bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Help  (Read 6458 times)

Musterseed

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • God is Love
Need Help
« on: November 28, 2016, 07:19:29 PM »

Hello my friends, hope all is well with you. I was wondering if you could recommend a psalm
 For me to read to a friend of mine who is very sick with fourth stage cancer. The scriptures
 confuse her . I would like to give her a little hope without her having to question it. I would really appreciate it. Thankyou.   My friend is very sweet, Her name is Beverly. God Bless You....Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: Need Help
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 01:04:39 AM »

Psalm 30 could be a good one

Rhys
🤫

Joel

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 09:38:50 AM »

The 23rd Psalm has been a comfort to lots of people for many years.

Not a Psalm, but Proverbs 2:5-6 has been a favorite scripture of mine for a long time.

Joel

Pini56

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 09:57:10 AM »

Hello Pamela,

Psalm 91; says it all to me.

My Refuge and My Fortress:

Psa 91:1  He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

Psa 91:2  I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Psa 91:3  Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

Psa 91:4  He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Psa 91:5  Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

Psa 91:6  Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

Psa 91:7  A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

Psa 91:8  Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

Psa 91:9  Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

Psa 91:10  There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Psa 91:11  For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

Psa 91:12  They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Psa 91:13  Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

Psa 91:14  Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

Psa 91:15  He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

Psa 91:16  With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Love to You And Yours. Regards, Geoff.

cheekie3

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 11:33:56 AM »

Pamela -

Regarding your friend Beverly:

Hello my friends, hope all is well with you. I was wondering if you could recommend a psalm
 For me to read to a friend of mine who is very sick with fourth stage cancer. The scriptures
 confuse her . I would like to give her a little hope without her having to question it. I would really appreciate it. Thankyou.   My friend is very sweet, Her name is Beverly. God Bless You....Pamela

I hope these New Testament Scriptures will give Beverly the healing she requires:

Matthew 4:23 (KJV):
And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.
Matthew 9:35
And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.
Luke 9:6 (KJV):
And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.
Luke 9:11 (KJV):
And the people, when they knew it, followed him: and he received them, and spake unto them of the kingdom of God, and healed them that had need of healing
Acts 10:38 (KJV):
how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
3 John 1:2 (KJV):
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

May He completely Heal Beverly.

Warmest Regards.

George

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 12:14:47 PM »

Hi Pamela,

My sister's situation is very similar so I understand your desire in wanting to bring comfort to your sweet friend.

Through some of our darkest days psalm 139: 1-18 has given us both comfort and peace in the understanding of how intimately Our heavenly father knows each and every one of his children. Truly awe inspiring.

My prayers are with you both. Sorry I couldn't type the scriptures, very difficult to do on a phone.

Wanda

I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 12:34:01 PM »

I know you asked for a psalm but im a sucker for good music and I find this song super uplifting and filled with hope. Not sure if it helps at all or even what your friend needs but here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXRNX5NrX5A
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 12:53:26 PM »

Rhys,Wanda,Joel.Geoff,George, I -16
Thankyou all so much. You make me cry because you have such beautiful hearts. I love you.
I16 , I too love music, I believe Our Father used it to get me standing on my feet again.
Beverly will be greatful, her pastor wrote down a bunch of scriptures for her and didn't stay to explain them, that's not nice. Again thank you from the bottom of my heart and May the weigh of His Glory fall on us......soon💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 05:56:39 AM »

There is power there to bring change as God wills. For me God showed me things that the church does not have a clue about. The very truth that God will save all they don't have a clue about it and prefer to believe all unbelievers will burn forever. I lose count over how many verses show that to be clearly false, yet they are blind to it.

It frustrates me listening to there teaching which has so many holes in it I'm surprised they don't fall through them. I have friends who believe the same stuff when kids and have not moved on one bit. I still struggle with why they just don't get it but then I know why so why do I get frustrated......maybe love the truth and what they are saying ain't it. I know people more smart than me and they don't have a clue.........not a single clue but have no problem to condemn others with there false teaching, coming across as if they have some superior wisdom on these matters but they are too blind to see there own hand in front of them.....blind clueless guides without a clue.

Just me having a rant. I have best friends that now seem strangers to me, wishing that would get it like God showed me. Good thing God is in charge as He will sort it all out.

Anyway don't tell your friend this that Psalms would be much better  ;)

Rhys
🤫

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 02:45:50 PM »

Hello my friend, hope you are well. We got our first big downfall of snow last night so I guess I had better get the snowblower out. I know what you mean Rhys, I sometimes get a sick feeling in my stomach and anger too at times when I hear the terrible blasphemy of our Dear Lord. It breaks my heart. I have cried every night for the past two years, because of my longing and yearning for Our Father.That little bottle just won't hold all those teardrops. I am retired so I don't have to deal with a lot of people like some here who still have a job, children to raise or school, so I imagine it is a little more difficult to be in that situation. I take comfort in knowing that Jesus is in charge and is with us all the time. Imagine that Rhys, how amazingly Blessed are we to actually know this secret, this,mystery. I live in a valley surrounded by Baptist churches, most of the people here are
Older and set in their ways and of course believe all the lies especially about hellfire and brimstone.
Sometimes I just sit and people watch. I say to myself"these are all my brothers and sisters, struggling through their days, worrying about everything. The way I used to be and I smile because I know that the Lord is going to fix it all and I focus on burden of Glory we will inherit.
I want that burden. Hehe.As for the church not knowing what we know, I guess that's the way the Lord wants it , what must be for Our Gods master plan. Sucks to be them Rhys, I would not want to be in their shoes.Do you dream about what it will be like to help save humanity? I can't even wrap my mind around it, as much as I try. I wonder what we will look like, how would we accomplish this. So many questions. Our Lord has put together a group of misfits, And with Him being a carpenter he built us a house with a strong foundation. We all get to go to that house anytime we want through spirit. In my mind our house is a big log cabin by a lake deep in the forest surrounded by trees and nature. There is a big huge rock fireplace with a roaring fire.
A huge table is set with lots of food and drink, maybe one glass of wine for the stomach. It's very warm and cozy in our house. There is much love in our house also. It's where we can speak freely
 And not be judged, where we can be corrected by more experienced brothers and sisters.How wonderful it feels to be accepted and to learn about the words,the truth of our existence, the good news, our adoption by a King, I get goosebumps just saying that. We are the children of The King
OMG, I want to jump on my white horse , ride up and down the neighbourhood declaring the word of the Lord, but i know I can't. So instead I wait and I Thank The Lord everyday for this log cabin in the woods where I can go anytime I want, sit by the fire and spend time with my new family, whom I love and respect with all of my heart ❤️ We get to spend all our time with a 👑
King, how many people can say that huh? Is that lofty enough for ya. Thank you Lord for L Ray Smith. Have a Blessed day my brother.    Love Pamela

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2016, 03:17:35 PM »

Thanks for sharing that. It's an encouragement to me.

And you have the same name as my mum  8)

Rhys
🤫

Wanda

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2016, 05:58:43 PM »

Pamela -
Your post was such an inspiration for me today, after spending long days at a hospital this week, where my sister is very sick and in intense pain. I found myself becoming the mother in the movie, Terms of Endearment, where she snaps and demands they give her dying daughter the pain medication even though they wanted to make her wait another hour.

I finally got through to them, because I refused to accept their insane logic.

I was finally able to come home because my sister was free of pain and resting comfortably.

I was most certainly feeling off balance and definitely not very spiritual by the time I arrived home, so decided to sit on the front porch, talk to God and decompress.

Shortly I heard a small plane overhead, looked up to see it was a sky writer...The message was...God is LOVE he will save all...WOW! just WOW! I was so relieved because I had no idea where I was going to get a white horse ;D
Thank you sweet lady
Wanda

« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 10:13:05 AM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2016, 06:35:14 PM »

Hello Wanda
I am truly sorrowful  for you and your family. Watching our loved ones suffer is heart wrenching.
What is your sisters name, how old is she.I will pray for her. I know how you feel. I had one sister die in my arms and another missing for seven months before we found out she was dead. Thank the Lord for His Mercy to pull us through these trials and it is a comfort to know that he is with your sister also.
And He is before ALL things and by Him all things consist (Hold Together)
May God Bless you and give you strength at this time.    Love Pamela

Wanda

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2016, 07:32:54 PM »

Unfortunately, no one is exempt from pain, loss and suffering in this human experience but, having kindness and prayers from others makes it bearable.

I'll send you a pm so the moderators don't have to move this to prayer request.

Thank's so much Pamela

Wanda
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 07:43:12 PM by Wanda »

Wanda

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2016, 02:06:18 PM »

I had intended to interject some humor into the mix but, think I fell short.

Wanda

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2016, 10:28:15 PM »

I fall short every day Wanda, I'm only 4ft 11in.tall or short hehe😜

Wanda

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2016, 04:57:29 PM »

Matthew 13:32
Though it is the smallest of all the seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in it's branches.  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.