bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: John The Baptist  (Read 5116 times)

Tim Krantz

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
John The Baptist
« on: December 01, 2016, 03:36:26 PM »

I assume the Jews of Jesus' day kept birth records, so would the reason John wasn't killed was because he was slightly over 2, and Jesus slightly under. Any other insight on this?

lareli

Re: John The Baptist
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 04:13:32 PM »

You're referring to Herod slaughtering the babies right? Good question.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Extol

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 05:01:16 PM »

Matthew 2:16--Herod was furious when he realized that the wise men had outwitted him. He sent soldiers to kill all the boys in and around Bethlehem who were two years old and under, based on the wise men's report of the star's first appearance.(New Living Translation)

Luke 1:39-40--In those days Mary got ready and hurried to a town in the hill country of Judah, where she entered the home of Zechariah and greeted Elizabeth.…

Presumably John did not live close enough to Bethlehem to be included in the slaughter.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 05:05:05 PM »

I assume the Jews of Jesus' day kept birth records, so would the reason John wasn't killed was because he was slightly over 2, and Jesus slightly under. Any other insight on this?

Curious as to the importance of this question?

But the Scriptures inform us John the Baptist and Jesus were six months apart in age.

Jesus was not killed by Herod because God protected Him by having Joseph take Jesus to Egypt.

John the Baptist was not killed by Herod because he did not live in Bethlehem.

Tim Krantz

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 06:33:46 PM »

Thanks to all.

Joel

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 12:07:49 AM »

Those things already stated are no doubt true.
The way I see it, all the people involved, had to do as recorded in the scriptures because of prophecy.
Herod, Pilate, Caiaphas, John, and of course Jesus.

John 19:11-Jesus answered, (Pilate) Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

Luke 24:44-And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Joel

cheekie3

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 03:30:35 AM »

John -

Thank you for providing this comprehensive response regarding why John the Baptist was not killed like the other Hebrew children who lived in Bethlehem:

Curious as to the importance of this question?

But the Scriptures inform us John the Baptist and Jesus were six months apart in age.

Jesus was not killed by Herod because God protected Him by having Joseph take Jesus to Egypt.

John the Baptist was not killed by Herod because he did not live in Bethlehem.

To me, it is important, to provide the Scriptural Witnesses to questions raised on this Forum by those seeking His Truths.

I never thought of this question myself before, but I believe it is relevant - as John the Baptist was of a similar age to Jesus.

Warmest Regards.

George

cheekie3

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 03:43:16 AM »

Joel -

Thank you for raising this essential point regarding the fulfillment of Prophecies of The Old Testament Scriptures:

Those things already stated are no doubt true.
The way I see it, all the people involved, had to do as recorded in the scriptures because of prophecy.
Herod, Pilate, Caiaphas, John, and of course Jesus.

John 19:11-Jesus answered, (Pilate) Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

Luke 24:44-And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Joel

I myself, look at The Holy Scriptures, in one respect, as a massive jigsaw puzzle - whereby, all the 'Truth's and 'mysteries' must all fit together.

Obviously, we do not know 'All Truth' or 'all mysteries', but we are aware of a lot - and I believe it is necessary that we do not have any 'doubts' to any particular issue - hence I personally am in a permanent mode of 'question everything', in order to ascertain 'the Truth of things'.

Ray often spoke about 'all the words', and said 'if it is in there, 'there must be a reason for it'.

I personally believe that it is an essential, and a very healthy thing to, not 'assume anything' and to 'question everything'; as to me, this is the best way, for each of us, to get to 'know' particular 'Truths' in 'The Holy Scriptures'.

Warmest Regards.

George

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.