bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are His Elect Free in this Age of Grace; and if so, free from what?  (Read 4305 times)

cheekie3

All -

These Scriptural passages have stayed with me, since He dragged me to Himself:

Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

KJV reproduced by permission of Cambridge University Press, the Crown’s patentee in the UK.

Matthew 10:8
Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

John 8:32
and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

John 8:33
They answered him, We be Abraham’s seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

John 8:36
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Romans 6:18
Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Romans 6:20
For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

Romans 6:22
But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

1 Corinthians 7:22
For he that is called in the Lord, being a servant, is the Lord’s freeman: likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christ’s servant.

1 Corinthians 9:1
Am I not an apostle? am I not free? have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? are not ye my work in the Lord?

1 Corinthians 9:19
For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

Galatians 4:26
But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Galatians 4:31
So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

Galatians 5:1
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

1 Peter 2:16
as free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

As I understand these verses, and in order For 'His Good Works of Righteousness' to continue 'through His Body, the Called Out, Called Out Elect', in this current Age of Grace, His Elect have been freed from:

A. The dominion of sin.
B. Death.
C. Bondage.
D. Satan's kingdom.

So if we look at the opposite (when His Elect were not dragged out to Himself), we have the following status of His Elect:

I. Sin dominated their lives.
II. They were dead.
III. They were in Bondage.
IV. They were under the control of Satan.

So, His Elect now, in this Age of Grace must be:

1. Directed by His Holy Spirit.
2. Alive in Him.
3. Free to serve Him.
4. In The Kingdom of God.

Have I got my understanding correct?

Warmest Regards.

George

Musterseed

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • God is Love
Re: Are His Elect Free in this Age of Grace; and if so, free from what?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 01:24:16 PM »

For Me personally George, I am free from fear.

1john4:18... there is no fear in Love, but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in Love.

Rom. 8:15...For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave to fear,but you received the Spirit of Sonship and by Him we cry "Abba Father".

Deut.5:5...Do not be afraid of them;the Lord your God Himself will fight for you.

Psalm 118:6...The Lord is with me. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?

Matt 14:27..But Jesus immediately said to them,"Take courage! It is I. Do not be afraid".

Isaiah 12:2..... Surely God is my salvation. I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord is my strength and my song! He has become my salvation.

Jesus gives me courage, peace, a little boldness, because I was so timid . And most of all, He gives me His powerful Love that takes away my fear from evil in this world. I Thank my Lord Jesus for
Loving me so much and allowing me to know the truth. God is for me , who can be against me.
It's so amazing, I am so greatful. 🙏🏼 Peace and Love.     Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

cheekie3

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 03:04:57 PM »

Pamela -

Thank you for sharing this with us:

For Me personally George, I am free from fear.

1john4:18... there is no fear in Love, but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in Love.

Rom. 8:15...For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave to fear,but you received the Spirit of Sonship and by Him we cry "Abba Father".

Deut.5:5...Do not be afraid of them;the Lord your God Himself will fight for you.

Psalm 118:6...The Lord is with me. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?

Matt 14:27..But Jesus immediately said to them,"Take courage! It is I. Do not be afraid".

Isaiah 12:2..... Surely God is my salvation. I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord is my strength and my song! He has become my salvation.

Jesus gives me courage, peace, a little boldness, because I was so timid . And most of all, He gives me His powerful Love that takes away my fear from evil in this world. I Thank my Lord Jesus for
Loving me so much and allowing me to know the truth. God is for me , who can be against me.
It's so amazing, I am so greatful. 🙏🏼 Peace and Love.     Pamela

You have quoted brilliant Scriptures.

To be free from fear (and bondage) is great, wonderful and beautiful.

Warmest Regards.

George.

Porter

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 03:09:30 PM »

Sounds good George and Pamela. Can't say I'm completely free from any of those you mentioned just yet, but one thing I feel I've been freed from more than anything is from those who impose their self righteousness and judgment on me. It's like if I'm not doing it their way and believe the way they do then I'm wrong. I thank God He did not come to save the righteous, but sinners like me. :)
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 05:23:37 PM »

This morning I was reading an article that says most Christians don't know or believe they are
Free from the law of the OT , covenant, because it is not preached to them.

Gods Elect  know for certain that they are FREE from this law, right and follow Jesus and the NT.

Acts 15:10...The law is an unbearable yoke
1Corth. 15:56... The sting of death is sin and the power of sin is the law
Rom.5:20 Now the law came in to increase the trespass. But where sin increased, grace abounded
All the more.

Could someone please explain what that last scripture means, I have an idea but not sure 🤔
Thankyou. God Bless.  🙏🏼 Pamela

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 12:16:57 PM »

Hi Pamela,
Hope I'm understanding this correctly...
Paul says in Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, thou shalt not covet.

Before the law the people were not aware their actions we're sinful, but once the law was established their sin was brought into the light, and thus increased the knowledge of sin.

Romans 5:21 That as sin has reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.
What a wonderfull provision God has blessed us with, through his loving  and merciful sacrifice.

Wanda
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 01:21:48 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Joel

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 12:36:31 AM »

A lot of freedom here;

2 Timothy 1:7-For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Joel

DEJI

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 01:33:26 AM »

"Rom.5:20 Now the law came in to increase the trespass. But where sin increased, grace abounded
All the more.
Could someone please explain what that last scripture means, I have an idea but not sure 🤔
Thankyou. God Bless"

Hi Pamela, I think what it means is that man can't be too deep in sin to be out of the reach of God's saving grace. The grace of God is so amazing that it will save the most wretched of sinners. That is no excuse to continue in sin though so Paul went on to say in Roman 6:1 "
What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?"

I hope that helps Pamela.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 01:03:03 PM »

Thankyou all so much
Of course, how could they know they were sinning if they didn't know what sin was,thus the law and only by the
Grace of God are we saved from our sins for the wages are death. When I first found out that God will save All and raise All back to life , I was so excited I told my husband and grandson. Well of course they said " we might as well keep sinning then". At the time I was such a green horn I had no answer for them not to, I was stumped, I told them to take it up with God🤔.
I was pleasantly surprised though when my grandson told me the beast of Revelation was us, he does not read the Bible so I asked how he knew that, he said "Marilyn Manson" 😱 
God Bless all of you🙏🏼 Pamela
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 23 queries.