bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MOSAIC LAW  (Read 5226 times)

Brenda

THE MOSAIC LAW
« on: December 06, 2016, 10:50:05 AM »

Jesus Christ, the Son of God, declared:

“The words that I speak unto you I speak not out of myself. I have not spoken of myself, but the Father which sent me, He gave me a commandment what I should say and what I should speak. If any man will do my Father’s will, he shall know of the teaching, whether my words be of God or whether I speak of myself.”

Following this declaration one of the lawyers representing the Pharisees then asked Jesus a question to test whether the words which Jesus spoke were indeed in harmony with the Law of Moses, who also long before claimed to be a spokesman of God:
Please help me understand, was it TEN COMMANDMENTS OR ONE?  “Master, which is the greatest, the supreme, the most high commandment in the complete Mosaic Law?”

Jesus answered the lawyer:

This is the first, greatest, supreme, most high commandment in the Mosaic Law: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. And the second and greatest, supreme, most high commandment is: Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. (John 14:10, 12:49, 7:17, Matt. 22:35-40)

These were not two separate commandments; it was only one commandment with two sides. It was only one commandment written on two indestructible ‘tablets of stone’. According to Jesus’ answer to the lawyer, there were only five words on the first tablet, commanding: Love God heart, soul, mind.

And according to Jesus, on the second tablet there were also only five words commanding: Love thy neighbor as thyself.

Therefore according to Jesus the original Law of God was only about love thy God and love thy neighbor.

Nothing about graven images, simulacra, idols and other objects of worship.

Nothing about sacraments, feasts of remembrance, holy days and religious ceremonies.

Nothing about holy garments, rituals of celebration and sacrificial slaughtering of animals.

Nothing about slavery, mastery and the abuse of power and authority.

Nothing about the significance of numbers, the burning of candles, the waving of colored flags, the blowing of ram’s horns and shofars.

Nothing about faith in the magical powers of olive oil as chrism, or about Gentiles becoming “spiritual” Jews by eating kosher foodstuffs.   CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN THIS?

cheekie3

Re: THE MOSAIC LAW
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 11:50:12 AM »

Brenda -

Are you simply asking if there were ten (10) Commandments of two (2) Commandments:

Jesus Christ, the Son of God, declared:

“The words that I speak unto you I speak not out of myself. I have not spoken of myself, but the Father which sent me, He gave me a commandment what I should say and what I should speak. If any man will do my Father’s will, he shall know of the teaching, whether my words be of God or whether I speak of myself.”

Following this declaration one of the lawyers representing the Pharisees then asked Jesus a question to test whether the words which Jesus spoke were indeed in harmony with the Law of Moses, who also long before claimed to be a spokesman of God:
Please help me understand, was it TEN COMMANDMENTS OR ONE?  “Master, which is the greatest, the supreme, the most high commandment in the complete Mosaic Law?”

Jesus answered the lawyer:

This is the first, greatest, supreme, most high commandment in the Mosaic Law: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. And the second and greatest, supreme, most high commandment is: Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. (John 14:10, 12:49, 7:17, Matt. 22:35-40)

These were not two separate commandments; it was only one commandment with two sides. It was only one commandment written on two indestructible ‘tablets of stone’. According to Jesus’ answer to the lawyer, there were only five words on the first tablet, commanding: Love God heart, soul, mind.

And according to Jesus, on the second tablet there were also only five words commanding: Love thy neighbor as thyself.

Therefore according to Jesus the original Law of God was only about love thy God and love thy neighbor.

Nothing about graven images, simulacra, idols and other objects of worship.

Nothing about sacraments, feasts of remembrance, holy days and religious ceremonies.

Nothing about holy garments, rituals of celebration and sacrificial slaughtering of animals.

Nothing about slavery, mastery and the abuse of power and authority.

Nothing about the significance of numbers, the burning of candles, the waving of colored flags, the blowing of ram’s horns and shofars.

Nothing about faith in the magical powers of olive oil as chrism, or about Gentiles becoming “spiritual” Jews by eating kosher foodstuffs.   CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN THIS?

There were ten (10) Commandments in Exodus 20.

Exodus 20 (KJV):
The ten commandments in the KJV bible are:
"You shall have no other gods before Me,"
"you shall not make for yourself a carved image,"
"you shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain,"
"Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy,"
"Honor your father and your mother,"
"You shall not murder,"
"You shall not commit adultery,"
"You shall not steal,"
"You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor"
and
"You shall not covet anything that is your neighbor's."

I believe Jesus, summarised and emphasized, what the ten (10) Commandments were and meant into two (2) Commandments - in that, if anyone fully obeyed these 'summarised' two (2) Commandments, they would fulfill the whole Law, and would keep all the ten (10) Commandments.

Warmest Regards.

George

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 09:37:55 PM »

Brenda its hard to understand what you're getting at. Was this copied and pasted from somewhere else?

The stone tablets are the law of the covenent and the law of Moses included not just the covenant law but other laws including the handwritten ordinances which Jesus fullfills, and in regards to those ordinances nails to the cross as they are contrary to us.

I think for some reason you think, or whoever wrote this thinks, the law of Moses is just the 10 commandments but that is speicifically called 'the law of the covenent' and not 'the law of Moses' though it was certainly a part of that larger law.

Also the tablets were not indestructible as Moses broke them in his anger the first time around.

Moses brought the law which was a ministration of death because the commandments cannot be kept by man. Thou shalt not covet condemns us all to death and therefor though the pharisees appeared outwardly righteous as they kept the law blamelessly, inwardly they were dead because their weak hearts made it impossible to not covet. Don't even think about it Jesus said, which is perfectly in line with the spiritual law of God. God see's the heart and our righteousness must exceed that of the pharisees who kept the law blamelessly (but were inwardly dead) if we are to enter the kingdom. This requires a new covenent wherein God gives us a new heart of flesh and writes His spiritual law upon our heart which by being in Jesus we recieve and through His spirit in us we are made righteouss as He does His good work in conforming us to His very image. We don't do it, by trying to keep the law better for our works are filthy rags and we who believe do enter into rest, but rather He who is the author and perfector of our faith does His good work.

Maybe try rephrasing your question as Im not sure if ive answered it but It seems you are very confused or at the least wherever this came from, the author is confused.

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 09:57:28 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Joel

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 12:50:32 AM »

The law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ, BIG difference. (John 1:17)

2 Corinthians 3:6-Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Joel

Brenda

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 01:42:02 AM »

Apologies,  I was not clear on my question: The Laws were given to Moses (first set) which he broke out of anger, then he went back up the mountain and came down with another set of commandments "after" he saw what his people were doing, eg. making other gods etc.  My question is thus, did he only receive the two commandments (one), which Jesus clearly stated or was the Law given to him (all 10).  Now according to Jesus the first half of the greatest commandment in the Mosaic Law engraved on the first original tablet which Moses destroyed, recognized only the supremacy and uniqueness of God. Jesus said that the first commandment was: To love God with heart, soul and mind. But Moses said that the first commandment included: That beside God there were other lesser gods, graven images and likenesses to bow down to and to serve by freedom of choice.In Exodus 20:1-5 Moses told us that the unchangeable Lord God commanded Him: “Thou SHALT NOT MAKE unto thee any graven image or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth”.

In Numbers 21:8-9 Moses told us that this very same unchangeable God commanded him: “Thou SHALT MAKE unto thee a graven image and likeness of a serpent that goeth on its belly on the earth and thou shalt exalt the serpent upon a pole”.In 2 Kings 18:4 it is recorded that King Hezekiah did what was RIGHT in the sight of the Lord God when he ‘brake’ in pieces the brazen serpent that Moses had made.

Now, I have copied and pasted these writings from a friend of mine's post and it just made me think and my reason for asking. I am confused?

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 02:27:47 AM »

Apologies,  I was not clear on my question: The Laws were given to Moses (first set) which he broke out of anger, then he went back up the mountain and came down with another set of commandments "after" he saw what his people were doing, eg. making other gods etc.  My question is thus, did he only receive the two commandments (one), which Jesus clearly stated or was the Law given to him (all 10).  Now according to Jesus the first half of the greatest commandment in the Mosaic Law engraved on the first original tablet which Moses destroyed, recognized only the supremacy and uniqueness of God. Jesus said that the first commandment was: To love God with heart, soul and mind. But Moses said that the first commandment included: That beside God there were other lesser gods, graven images and likenesses to bow down to and to serve by freedom of choice.In Exodus 20:1-5 Moses told us that the unchangeable Lord God commanded Him: “Thou SHALT NOT MAKE unto thee any graven image or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth”.

In Numbers 21:8-9 Moses told us that this very same unchangeable God commanded him: “Thou SHALT MAKE unto thee a graven image and likeness of a serpent that goeth on its belly on the earth and thou shalt exalt the serpent upon a pole”.In 2 Kings 18:4 it is recorded that King Hezekiah did what was RIGHT in the sight of the Lord God when he ‘brake’ in pieces the brazen serpent that Moses had made.

Now, I have copied and pasted these writings from a friend of mine's post and it just made me think and my reason for asking. I am confused?

Hi Brenda,

Take a moment and stop please. You are making way too many assumptions. Jesus made no such statement that you are claiming. The love your neighbor and love the Lord your God with all your heart and soul are not in the ten commandments. George listed the ten commandments for you.

The mosaic law is NOT the ten commandments. That's your problem. The mosaic law is all laws which INCLUDES the ten commandments. The ten commandments are called 'the law of the covenant.' They were placed in the arc of the covenent. The handwitting ordinances, the book of the law of Moses, etc.. these were NOT in the arc BUT they also make up 'the law of Moses.' The ten commandments, the law of the covenant, were and always have been spiritual because of the 10th, i.e. 'DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!' ("Thou shalt not covet...") The handwriting ordinances, the cut the foreskin off your penis, don't work on Saturday, don't eat pork, don't eat shrimp, don't get a haircut, etc... etc.. these were contrary toward us and so were nailed to the cross with Jesus.

You seem to be jumping around a lot too. What is your point about bringing up the worship of images? God is not unchangeable either.

To help you with your confusion though, God forbid the making of graven images for WORSHIP. Did God command Moses to make a serpent so they could WORSHIP it? No. Hezekiah did the right thing because the Isrealites started WORSHIPING the staff.

2 Kings 18:4 He removed the high places, and brake the images, and cut down the groves, and brake in pieces the brasen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it [WORSHIPING]: and he called it Nehushtan WORSHIPING].

You would be well served by staying away from people who cause you to doubt the good news gospel or cause you confusion. Why do that to yourself? Study what ray has written and study God's word without the outside influences and see where the Lord leads you.

Is your friend an athiest who is supposedly bringing you 'contradictions' in the bible? If this is the nature of your conversation I suggest you stop it as you do not have the knowledge it appears to deal with these 'supposed contradictions.'

If I am mistaken on the nature of your conversation I apologize up front but it is merely some friendly advice for you.

God bless,
Alex

« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 11:09:59 AM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Brenda

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 04:01:32 AM »

Dear Alex, No, I am not making any assumptions and I am not claiming that Jesus made any "such" statements - NEVER!.  I have been reading and studying Ray's material since 2001 together with my Bible and I believe it 100%.  Just thought I would clear that up.  Now the post that I did post was a copy and paste from a friend's post that he posts on his website (similar to Ray's), however as I said, he is a friend, not that I believe what he says or believe what he believes.  It JUST made me think and this is why I needed some clarity (REALITY CHECK IF YOU WILL).  It is always nice to come back to hear the TRUTH over and over again.  You do know that SATAN deceives the World.  So I am trying to stay on track here.  You ask why do I stay with people that cause me confusion?  I am still learning (even though GOD called me out of Babylon over 30 years ago, I am still a work in progress).. Thank you Alex and God Bless.

cheekie3

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 05:50:14 AM »

Brenda -

Long time since your were first dragged to Him then:

Dear Alex, No, I am not making any assumptions and I am not claiming that Jesus made any "such" statements - NEVER!.  I have been reading and studying Ray's material since 2001 together with my Bible and I believe it 100%.  Just thought I would clear that up.  Now the post that I did post was a copy and paste from a friend's post that he posts on his website (similar to Ray's), however as I said, he is a friend, not that I believe what he says or believe what he believes.  It JUST made me think and this is why I needed some clarity (REALITY CHECK IF YOU WILL).  It is always nice to come back to hear the TRUTH over and over again.  You do know that SATAN deceives the World.  So I am trying to stay on track here.  You ask why do I stay with people that cause me confusion?  I am still learning (even though GOD called me out of Babylon over 30 years ago, I am still a work in progress).. Thank you Alex and God Bless.

And humble too.

I, from time to time, check His New Testament Commandments against the way I am - like looking into the mirror of my innermost being, if you will - and perhaps, you also do this, from time to time - and I am always amazed how much He has changed me from within in my heart and mind.

Warmest Regards.

George

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 04:44:05 PM »

Apologies Brenda, no offense was intended. Don't let my words be any reality check, I am as you are, flesh and blood, constantly seeking the truth. I know in His time we shall all arrive at the truth. Patience is a very hard quality of His to acquire and incorporate into our being.

I think the Mosaic law engenders many questions, especially from christians, and I feel in this area we are poorly equipped. It was an area that ray covered in bits and pieces here and there but never truly tackled as a main focus of his studies.

This topic certainly requires our better understanding though.

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me
Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
Hebrews 12:2 Fixing our eyes unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ

God bless,
Alex

Flanagan

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 06:55:16 PM »

Brenda my sister,  I would suggest you ask you friend who wrote it to explain it. Then tell us what he said.  Grace Sister
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 24 queries.