bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: stressed  (Read 3986 times)

virginiabm

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
stressed
« on: January 02, 2017, 08:04:50 AM »

My dear family, I am asking for prayer. I have been going through a hard time this past year. all of you know my history, with what I have been through the last five years, well now because of all this stress and worry I have had a nervous break down.
 I thought a had some kind of brain damage because I lost my ability to talk right, then I could not walk by myself, but I had all the necessary test done and there is nothing wrong with my brain. The Doctor suggested I see a Shrink.
 I need prayer my family. My son Bobby has not talked to me since Feb. and I haven't seen my four children, Feb. will be a year. I feel as if I am going crazy. I know God is able, He has kept me this far.
 I don't like new Medication, especially mind meds. I can't sleep and I eat way to much, all the wrong things. Please help me! Charles has been awesome. He cooks, he cleans, he helps me take a bath and he would feed me to if I let him. God has been good to me to put such a person in my life to take care of my needs. Please pray for Charles also. He needs strength to endure, because he is worried too. Thank you all for beinging here for me to reach out to. I thank God for all of you. I love you all very much.

Your sister in Christ Jesus,
            Virginia

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
Re: stressed
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 09:59:07 AM »

Rom 8:28 Now we are aware that God is working all together for the good of those who are loving God, who are called according to the purpose" (CLV)

Pro 3:5  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Easier said than done. I know because I try all day everyday to remember and live these words. But I fail much of the time.

Stress is one of my biggest enemies. Recently it has almost killed me several times with adrenal fatigue and kidney failure.

We both need try and let go and trust God.

My daughter had problems and her doctor got her hooked on medications. It took her years to get of the drugs. Finally:

Mic 7:6  For the son dishonoureth the father, the daughter riseth up against her mother, the daughter in law against her mother in law; a man's enemies are the men of his own house.

Mic 7:7  Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.

For some or all of us, it comes with the territory.

virginiabm

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 10:39:57 AM »

Thank you Dennis, I am trying so hard to let go and let God be in control, but all I can do is cry and beg for God to do something, like bring my children back in my life, but then again I ask myself if God brought Bobby back, could I look at him and ingnor the awful things he said to me, only God knows. I think I can and I know I want too, but time will tell when God brings him back.
 By the way Steven and Jamie are doing wonderful. Steven will be just two hours away in a few days in the same city as jamie. I have not seen Steven in three years, although we talk every other day.

Thank you for praying and the scriptures,
                    Virginia

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 11:16:54 AM »

If you are God's elect then you are being shaped. A better prayer is "God I pray it is Your will that ..."

All my three children have been totally alienated from their mother several times in their adult lives. She constantly tries to tell them how to live their lives and what to do. I don't know your circumstances but something drove your children away.

Perhaps you need to change and when you are certain the old you has died try and reconnect? But you have to wait until you have changed, else it will just start all over again, IMO.

cheekie3

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 11:46:01 AM »

Our Dear Virginia -

My dear family, I am asking for prayer. I have been going through a hard time this past year. all of you know my history, with what I have been through the last five years, well now because of all this stress and worry I have had a nervous break down.
 I thought a had some kind of brain damage because I lost my ability to talk right, then I could not walk by myself, but I had all the necessary test done and there is nothing wrong with my brain. The Doctor suggested I see a Shrink.
 I need prayer my family. My son Bobby has not talked to me since Feb. and I haven't seen my four children, Feb. will be a year. I feel as if I am going crazy. I know God is able, He has kept me this far.
 I don't like new Medication, especially mind meds. I can't sleep and I eat way to much, all the wrong things. Please help me! Charles has been awesome. He cooks, he cleans, he helps me take a bath and he would feed me to if I let him. God has been good to me to put such a person in my life to take care of my needs. Please pray for Charles also. He needs strength to endure, because he is worried too. Thank you all for beinging here for me to reach out to. I thank God for all of you. I love you all very much.

Your sister in Christ Jesus,
            Virginia

Our hearts go out to you.

I have sent you a Private Message about this - which I hope will help you at this time.

Warmest Regards.

George.

HoneyLamb56

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 12:48:51 PM »

My prayers go out for you; stress can do so much to one emotionally and physically; it has taken me circumstance and time to realize that even tho our problems may not be taken away, it is God that we must trust to rely on to get thru them; it is wonderful that He has given you a strong man to be there for you; will also pray for Charles to have continued strength.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 02:02:15 PM »

So sorry Virginia that you are still struggling. God is faithful and knows your limits. Perhaps you feel youve reached your limit or gone beyond them but God never leaves or forsakes those He has called and chosen according to His good pleasure. He is so very faithful to us, even if we can be so faithless to Him. Its because He knows and planned for our faithfulness to be dependant upon His mighty power to save.

You have and will continue to be in my prayers. Im always here if you need someone to talk with. It seems Dennis can relate to your struggle and I am grateful you have one who can.

The body of Christ is always here for you and more importantly the head, that is God, is directing this body to where it must need go.

Love you very much.

Sincerely,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

lostANDfound

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 02:28:34 PM »

Hi Virginia, I'm sorry to hear of your health struggles and heart-pain. I'm reading a book that Ray recommended at one point and it's very good at showing how we must fail over and over as part of the process of forming us into the very image of God. We have to realize what we are and we can't do that as long as it seems like our efforts are achieving Gods fruits in us. I find it very comforting to know that it's not supposed to be one clean cruise to sonship. It's a bumpy ride by design. Just as day and night alternate, so too do our experiences of closeness and distance to the light of God. Only as we can bear the light so we receive it. We are THAT weak. You are not alone. Let's praise God for Charles and for the work He is doing in you, His precious daughter.  Praying for rest from your cares, soon.
Learning, learning.  Ever so slowly.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 04:37:42 PM »

Oh Virginia, with tears I write. My experience was much like yours. I too, had a breakdown, to the point where I secretly spent three days digging my own grave in the back yard. I was ready to leave because I didn't know what was happening to me. Like you I ended up in The hospital, and taking medication I have never needed before, sleeping pills and seeing a mental health person.
For you it is your son, for me, my daughter. I remember one day standing outside, shovel in hand
crying, I hated this world. There began my walk with God. All I could hear was, you were always the strong one, don't give up, what about your children, remember your children. I thought, OMG
My children, this would devastate them, they need me.And my poor husband, like Charles, was terrified. He rocked my eighty pound body like a baby curled in his arms every night. I was paralyzed. Things did change Virginia, ever so slowly, I began to talk to God and a little bit of light shone every day, I even began to write God, I did not know how to read the bible, but lo and behold, I began and  little by little I felt better, I hade hope, I felt so much Love. There were good days and very bad days, but I knew I could not give up because above everything else, God loves me and he love my kids. I started to think about Abraham and how he gave over his son to God
So I gave my kids to God, I said" Lord, they are better of with you and I trust you". I felt a weight
 lifted  from me. I had to let go and let God. Things are much better knowing God is in control
Of everything. I know your pain. Don't give up, God loves you Virginia and so does your family at BT.
For God so loved the world (and you) that He gave His only begotten Son , that whoever
believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. (John 3:16

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good, to those who love God, to
those who are called according to His purpose.  (Rom. 8:28.

God Bless You 🙏🏼 Pamela.  I am praying for you.
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

John from Kentucky

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 05:00:37 PM »

Virginia,

If the absence of your children has caused you this much pain and sorrow, then they have become a god to you.

If God is working with you, then He will not allow any gods to come before Him.

We cannot control ourselves.  Much less can we control others.

Remember Jesus at the time of His great trial when His sweat was like big drops of blood because He was under such awful stress.

He prayed the one and only prayer that God ever answers.  "Your will be done".  The Father's will is the only thing that is ever done.

I remember when I was young I lost my children in a divorce.  I was heartbroken.  But God later returned them to me.  I now even have a little 6 month old grandson.

Trust in God with your whole heart.  Pray that His will be done.  Only Jesus can save you and heal your broken heart and spirit.  God will not let you down.  May His Peace be with you.

John

virginiabm

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 06:45:28 PM »

I want to thank each and everyone of you for your encouragement and prayers, it means alot to me. I know some think I pushed Bobby away, but I didn't. Bobby and his sister Saprina can't get along and both of them were coming to visit us on the same day, Saprina ask Bobby could his son stay overnight with her son and she would bring him back with her when they came the next day, well Bobby acted like he did not want him to stay and that sent Saprina reeling. I tried to stay out of it beause this has happened before and I knew it would cause exactly what it caused.
 Bobby thought that I took Saprina's side, which I didn't. Bobby would not talk to me about it. I actually took his side, because of what he had already went through with his children. I tried to defend Bobby's actions to Saprina. What he has put me through because of what he thinks I did and then he want talk to me just overwhelmed me.
I don't love my children more than God, because God is the only one who can help me and I reach out to him daily. I know He is there for me, but He has put people like you in my life to reach out to also and I thank you again for the prayers.

PS. I just thought I needed to update you on things.

I love you all very much.
       Virginia

jingle52

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2017, 12:48:08 PM »

Hope things work out between you and your children Virginia, may God answer your prayers according to His Will.

Jingle

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2017, 01:32:36 PM »

Dear Virginia:

I am praying for your spiritual needs to be completely met in Jesus, as well as for Charles. You are MORE than a conqueror through Jesus who loves you (Romans 8:37).

The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing (Zephaniah 3:17)    :)

Dean   

lauriellen

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2017, 10:51:35 PM »

I am very sorry for all the pain and sorrow you are having to endure. I don't have any words of wisdom to share, only that you are in my thoughts and prayers. ❤️
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.