God is Love
Book of Enoch
« on: November 20, 2016, 12:25:00 PM »

Good Morning YE all, hope you are well.
Has anyone read this book? In the bible there is a scripture that says God took Enoch. Apparently he was supposed to have been taken by an angel and shown what the realm of heaven looks like. I
Found this in the book of Enoch.
Come my people enter your chambers and shut your doors behind you. Hide yourselves for a little while until the fury has passed by.(day of wrath). For behold, the Lord is coming out from His place
To punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity and the earth will disclose( expose,uncover,
Divulge,the blood shed on it and will no more cover (shelter) it's slain. The Lord inspired me to read it, a hard read but visually stunning in my room of pictures. I read that this book was hidden in Ethiopia and has come to light recently ( that could mean years for all I know)
Also studying this, from Rays paper.
The Sermon on the Mount is for Christs disciples. I read it before but I am rereading everything.
Ray says "The Sermon on the Mount is for YOU NOW! Sounds really important, I have another question. What do you all think this forum is for and how significant is it as it is God who brought
Us together. I believe it is a training ground but what is it we are to accomplish. Would like to hear your thoughts on this. Great is Our God🙏🏼 Love to All.  Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
Re: Book of Enoch
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 01:21:43 PM »

Go here: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

At the bottom of the page find "How We Got The Bible" audios.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 03:45:35 PM »

Thank you Dennis, will start on those tonight. Have a wonderful day, Peace be with you.

cheekie3

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 04:39:47 PM »

Pamela -

You are certainly searching The Scriptures:

Good Morning YE all, hope you are well.
Has anyone read this book? In the bible there is a scripture that says God took Enoch. Apparently he was supposed to have been taken by an angel and shown what the realm of heaven looks like. I
Found this in the book of Enoch.
Come my people enter your chambers and shut your doors behind you. Hide yourselves for a little while until the fury has passed by.(day of wrath). For behold, the Lord is coming out from His place
To punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity and the earth will disclose( expose,uncover,
Divulge,the blood shed on it and will no more cover (shelter) it's slain. The Lord inspired me to read it, a hard read but visually stunning in my room of pictures. I read that this book was hidden in Ethiopia and has come to light recently ( that could mean years for all I know)
Also studying this, from Rays paper.
The Sermon on the Mount is for Christs disciples. I read it before but I am rereading everything.
Ray says "The Sermon on the Mount is for YOU NOW! Sounds really important, I have another question. What do you all think this forum is for and how significant is it as it is God who brought
Us together. I believe it is a training ground but what is it we are to accomplish. Would like to hear your thoughts on this. Great is Our God🙏🏼 Love to All.  Pamela

There is a lot of interest in 'The Book of Enoch' - and I have looked into this - but I have not been burdened to read it through - although I have listened to some talking about it - and I have read a little of it - but it does not inspire me in the least.

Enoch was taken and placed elsewhere on the Earth - and Enoch later died - and this is stated in Hebrews 11:5-13 (KJV):

5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.

12 Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.

13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises
, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

As far as I am aware, there are no New Testament Scriptures referring to 'The Book of Enoch'; as they are for The Old Testament Books.

I believe Ray covers the Canon in his audios in the link provided by Dennis - and 'The Book of Enoch' is not included in the Canon.

Here is the link to the transcript:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5815.0.html

You may be interested to note one of Ray's responses to an email Ray received about 'the Book of Enoch':

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4182.msg31918.html#msg31918

Warmest Regards.

George

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 06:00:37 PM »

:) Thankyou George, Haha! If Ray says it's nonsense then it is.  I had asked another question about our purpose on this forum, but I was reading all posts and found one from Kat.
Re. Gods Elect July18,2015
God is building a body of believers that are unique individuals and we all have different experiences
That give us knowledge in certain areas, but not all areas.   She said much more but this sentence
Popped out at me. I read many of Kats posts. What wonderful insight and understanding. I feel a gentle nature to her, I have not seen her here since I became a member. Thanks for you time George. I can't believe the weather here, I was raking leaves in a sleeveless blouse today. Usually by now I am making a ⛄️ snowman. I looked up and said "Thankyou Lord". I hope you are having good weather too. PEace               Pamela

cheekie3

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 03:59:05 AM »

Pamela -

Kat has posted a multitude here on this Forum - and Kat is very helpful to us all, especially to New Members; and Kat has a knack of obtaining the right Scriptures for specific topics, as well as providing the relevant links to Ray's teachings, audios and videos:

:) Thankyou George, Haha! If Ray says it's nonsense then it is.  I had asked another question about our purpose on this forum, but I was reading all posts and found one from Kat.
Re. Gods Elect July18,2015
God is building a body of believers that are unique individuals and we all have different experiences
That give us knowledge in certain areas, but not all areas.
  She said much more but this sentence
Popped out at me. I read many of Kats posts. What wonderful insight and understanding. I feel a gentle nature to her, I have not seen her here since I became a member. Thanks for you time George. I can't believe the weather here, I was raking leaves in a sleeveless blouse today. Usually by now I am making a ⛄️ snowman. I looked up and said "Thankyou Lord". I hope you are having good weather too. PEace               Pamela

We all miss Kat and her Posts; and she most certainly has the fruit of His Spirit in helping and supporting us all - including gentleness and meekness.

Love, Joy and Peace to all on this Forum in His Name.

Warmest Regards.

George

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 10:19:57 AM »

Thankyou George
Yes I am learning a lot from many posts here everyone is so helpful. Is Kat not on the forum anymore ?🙏🏼

Kat

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 12:58:01 PM »

Thankyou George
Yes I am learning a lot from many posts here everyone is so helpful. Is Kat not on the forum anymore ?🙏🏼

Hi Pamela, nice to meet you :)
I have made the decision to step back from posting, though I am still a member. If there is a question you would like to ask then you could send me a pm, I do come in to check my messages.

Kat

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 04:03:19 PM »

Nice to meet you to Kat
I sure do enjoy your posts, and 😊 Thankyou, I will indeed call on you for help. Peace be with you Kat

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 05:35:53 PM »

What do you all think this forum is for and how significant is it as it is God who brought Us together. I believe it is a training ground but what is it we are to accomplish.

The purpose of this forum is to discuss what Ray taught and for people of a like mind to meet and discuss our journey.

This forum is a place of safe refuge where we can talk about family problems, health issues, etc. without the conversation degenerating into something ugly. 

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,16341.0.html

This forum is not a place to speculate on topics Ray has not taught about which always leads to hurt feelings and anger.

"what is it we are to accomplish" The answer is to become as Christ like as humanly possible.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 11:42:28 PM »

To the fellowship.
I humbely apologize for my statement, I sincerely meant no harm and used a poor choice of a word, accomplish. I was thinking what our purpose was as a fellowship and how do we accomplish
Such a great task as a fellowship. I am very aware of what God wants of me. I did not think my statement was ugly, and not coming from a church background maybe I set myself up to be taught a valuable lesson. I am very sorry and will stop posting.
 Philllppeans 3:8.  " what is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus My Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I main gain Christ.     Thankyou and May God Bless.       Pamela

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2016, 12:02:52 AM »

To the fellowship.
I humbely apologize for my statement, I sincerely meant no harm and used a poor choice of a word, accomplish. I was thinking what our purpose was as a fellowship and how do we accomplish
Such a great task as a fellowship. I am very aware of what God wants of me. I did not think my statement was ugly, and not coming from a church background maybe I set myself up to be taught a valuable lesson. I am very sorry and will stop posting.
 Philllppeans 3:8.  " what is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus My Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I main gain Christ.     Thankyou and May God Bless.       Pamela

I don't understand, Pamela.  I think Dennis was just trying to answer your questions.  There was nothing you said to be apologized for, and I don't think Dennis was taking you to task for asking them.  Sometimes plain text can be misleading...even emojis don't always help.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

cheekie3

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 04:52:41 AM »

Pamela -

I do not believe anyone on this Forum thought that you were not focusing on fellowship - and that you, as all of us, were Directed to this Bible.Truths site and forum:

To the fellowship.

Your Posts have been challenging, and refreshing - and we are all here to learn of His Truths, to support each other, to encourage each other, and to pray for each other.

Phillipeans 3:8 is a Great Statement.

Thank you for you insightful Posts.

Warmest Regards.

George

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2016, 05:24:15 AM »

Certainly not Pamela - My comments were not directed to you at all other than explaining what this forum is about. I'm very sorry I gave you the wrong impression.

14 years ago on the first instance of this forum I let people discuss any and all things as an experiment and it quickly turned ugly as opinions were challenged and people's feelings were hurt. I learned then that we must keep the topics only about what Ray taught to keep this forum civil. Managing this forum continues to be a learning process.

FYI, that first forum went away and we lost everything because we did not have a good Internet host with good security and backups. We've had our current host for many years now and they have excellent security. We've only had a few minor problems over these years.

Security is very important because many dislike our message intensely and would destroy the site and this forum thinking they were doing God's work. But I don't think it is a bad as it was years ago when we were the only site preaching against hell and tithing. Now many sites have 'borrowed' Ray's teachings which I do not mind except many profit financially.

2Co 2:17  For we are not as the majority, who are peddling the word of God, but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God in Christ, are we speaking."  (Concordant)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 05:39:59 AM by Dennis Vogel »

cheekie3

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2016, 07:30:17 AM »

Dennis -

Thank you for clarifying what this Forum is about; and how it differs from the others:

Certainly not Pamela - My comments were not directed to you at all other than explaining what this forum is about. I'm very sorry I gave you the wrong impression.

14 years ago on the first instance of this forum I let people discuss any and all things as an experiment and it quickly turned ugly as opinions were challenged and people's feelings were hurt. I learned then that we must keep the topics only about what Ray taught to keep this forum civil. Managing this forum continues to be a learning process.

FYI, that first forum went away and we lost everything because we did not have a good Internet host with good security and backups. We've had our current host for many years now and they have excellent security. We've only had a few minor problems over these years.

Security is very important because many dislike our message intensely and would destroy the site and this forum thinking they were doing God's work. But I don't think it is a bad as it was years ago when we were the only site preaching against hell and tithing. Now many sites have 'borrowed' Ray's teachings which I do not mind except many profit financially.

2Co 2:17  For we are not as the majority, who are peddling the word of God, but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God in Christ, are we speaking.
(Concordant)

I love 2 Corinthians 2:17.

Years ago, when a Minister asked me to work with him, he asked me to provide a suitable statement about his ministry.

The Lord gave me Matthew 10:8 B.

Matthew 10:8 (KJV)
Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

I did not go with the minister, as I was to-ing and fro-ing - and I was burdened by Him not to go.

This minister still believes the doctrines of the false church (e.g. speaking in unknown tongues, The Trinity, Hell, etc).

It is interesting that most christian ministries ask for their followers' money first above all else - yet there is no healing, cleansing, raising the dead or casting out demons (certainly not physically, and most assuredly not spiritually).

Warmest Regards.

George

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2016, 10:26:37 PM »

Thank you all for your kind reassurance . I think I was so excited about finally getting on the forum
That I was a little too eager to offer my input. I felt like I had a bunch of friends in my house and I finally could talk to some one, but I realize now that I need to be more quiet and study more  and pay attention.You are all so versed in Scripture and although I understand the NT quite well, THe Lord had me read the bible back to front for some reason, and I don't ever question HIm, I am having trouble understanding the OT. For some reason my brain is not wrapping around it. I guess it will come when the Lord is ready, not me. In The meantime everything for me is. "These things must happen." it is Written ", "Thy will be done" and don't answer back to your Father. Lol
So I think I will be posting less and studying more, tonight I studied LOF X11.  Thankyou and May
God Bless all of you and your loved ones.                   Pamela 🙏🏼

cheekie3

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2016, 04:42:36 AM »

Pamela -

The Old Testament is much harder to understand than the New Testament:

Thank you all for your kind reassurance . I think I was so excited about finally getting on the forum
That I was a little too eager to offer my input. I felt like I had a bunch of friends in my house and I finally could talk to some one, but I realize now that I need to be more quiet and study more  and pay attention.You are all so versed in Scripture and although I understand the NT quite well, THe Lord had me read the bible back to front for some reason, and I don't ever question HIm, I am having trouble understanding the OT. For some reason my brain is not wrapping around it. I guess it will come when the Lord is ready, not me. In The meantime everything for me is. "These things must happen." it is Written ", "Thy will be done" and don't answer back to your Father. Lol
So I think I will be posting less and studying more, tonight I studied LOF X11.  Thankyou and May
God Bless all of you and your loved ones.                   Pamela 🙏🏼

One of the hardest things I struggle with is that Our God is the same God in both the Old Testament and the New Testament - yet, in the Old Testament, Our God killed a multitude of people, and Commanded the Israelites to kill their enemies (because the other nations obeyed other gods) - whereas, in the New Testament, His Elect are Commanded to love their enemies, and not repay them evil for evil.

He hardened Pharaoh, and He changed Saul (into Paul).

Perhaps, one day, He will reveal and reconcile the Old and New Testaments to me.

I know that He will Save All (and cleanse All) - but I would like to know why killing was Commanded in the Old Testament, and Love is Commanded in the New Testament - especially, as The books of 'Proverbs' and 'Psalms' are full of aspects of 'His Love'.

Warmest Regards.

George

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2016, 10:31:28 AM »

Please go here Pamela: https://youtu.be/67KkOKuaV-o and start listening at 9 minutes (but start at 5 minutes for better context) and listen for a few minutes.

cheekie3

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2016, 11:44:51 AM »

Dennis -

Thank you for sharing this audio:

Please go here Pamela: https://youtu.be/67KkOKuaV-o and start listening at 9 minutes (but start at 5 minutes for better context) and listen for a few minutes.

Ray's teachings are awesome!

Warmest Regards.

George

Terry

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2016, 03:45:30 PM »

Thank you Dennis that was wonderful can't tell you how much I needed to hear that
Terry
Terry
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 23 queries.