bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gaming and Coding (Programming) discussion thread  (Read 4710 times)

Myst

Gaming and Coding (Programming) discussion thread
« on: December 15, 2016, 06:47:28 PM »

GML stands for Game Maker Language

I know how to code working if relative in
GML
and also in Haxe in the Flash game making program
Stencyl

I am making a Zelda Classic 2.5 quest named
Link and Abei 2's Journey to Mesquite, Nevada

I love Super Mario Maker

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Gaming and Coding (Programming) discussion thread
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 09:31:56 PM »

GML stands for Game Maker Language

I know how to code working if relative in
GML
and also in Haxe in the Flash game making program
Stencyl

I am making a Zelda Classic 2.5 quest named
Link and Abei 2's Journey to Mesquite, Nevada

I love Super Mario Maker

Hi Myst,

Very cool. I know of game maker.

I'm a medical student but i love programming and in my downtime i use Unity 5 to design games. Mostly 2D games for fun. I never get too far into the process as my art making abilities are poor. I lack the ability to make decent sprites. I can code decently though :)

Are you a computer science major?

Kindly,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Myst

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 09:59:33 PM »

No unfortunatly I am not a computer science major.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 12:43:27 AM »

No unfortunatly I am not a computer science major.

Well I wouldn't mind seeing what you're working on if you ever feel like sharing! There are a couple of you tube series that I've followed along to make what I've made so far.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Porter

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 09:32:54 AM »

That's awesome guys. I'm not a coder, but I'am a gamer so I can appreciate the complicated nature involved into making games. If you guys ever need a tester look me up! :)

Oh and welcome to the forums Myst!
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 12:21:55 PM »

That's awesome guys. I'm not a coder, but I'am a gamer so I can appreciate the complicated nature involved into making games. If you guys ever need a tester look me up! :)

Oh and welcome to the forums Myst!

Hey Porter, Im a gamer myself! I grewup on computers. I spent a lot of my time in highschool playing Diablo 2, starcraft, and counterstrike.

My brother works for blizzard so I have a free year subscription to World of Warcraft, i rarely play though due to my limited time. I also recieved overwatch which I play a bit more and whicb my six year old daughter loves to play! I also have a steam account. Are you on battle.net or steam? We can be friends on both if you do.

What do you like to play porter?

God bless,
Alex

Porter

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 06:26:12 PM »

Whoa your brother works for blizzard? That is so cool as they are like probably the biggest name in the mmo gaming world.

Yeah Iv'e been gaming since like the late 70's starting from atari and an apple computer and now mostly pc gaming on windows 10, but I plan to play more on xbox once we get a fiber connection here where I live in northern Alaska. The Internet here is not all that great for gaming on-line atm, but I can play some games without too much problems. High ping keeps me from playing twitch type shooters or where reaction time is life and death. For those type of games I play over a lan with my kids where lag isn't an issue.

I pretty much play almost the whole gamut of genre's which you will be able to see on my steam profile once you add me. I also used to play a lot of Eve Online, which is one of the only mmo's my bad connection can handle. I tried WoW once, but there was way too much input lag from my high ping.

I play a lot with my 8 year old daughter too, mostly co-op type games, mostly fps's or survival. Ark: Survival Evolved is one of our favorites.

Anyway, my steam user name is drdriggs, so feel free to add me. Anyone else on here who has steam please feel free to do the same.

Peace

Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 07:38:12 PM »

Whoa your brother works for blizzard? That is so cool as they are like probably the biggest name in the mmo gaming world.

Yeah Iv'e been gaming since like the late 70's starting from atari and an apple computer and now mostly pc gaming on windows 10, but I plan to play more on xbox once we get a fiber connection here where I live in northern Alaska. The Internet here is not all that great for gaming on-line atm, but I can play some games without too much problems. High ping keeps me from playing twitch type shooters or where reaction time is life and death. For those type of games I play over a lan with my kids where lag isn't an issue.

I pretty much play almost the whole gamut of genre's which you will be able to see on my steam profile once you add me. I also used to play a lot of Eve Online, which is one of the only mmo's my bad connection can handle. I tried WoW once, but there was way too much input lag from my high ping.

I play a lot with my 8 year old daughter too, mostly co-op type games, mostly fps's or survival. Ark: Survival Evolved is one of our favorites.

Anyway, my steam user name is drdriggs, so feel free to add me. Anyone else on here who has steam please feel free to do the same.

Peace

Oh wow! You are quiet the avid gamer! That is awesome! You know whats a good game offline? Skyrim. I have it on steam. Its an amazing game and requires no real connection other than being on steam!

I like to play natural selection 2 on steam as an FPS game. I find it a bit more engaging than overwatch only because it takes a bit more strategezing. Its kind of like starcraft, only you're either the marine on the floor or the zerg, and each team has its commander who commands you and you go out and fight for them to get the resources. Its pretty neat.

I'm sending you a request. My handle is 'Blu3' and will show up as such.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.