bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Can he come today?  (Read 13453 times)

Hellisfake

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
Can he come today?
« on: November 20, 2016, 12:50:04 PM »

Hi everybody! Here is a question for you:

Could Jesus come today, or is it something that has to take place before he can come, something we can be aware of?
Hellisfake

Musterseed

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • God is Love
Re: Can he come today?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 03:53:57 PM »

Hellisfake
I think he is here now, how else can we explain everything that's happening in the world. He runs everything.
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

DEJI

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 04:25:13 PM »

Jesus Christ said he would come like a thief in the night. He won't give any clues as to his coming. I think Ray said somewhere that every generation of believers since Jesus ascended to heaven has always thought Jesus would come back in their own lifetime.

Hellisfake

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 05:02:05 PM »

Hellisfake
I think he is here now, how else can we explain everything that's happening in the world. He runs everything.

Ofcourse he is here right now, but iam talking about hes second coming, when he will set up his kingdom on earth.
Hellisfake

Hellisfake

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 05:08:52 PM »

Jesus Christ said he would come like a thief in the night. He won't give any clues as to his coming. I think Ray said somewhere that every generation of believers since Jesus ascended to heaven has always thought Jesus would come back in their own lifetime.

But Paul said that: "But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief" 1 Thes 5:4

According to Paul,   Jesus arrival will not surprise us?
Hellisfake

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 05:27:09 PM »

But Paul said that: "But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief" 1 Thes 5:4

Because we are always watching and not slumbering. That doesn't mean we can know the time or day though. It just means that when He does appear, we will be waiting, and thus not taken by surprise.

Mark 13
34 For the Son of Man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

1 Thessalonians 5
1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

So we watch and wait, God willing, and God willing He shall appear soon.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Hellisfake

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 07:14:10 PM »

y

Because we are always watching and not slumbering. That doesn't mean we can know the time or day though. It just means that when He does appear, we will be waiting, and thus not taken by surprise.

Mark 13
34 For the Son of Man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

1 Thessalonians 5
1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

So we watch and wait, God willing, and God willing He shall appear soon.

God bless,
Alex

So the future for the beliver is like a blank paper, no signs, no unfulfilled prophecy, no event we haft to wait for before he can come. Just be ready. Iagree with you.  Thats the way God want it to be, so we dont have rong focus on something, else but the Lord.

Thanks for your reply:)
Hellisfake

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 09:04:55 PM »

Although we don't know the date or hour, I think there are many things happening to indicate
The social, racial. Religion, police state, surveillance obsessed,  rumours of wars, hate crimes, passing disgusting laws, cash grabbing, corruption in government, etc. And I'm just talking about Canada. I believe the Lord is opening up the eyes of many and exposing much corruption. There is a lot of evil out there and Ray speaks about it in his paper on Tophet and Molech In Hinnom.
Coupled with his paper on the two towers, he is giving us a lot of information .
World wide deception is a necessary part of Gods plan.
Matt 24:24
For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive
[if possible] even the elect. If .... a tiny powerful word.🙏🏼
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 06:44:57 PM »

In all of those ways, there have been worse times, and certainly worse times elsewhere at some points in History.  There may be worse times ahead, or there may be better times.  There are also worse times for some while being better times for others.  The sea of Humanity is raging.  Raging seas are not worse and worse and worse.  They are raging.  Waves can only be compared to waves.  I know this isn't a popular message.  Lord knows, I've been told all my life that the world is getting worse and soon to end.  People love their doomsday.  Who am I to argue?  He said He'd calm the waves.  I'm looking forward to that.

2Th 2:1  Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2Th 2:2  That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2Th 2:3  Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4  Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2Th 2:5  Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

If you haven't fallen away and it hasn't been revealed to you that you are the "man of sin" and the "son of perdition", then don't look elsewhere for the sign of His coming.

http://bible-truths.com/lake13.html 

http://bible-truths.com/lake14.html

Understand, I don't expect the world to behave differently.  I expect it to "rage" until it is quieted. 

Gal 5:19  Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20  Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21  Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

I don't even expect the "church" to behave differently, though many do--primarily those who aren't too deeply set in their "religion".

Gal 5:22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23  Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24  And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh (Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like) with the affections and desires.
Gal 5:25  If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 07:03:30 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Hellisfake

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 07:16:28 PM »

So, can we say, yes, He can come today?
Hellisfake

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 08:06:31 PM »

He's been coming today for His few for 2000 years.

Act 17:31  ...he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness (He's not now judging the world) by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

That "day" could be today.  If anybody thinks otherwise, I'm not going to argue.   

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2016, 10:58:47 AM »

So, can we say, yes, He can come today?

Sure.  He can come for you or me today and kill us in death.  Dwelling on all the other fru fru I'm not sure is productive.  Kind of like debating about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. 

lareli

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 01:36:01 PM »

Ray said that his thoughts on when the end of the world would be changed after 9/11

WHEN IS THE END OF THIS WORLD?

Over the years I have been asked many times whether or not I thought the end of this world was near and the coming of our Lord was at hand? This question is usually asked with reference to some recent happening in the world, such as a war or rumor of wars, bad weather, famine, a new potential disease epidemic, some huge earthquake, volcano, hurricane, or a tsunami. These events are general, and have been with us for thousands of years. So my answer was always pretty much the same: "No, I do not believe that the end of the world is near, but certainly "…now our salvation is nearer than when we believed" (Rom.13:11). But that all changed on "September 11, 2001." This to me was not a "general" catastrophic happening as has been witnessed time and again, but this was a very specific catastrophe unlike anything before it.

He also wrote that salvation for the human race would only come after a great slaughter of humanity, that if it weren't for God shortening those days no flesh would be left.

Is this 'great slaughter of humanity' something that could happen after Jesus returns? Or does this have to happen before? I assume this is a physical slaughter because of the use of the word 'flesh' is that accurate?
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

lareli

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2016, 01:46:24 PM »

In regards to unfulfilled prophecy and also Dave talking about the raging sea... does anyone have thoughts on Isaiah 17?

17 A prophecy against Damascus:

“See, Damascus will no longer be a city
    but will become a heap of ruins.
2 The cities of Aroer will be deserted
    and left to flocks, which will lie down,
    with no one to make them afraid.
3 The fortified city will disappear from Ephraim,
    and royal power from Damascus;
the remnant of Aram will be
    like the glory of the Israelites,”
declares the Lord Almighty.
4 “In that day the glory of Jacob will fade;
    the fat of his body will waste away.
5 It will be as when reapers harvest the standing grain,
    gathering the grain in their arms—
as when someone gleans heads of grain
    in the Valley of Rephaim.
6 Yet some gleanings will remain,
    as when an olive tree is beaten,
leaving two or three olives on the topmost branches,
    four or five on the fruitful boughs,”
declares the Lord, the God of Israel.
7 In that day people will look to their Maker
    and turn their eyes to the Holy One of Israel.
8 They will not look to the altars,
    the work of their hands,
and they will have no regard for the Asherah poles[a]
    and the incense altars their fingers have made.
9 In that day their strong cities, which they left because of the Israelites, will be like places abandoned to thickets and undergrowth. And all will be desolation.

10 You have forgotten God your Savior;
    you have not remembered the Rock, your fortress.
Therefore, though you set out the finest plants
    and plant imported vines,
11 though on the day you set them out, you make them grow,
    and on the morning when you plant them, you bring them to bud,
yet the harvest will be as nothing
    in the day of disease and incurable pain.
12 Woe to the many nations that rage—
    they rage like the raging sea!
Woe to the peoples who roar—
    they roar like the roaring of great waters!
13 Although the peoples roar like the roar of surging waters,
    when he rebukes them they flee far away,
driven before the wind like chaff on the hills,
    like tumbleweed before a gale.
14 In the evening, sudden terror!
    Before the morning, they are gone!
This is the portion of those who loot us,
    the lot of those who plunder us.

As we know today Damascus is a city so has this prophecy not been fulfilled? Or perhaps there's a spiritual meaning and fulfillment that has passed?

Is it interesting that Damascus is today the focal point of tension between world nuclear super powers and rumors of war?
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

cheekie3

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2016, 02:21:27 PM »

largeli -

Interesting Scripture:

In regards to unfulfilled prophecy and also Dave talking about the raging sea... does anyone have thoughts on Isaiah 17?

17 A prophecy against Damascus:

“See, Damascus will no longer be a city
    but will become a heap of ruins.

2 The cities of Aroer will be deserted
    and left to flocks, which will lie down,
    with no one to make them afraid.
3 The fortified city will disappear from Ephraim,
    and royal power from Damascus;
the remnant of Aram will be
    like the glory of the Israelites,”
declares the Lord Almighty.
4 “In that day the glory of Jacob will fade;
    the fat of his body will waste away.
5 It will be as when reapers harvest the standing grain,
    gathering the grain in their arms—
as when someone gleans heads of grain
    in the Valley of Rephaim.
6 Yet some gleanings will remain,
    as when an olive tree is beaten,
leaving two or three olives on the topmost branches,
    four or five on the fruitful boughs,”
declares the Lord, the God of Israel.
7 In that day people will look to their Maker
    and turn their eyes to the Holy One of Israel.
8 They will not look to the altars,
    the work of their hands,
and they will have no regard for the Asherah poles[a]
    and the incense altars their fingers have made.
9 In that day their strong cities, which they left because of the Israelites, will be like places abandoned to thickets and undergrowth. And all will be desolation.

10 You have forgotten God your Savior;
    you have not remembered the Rock, your fortress.
Therefore, though you set out the finest plants
    and plant imported vines,
11 though on the day you set them out, you make them grow,
    and on the morning when you plant them, you bring them to bud,
yet the harvest will be as nothing
    in the day of disease and incurable pain.
12 Woe to the many nations that rage—
    they rage like the raging sea!
Woe to the peoples who roar—
    they roar like the roaring of great waters!
13 Although the peoples roar like the roar of surging waters,
    when he rebukes them they flee far away,
driven before the wind like chaff on the hills,
    like tumbleweed before a gale.
14 In the evening, sudden terror!
    Before the morning, they are gone!
This is the portion of those who loot us,
    the lot of those who plunder us.

As we know today Damascus is a city so has this prophecy not been fulfilled? Or perhaps there's a spiritual meaning and fulfillment that has passed?

Is it interesting that Damascus is today the focal point of tension between world nuclear super powers and rumors of war?

There is a lot of misinformation on what is truly going on in Syria today.

It may be that Syria is an integral part of His Plan against the wickedness of mankind - and I am sure that He has some of His Elect living on the land of Syria.

I wonder if mankind will take notice of His Word, if Damascus becomes no more a City.

Kind Regards.

George

Hellisfake

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2016, 06:15:28 PM »

He's been coming today for His few for 2000 years.

Act 17:31  ...he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness (He's not now judging the world) by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

That "day" could be today.  If anybody thinks otherwise, I'm not going to argue.

9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. Acts 1:9

There will be a day when we can see him coming, Physically!  And that day is a special for day for the whole world, a day when the last trumpet shall sound. And it is a day that only happens once.

According to Ray, it can not happen tomorrow

"He also wrote that salvation for the human race would only come after a great slaughter of humanity, that if it weren't for God shortening those days no flesh would be left". quote
Hellisfake

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2016, 07:42:16 PM »

How many Trumpets will sound before the last one?  What happens when the last one sounds?

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2016, 07:57:29 PM »

Matthew 24:30-33
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

1 Thess 4:15-18
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Corinthians 15:51-53
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

I do believe our God can make His appearing at any time. With the prophecies regarding Syria, and other such, I do not know. I know there are the many who make great ends and speeches on these matters. I used to be taken in by them before the Lord opened my eyes and gave me ears. They no longer seem right to me now. The coming of Jesus will be as in the days of Noah. This I know most certainly as He said it. They will be doing as they all have done and then the flood comes upon them suddenly, as a thief in the night, but we will be watching and waiting for Him so when He does return, we will not be ashamed (God willing).

God bless,
Alex

1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2016, 08:14:22 PM »

(BBE)  Because in those days there will be great sorrow, such as there has not been from the start of the world till now, or ever will be.

(CLV)  for then shall be great affliction, such as has not occurred from the beginning of the world till now; neither under any circumstances may be occurring."

(Darby)  for then shall there be great tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, nor ever shall be;

(DRB)  For there shall be then great tribulation, such as hath not been from the beginning of the world until now, neither shall be.

(KJV)  For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

(LEB)  For at that time there will be great tribulation, such as has not happened from the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will happen.

(LITV)  For there will be great affliction, such as has not happened from the beginning of the world until now, no, nor ever will be.

(Murdock)  For there will then be great distress, such as hath not been from the commencement of the world, until now, and will not be.

(YLT)  for there shall be then great tribulation, such as was not from the beginning of the world till now, no, nor may be.

Right or wrong, here's how I read that verse:

(BBE)  Because in those days there will be great sorrow, such as there has not been from the start of the world till now, or ever will be (such as there has been from the start of the world till now). 

Sorrow/affliction such as had not been from the beginning until Jesus spoke these words, and will not be such as has been from the beginning until Jesus spoke these words.  In other words, the type of affliction/sorrow seen from the beginning to "now" will not be. 

Is it a different type of affliction/sorrow that "will be"?  Yes, I think so.  And I go beyond this passage for "witness". 

Mat 24:6  And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7  For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Mat 24:8  All these are the beginning of sorrows.  (How long have they been going on?)
Mat 24:9  Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
Mat 24:10  And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
Mat 24:11  And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:12  And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Mat 24:13  But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Mat 24:14  And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2016, 09:03:16 PM »

Luk 21:36  Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 23 queries.