bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: John 19:34 Water and Blood  (Read 5264 times)

cheekie3

John 19:34 Water and Blood
« on: January 02, 2017, 06:09:11 PM »

Alex -

I will be most grateful if you would confirm if medically speaking, this Scriptural verse is true:

John 19:34 (KJV)
but one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.

Thank you.

Kind Regards.

George

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: John 19:34 Water and Blood
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 07:20:16 PM »

Alex -

I will be most grateful if you would confirm if medically speaking, this Scriptural verse is true:

but one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.

Thank you.

Kind Regards.

George

Hi George,

There was a long time ago a show on history or discovery channel that showed all the medical facts surrounding the death of Jesus. I could not find it on youtube but I do remember them discussing whether it is scientifically possible to sweat blood, and what exactly was the blood and water, etc...

Well I did find this.

Here is a trauma surgeon discussing exactly the question asked. I didn't pay very much attention to his theology so I can't really speak to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpCtTN63SsU

The part regarding the spear begins at 3:57.

I don't see why you would question its authenticity unless you believe it to be spurious? If I recall correctly, it is not listed in the spurious passages so I don't find reason to doubt it. A second witness is Matthew 27

Mat 27:48 And immediately one from among them, running and getting a sponge, filling it with vinegar and sticking it on a reed, gave Him a drink."
Mat 27:49 Yet the rest said, "Let be! We may see if Elijah is coming, and saving him.Now another, getting a lance head, pierces His side, and out came water and blood."
Mat 27:50 Now Jesus, again crying with a loud voice, lets out the spirit."

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 07:30:37 PM »

I don't see the problem? If a spear cuts into a bladder there is going to be blood and water.

cheekie3

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 03:42:32 AM »

Alex -

Thank you for taking the time to find this video, and to Post the below:

Alex -

Thank you.

Kind Regards.

George

Hi George,

There was a long time ago a show on history or discovery channel that showed all the medical facts surrounding the death of Jesus. I could not find it on youtube but I do remember them discussing whether it is scientifically possible to sweat blood, and what exactly was the blood and water, etc...

Well I did find this.

Here is a trauma surgeon discussing exactly the question asked. I didn't pay very much attention to his theology so I can't really speak to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpCtTN63SsU

The part regarding the spear begins at 3:57.

I don't see why you would question its authenticity unless you believe it to be spurious? If I recall correctly, it is not listed in the spurious passages so I don't find reason to doubt it. A second witness is Matthew 27

Mat 27:48 And immediately one from among them, running and getting a sponge, filling it with vinegar and sticking it on a reed, gave Him a drink."
Mat 27:49 Yet the rest said, "Let be! We may see if Elijah is coming, and saving him.Now another, getting a lance head, pierces His side, and out came water and blood."
Mat 27:50 Now Jesus, again crying with a loud voice, lets out the spirit."

God bless,
Alex

I believe these Scriptures are authentic.

I was focusing on the reason why 'water' was mentioned.

This is very helpful to me.

Warmest Regards.

George

cheekie3

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 03:44:37 AM »

Dennis -

Thank you for pointing this out about his bladder:

I don't see the problem? If a spear cuts into a bladder there is going to be blood and water.

I did not connect the side being pierced with the bladder.

Warmest Regards.

George

cheekie3

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 05:32:18 AM »

All -

I found this very interesting; especially around 46 minutes when the spear piercing His side is discussed - in that the water could have come from the surrounding sack of His heart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4ok6P11XJI

For those that may want to understand a little more of what He sufferred on the stake, this covers every aspect of His suffering.

Warmest Regards.

George

sansmile

• my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 05:22:55 PM »

HI,
Blood separates into red blood cells and plasma, -plasma is the clear part of the fluid. Hope this helps
Walk in the Spirit

cheekie3

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 03:21:13 AM »

Sandie -

Thank you for Posting this:

HI,
Blood separates into red blood cells and plasma, -plasma is the clear part of the fluid. Hope this helps

It does help.

Warmest Regards.

George

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 24 queries.