bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Christmas  (Read 9206 times)

Porter

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Christmas
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2016, 09:26:12 AM »

"Thanks.  You too."

Someone wished me happy holidays yesterday and this is exactly what I said as I thought of this thread. Couldn't help to have a little chuckle to myself seeing how it was the UPS guy delivering my kids Christmas presents, not to mention also that he was an old friend I hadn't seen in years. Funny how given the right circumstances I did just the opposite of what I wished I could have said from my first response in this thread.

My hate for Christmas stems from being let down and letting others down just like old Ebenezer, so it has little (but some) to do with it being a pagan holiday or what ever negative label you want to put on it. I guess Christmas for me has always been stressful, guilt inducing and full of pressure.

Thanks for the awesome replies, it really helps to have confirmation that we are truly free.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 10:26:54 PM by Porter »
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

cheekie3

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2016, 01:51:55 PM »

Porter -

"Thanks.  You too."

Someone wished me happy holidays yesterday and this is exactly what I said as I thought of this thread. Couldn't help to have a little chuckle to myself seeing how it was the UPS guy delivering my kids Christmas presents, not to mention also that he was an old friend I hadn't seen in years. Funny how given the right circumstances I did just the opposite of what I wished I could have said from my first response in this thread.

My hate for Christmas stems from being let down and letting others down just like old Ebenezer, so it has little (but some) to do with it being a pagan holiday or what ever negative label you want to put on it. I guess Christmas for me has always been stressful, guilt inducing and full of pressure.

Thanks for the awesome replies, it really helps to have confirmation that we are truly free.

I posted Christmas cards today to our neighbours we have known for nearly 30 years today.

I know it is pagan, but most accept it as 'family time' and 'a time to do good'.

I am sure most think about the evil in the world, as well as the good in the world at this time - as to most, it is probably the one time in the year that they 'stand still and reflect on things'.

I keep remembering about Joseph and his brothers, who meant evil to happen - which Yah'Weh meant for Good.

Warmest Regards.

George

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2016, 04:15:29 PM »

Truly when you take on the yoke of Jesus, which is to trust and wait and hope and be patient in His salvation, then you will find peace for your weary soul and enter into rest. So many people want to find their own righteousness, do their own works, but to God belongs the victory and the certainty of salvation which He will show in His own time.

Isaiah 30:15 For thus saith the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not.

Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Hebrews 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Matthew 11:29-30
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

It seems even among those who are called and chosen is the Lord still teaching this milk.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2016, 04:21:55 PM »

Love these words from Job,

Job 23:13 But He alone is God, and who can oppose him? God does as He pleases.

The victory is assured brethren and the completion of His good work an ever rapidly approaching conclusion.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

octoberose

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2016, 07:53:15 AM »

To all ...
   Before the cross, there was a manger,
   Before the Saviour of the Word, a Newborn King,
   Before a mothers sorrow, a mothers joy,
   And before the darkness of Calvary ,
    There was the light of a Star that led the way
    And all the heavens rejoiced, and the angels sang,
    Glory to God in the highest, Peace, Goodwill toward men !

HoneyLamb56

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2017, 12:42:10 PM »

I like an xmas tree and the lights;  I do not enjoy the season because of the economic stresses especially on those who can't afford it; all the special toy drives just for the sake of children believing in santa;  businesses are the only ones who profit.  Isn't that why we have birthdays?  Spend the money on buying birthday presents and celebrations. 

I always felt I was "sitting on the fence" in trying to decide whether or not to celebrate christmas; I used to be in the church choir and loved the living xmas tree that we sang in believing it was helping others to "hear the word" and learn about Jesus' birth etc. until I felt in my heart that I was Babylon; after reading the responses here, I feel better or maybe a little more enlightened;  that it's what's in my heart that God sees; I still say happy holidays tho. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.