bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Westworld  (Read 3488 times)

lareli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Westworld
« on: December 10, 2016, 12:58:20 PM »

Who's watching Westworld?

Makes for an interesting illustration of 'will' vs 'free-will'.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

cheekie3

Re: Westworld
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 04:19:50 PM »

largeli -

I have not watched Westworld yet:

Who's watching Westworld?

Makes for an interesting illustration of 'will' vs 'free-will'.

I will watch it, and I will let you know.

Kind Regards.

George

jingle52

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 12:34:10 PM »

Sorry, I thought we were to die to self every day, the lusts of the eyes, the pride of life and the lusts of the flesh? How can we do this if we are watching TV programmes like these? Just me thinking out loud...

Jingle

lareli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 12:16:25 PM »

Interesting thought jingle. Yes there is explicit content on that show just as there is in the world we live in (and in the Bible too for that matter). But my interest in the show has to do with the artificial intelligence and 'what is consciousness'. Do we have any more free will than a man made artificial intelligence... that's what the show is about. The 'adult content' or explicit content in the show is really just to illustrate what kind of god 'man' would be if he had the power to create an artificial intelligence that has just as much 'free will' as a human. And what is 'consciousness'. The writers most likely used the explicitness to dive into the depravity of what's in a man when man has god-like power. But the show moves past that aspect as the season progresses.

I find the questions that the show poses are relevant to a lot of discussion on this forum. And if nothing else the show gives us an illustration of the difference between free will vs will.

The artificial intelligence beings in the show do not know they are artificial and they believe they are real... but what is 'belief' to a machine? Is it different than 'belief' to a human?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 01:12:20 PM by largeli »
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.