bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sabbath  (Read 6286 times)

Topaz

Sabbath
« on: August 19, 2006, 01:17:30 PM »

I viewed this on Ray's email list. I did not put in the question but it is viewable there.

I have 705 unanswered emails ahead of yours, and your questions are way too long to answer in an email. It will take at least a 50 paper to cover the questions you are asking. It is a HUGE subject. In the mean time, follow your conscience and rest or worship on the Sabbath and attempt to keep the ten commandments. But until you understand that "THE LAW IS SPIRITUAL" (Romans 7:14), you will never mature in Christ Jesus. And when you understand that this includes the Sabbath command as well as the other nine, your approach to "keeping the sabbath" will change your life completely.
God be with you,
Ray

My question is:
Is there someone out there that is close enough to Ray that might persuade him to maybe write that 50 page response sometime.
I have also had those questions that were presented...
until you understand that "THE LAW IS SPIRITUAL"
...OK.... but....do we just sit and wait for God to show us this understanding or where mught we learn this spiritual law?
I understand things are not necessary to be performed "in the physical" but is to be realized in the "spiritual". 
But I guess I am not "spiritual" enough to separate some "physical" things.
Topaz

Kat

Re: Sabbath
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 01:36:53 PM »

Hi Topaz,
There are many spiritual things I have yet to understand.
Ray is just one man, and I think he is doing what God leads him to do.
He has a paper out 'Twelve God-Given Truths To Understand His Word'.

http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm

If you have already read this paper, I have found that when I reread something
I can pick up a lot that I didn't get the first time.

I hope this helps.

Kat

Topaz

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 01:41:30 PM »

Thanks Kat
No I had not read that one yet....I will go to it now.
...Topaz

keesha.b

Resting on the Sabbath
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 11:26:13 AM »

I never really bothered to rest on the Sabbath day- to me it was just another day to catch up with what I didn't get around to during the rest of the week. But think about it- God knows how important it is for us to rest: To get away from the hustle and bustle of life and be in His presence. By spending time in peace with our Father, we not only grow closer to Him, but are also energised for the coming week. Just try it once. Make a few sacrifices so that all your work etc. is done by Saturday, then do no work on Sunday, using the time to praise God, get into His word and "chill" in His presence. You'll have so much peace.

Kat

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 01:22:57 PM »

Hi Keesha'

If you are living your life for Christ,
then why would you set aside just one day for Him.

The Sabbath is of the law of the old covenant.

Rom 6:14  For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under law, but under grace.

Gal 5:18  But if ye are led by the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

If we are being lead by the Spirit,
we will desire to seek Him daily.

Luk 9:23  And He said to all, If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily. And let him follow Me.

We also get our rest from Him.

Mat 11:28  "Come to me, all of you who are weary and loaded down with burdens, and I will give you rest.

mercy, peace,and love
Kat

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 04:20:33 PM »

Hi Keesha'

If you are living your life for Christ,
then why would you set aside just one day for Him.

The Sabbath is of the law of the old covenant.

Rom 6:14  For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under law, but under grace.

Gal 5:18  But if ye are led by the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

If we are being lead by the Spirit,
we will desire to seek Him daily.

Luk 9:23  And He said to all, If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily. And let him follow Me.

We also get our rest from Him.

Mat 11:28  "Come to me, all of you who are weary and loaded down with burdens, and I will give you rest.

mercy, peace,and love
Kat

Exactly my thoughts. Why set aside one day?

As Christians we HAVE ENTERED INTO REST, in CHRIST! We rest everyday! We worship everyday! We praise Him everday! We fullfill His comandments everday! Why? Because CHrist is the fullfillment of all these things, and if you are walking in the SPIRIT then you are doing these daily. If you walk after the flesh, then you are still in bondage of sin and death.

God bless,

Alex.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 11:57:31 PM »

Topaz bless your heart my friend. I too learned from this thread and isn't it great to know we can have the peace and rest of God 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.

You are very welcome also.

Love to you,

bobby

I second that!

I will rest also :)

God is so good, let us press onward brothers to attain that goal! I hope one day to see you all as overcomers. I think it would be awsome!

A big family re-union, one that will never end!

God bless and much love,

Alex

mongoose

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 01:35:25 PM »

A big family re-union, one that will never end!

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

gmik

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 11:42:00 PM »

Bobby,  ;D ;D ;D me too!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 16 queries.