bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange situation  (Read 5434 times)

pg-91

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Strange situation
« on: January 06, 2017, 08:51:02 AM »

I don't know if you have experienced something like this, but I could sum up my situation now in this way, I absolutely can't imagine living without God.(and things like leave this forum,don't read the Bible,don't pray) Even the thought itself frightens me. I understand and believe that nothing makes sense without God. On the other hand I have "problems" with the concept of loving God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength. As I said in an earlier post my brother died in cancer at 15 and one of my classmate at 17. This is enough to be depressed + I also have regrets regarding them, which makes it even more difficult.

My parents also had a difficult life so far, and now they are seeing me suffering with depression and OCD, and basically seeing that at 25 I'm without any motivation. I've tried to speak about the truths I've read here with my mother, but she is quite ignorant which I can understand after so many tragedies in her life, plus seeing me suffering with knowing these truths and studying the Bible etc.. She says it doesn't help me either. I know obedience is part of the love towards God, and I'm failing in some areas quite regularly. I really don't know what should I hope for in this life, because I can't even lead a normal life with these illnesses.

I'm wondering for you what it means to love God, when and how you experience it and things like these. I've read many topics here from people who also suffered much, I'm very interested on their opinions also.

Thank you, Gyula

cheekie3

Re: Strange situation
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 11:40:41 AM »

Gyula -

Thank youfor sharing this with us:

I don't know if you have experienced something like this, but I could sum up my situation now in this way, I absolutely can't imagine living without God.(and things like leave this forum,don't read the Bible,don't pray) Even the thought itself frightens me. I understand and believe that nothing makes sense without God. On the other hand I have "problems" with the concept of loving God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength. As I said in an earlier post my brother died in cancer at 15 and one of my classmate at 17. This is enough to be depressed + I also have regrets regarding them, which makes it even more difficult.

My parents also had a difficult life so far, and now they are seeing me suffering with depression and OCD, and basically seeing that at 25 I'm without any motivation. I've tried to speak about the truths I've read here with my mother, but she is quite ignorant which I can understand after so many tragedies in her life, plus seeing me suffering with knowing these truths and studying the Bible etc.. She says it doesn't help me either. I know obedience is part of the love towards God, and I'm failing in some areas quite regularly. I really don't know what should I hope for in this life, because I can't even lead a normal life with these illnesses.

I'm wondering for you what it means to love God, when and how you experience it and things like these. I've read many topics here from people who also suffered much, I'm very interested on their opinions also.

Thank you, Gyula

I am sure we have all had very similar issues with how we should live and behave, and how we interact with our flesh and blood families.

I will try to respond to your points as best as I can, and draw from my own experience if required.

When He drags a member of His Elect to Himself, it really is a new beginning, a new birth, and His Elect have to learn new things and have to live differently.

The Scriptures describe (for us in this Age of Grace), the state or status, of His Elect, and those that are not His Own. His Elect are 'Alive in Him by His Holy Spirit', and the others are all dead 'in their sins and trespasses'. And just like a blind man cannot see, nor can the dead understand the things of 'Life'.

When He stopped me dead in my tracks, and He started Revealing things to me, I told my then fiancee (now my wife), this is real, I am not going back under any circumstances.

There is no 'Life' without Our Heavenly Father, as He sustains all of His Creation, both the physical (or natural) and the spiritual (or supernatural).

His Elect need to read and understand 'His Word' as written down in The Holy Scriptures, in order to confirm that what He Reveals to His Elect are 'In His Word' - as 'He and His Word are One'.

This should not frighten you, as what you are describing is 'The Fear of The Lord, is the beginning of knowledge and the beginning of Wisdom'.

Fear has torment, because it is of the evil one - but 'His Love casteth out fear'.

Off course nothing makes sense without God.

Try telling an atheist that it takes more faith to believe in evolution than it does to believe in a Creator: and see what garbage and venom they throw back tat you.

We all have problems and difficulties in understanding 'His Word'. That is why we are all here on this Forum, to learn more and more of 'His Truths'.

Ray often said of himself, 'I am like a bulldog', 'I keep asking Him to show me', 'I know you have the answer in Your Word, so show me'.

No one can truly Love Him with all their heart, mind, soul and strength, unless He Graces them with His Holy Spirit, whereby they are then able to cry 'Abba Father'.

Knowing that He is The Father of All, is the start of the journey of His Elect: and His Elect can only Love Him with all that they are, by His Holy Spirit.

My wife lost her mother when she was 41, her sister when she was 29, her brother when he was 51, and her father when he was 90. She is the last one left of her family, and has a neice and a nephew. None of her family knew Him like she does, albeit most went to a traditional Church, and said they loved God.

How long anyone of us lives is not determined by man, but by Our Heavenly Father.

I am sorry that you lost your brother to cancer, and also one of your classmates. It is an unpleasant way to die. They are now both at peace, and their 'spirits' are with Our Heavenly Father.

Depression can be looked at in many different ways. One of my sisters and I have a common statement we use, that may offend some people, in that we say 'I do not do depression'. What we mean is, that life is hard, and we all have problems and suffering; and we should just get on with it. I mean what caring loving mother or father stays depressed when they have a family to look after. I know this sounds harsh and may offend you, and some people, but to me 'depression' looks at 'self' while looking after the needs of your family 'looks at your neighbour to do them good and serve them'.

My parents raised seven children, and at times did not have food for all of us to eat, and sometimes, they would not eat, so that their children would eat. There were many times my mother and father were in tears because of their lack, their fatigue, their unhappiness, and probably their depression - but it did not stop them from looking after all of us, and providing our daily needs.

I am not a Doctor, and I know people suffer from depression and OCD, like yourself.

All I can share with you, is what I have learnt from 'His Word' as Revealed to me by 'His Holy Spirit':

2 Corinthians 10:5 (KJV):
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;.

Hebrews 4:12 (KJV):
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

This may assist you in your current state of depression and OCD; as He comforts us at all times:

2 Corinthians 7:6 (KJV):
Nevertheless God, that comforteth those that are cast down, comforted us by the coming of Titus;

It may be a good idea if you focused your thoughts on Matthew 5-8 (KJV):

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matt+5+-+8&version=KJV

Our Heavenly Father looks at the desires of our hearts. Perhaps, you need to focus on what desires you have in your heart, as it appears that they are to 'Please Him and Obey His Commandments'.

I sometimes say to 'Him', what have you got for me today 'Father', as you promised to bring us to 'All Truth'; and this motivates me when I may, perhaps, not want to get out of bed.

Most will either be unable to understand 'His Truths', or unwilling. This is why we must instead live our lives as 'Living Witnesses', so those that know us, can see how we have changed, and no longer do the things we previously desired to do.

His Elect are Granted 'His Love, His Joy, and His Peace' when He indwells them by 'His Holy Spirit'. There are numerous New Testament Scriptures that declare this to us and for us.

No one can 'Obey Him, and Do as He Commands', except they be indwelt by 'His Holt Spirit'.

If we fail, and if we fall, He will always pick us up - and He will always show us what 'real success' and 'real failure' is.

Saul thought he was a success - but He changed Saul into Paul in a moment, and made Paul a giant amongst men, Revealing to Paul the deep things of God 'By His Holy Spirit'.

This is what we should all hope for:

Romans 15:13 (KJV):
Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

1 Corinthians 13:7
Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

1 Corinthians 13:13 (KJV):
And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
1 Corinthians 15:19 (KJV):
If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

Colossians 1:27 (KJV):
To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

The Elects' lives are no longer normal, as they are 'His Peculiar People', and 'His True Congregation of Called Out Ones'.

He judges His Elect now through suffering for His Righteousness sake, for doing what is right, by doing 'His Works through His Elect': and that is how He chasteneth His Sons and Daughters in His Love.

I hope this helps you a little.

Warmest Regards.

George

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 04:02:45 PM »

Hello Gyula,
What it means to Love God. You answered your own question Gyula, you said" I absolutely can't imagine living without God". I know that's how I feel. It is a yearning, a longing, a tugging on your heart, like missing someone you love dearly, ten fold. He's on your mind through daylight and darkness, and you do not want to disappoint Him, and you don't. Millions of people suffer with some form of depression Gyula, some are very extreme and some mild. I bet there aren't too many families out there that don't have someone who suffers this affliction and many other afflictions
All from God and all for our own good and all for His Grand Purpose. I believe The Lord weeps with us
When He sees us hurting, but I also believe He laughs with us too. He sees you, He hears you and
He surely Loves you. I am so sorry about your brother and friend. Your not alone in your suffering
We all suffer together. God has a purpose for your pain, a reason for your struggles and a gift for
Your faithfulness. Trust in Gods timing, He knows all.   God Bless You Gyula🙏🏼 Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 12:19:52 AM »

Dear Gyula:

In my various health problems and experiences, loving God means to submit to His Word and His will, which is a great and wonderful blessing. Part of it is standing firm in the faith; part of it is worship; part of it is joy and intimacy with Him. Keep in mind that we are also in this spiritual war against both the demonic world and the Beast within (Revelation 12:7 and Revelation 19:11). It's a complex journey that He has ordained.

"Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.
No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord" (Isaiah 54:16-17).

"And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not..." (Luke 22:31-32). Is this verse describing your experiences fairly well?

We have various weapons formed against us in the natural realm (Job), and the spiritual realm (doubt, worry, idolatry), but none of them shall prosper! Even when it's our appointed time to die, it is described as a blessing (Ecclesiastes 7:1 and Philippians 1:23). Either way, we cannot lose.

Acts Chapter 2 is a great chapter about His joy when the Spirit of Jesus came upon the disciples at Pentecost. The unbelievers thought the apostles were all drunk! Peter corrects them, several times.

I pray that if it be His will, that God would draw you closer to Him, and that you would stand firm on all His promises as His dearly beloved. Ask Him for that intimacy of being "hid in Christ and God" (Colossians 3:3 and Ephesians 3:9). I also recommend reading the 8 chapters of the Song of Solomon to get an idea. We are His special people (1 Peter 2:9)!

Jesus Bless!  :)

Dean

pg-91

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 07:47:52 AM »

Dear Pamela, George and Dean!

Thank you very much for your very detailed answers,examples, quoted and recommended Scriptures and advice! I really very much appreciate it. All of the answers are very helpful to me!

I also wanted to raise another question in the original post,
The King of Assyria is being punished because he is claiming to possess FREEDOM OF HIS OWN WILL. He claimed that he came up with the ideas, he made the plans, he carried them out, he reaped the rewards, he took credit for being someone great, etc., etc., when in reality God tells us it was all of Him, and that the king was merely a club in God’s hand.
This a quote from the LOF 15-C.

I would like to ask you about this, what if these things happen in the other way around, so for example I'm thinking along these lines a lot of times, that if I haven't done this or that, it would be so much better now, so in a way I take "credit" for being in such a desperate state now. I understand that man doesn't have free will, but it seems I can't apply it in my thinking or live it.

Best regards, Gyula

cheekie3

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 10:41:24 AM »

Gyula -

Thank you for sharing this; and I note your additional question:

Dear Pamela, George and Dean!

Thank you very much for your very detailed answers,examples, quoted and recommended Scriptures and advice! I really very much appreciate it. All of the answers are very helpful to me!

I also wanted to raise another question in the original post,
The King of Assyria is being punished because he is claiming to possess FREEDOM OF HIS OWN WILL. He claimed that he came up with the ideas, he made the plans, he carried them out, he reaped the rewards, he took credit for being someone great, etc., etc., when in reality God tells us it was all of Him, and that the king was merely a club in God’s hand.
This a quote from the LOF 15-C.

I would like to ask you about this, what if these things happen in the other way around, so for example I'm thinking along these lines a lot of times, that if I haven't done this or that, it would be so much better now, so in a way I take "credit" for being in such a desperate state now. I understand that man doesn't have free will, but it seems I can't apply it in my thinking or live it.

Best regards, Gyula

The Scriptures confirm that He prepares the steps of a Righteous man, and also the steps of all mankind; and also, although we may plan what we want to do, ultimately, it is 'Only what He Wills' that will come to pass.

From the time we are Graced with Life in the womb, He has prepared every minute detail that we should all uniquely experience and live in. This includes 'the desires of our hearts', 'the thoughts that come into our minds', 'what we say' and 'what we do'.

I know it sounds as if we are bystanders, but we are not - it is we that are doing all these things, thinking these things, saying these things, feeling these things.

With some, in this Age of Grace, He drags out to Himself as His Elect.

His Elect are then judged (chastened) by Our Heavenly Father - and He writes His Laws in their hearts and in the minds - and Gives (Graces them) with His Holy Spirit - so that they start to learn of 'His Laws' and 'His Commandments' and 'be able to do them'.

He is totally responsible for all that He puts each of us through. We have no say in the matter. It is an act of Love from Our Heavenly Father, in the same way all natural parents try to bring up their children to know and do Good. The difference is that 'Our Heavenly Father' does not make any mistakes, and is a Master at what He does, and He will finish what He started and make all His Children Holy like Himself.

I sometimes look back and think what a waste of time that was on something specific.

But the opposite is true, as He does not cut corners, and when He Refines us in His Fire, it is very painful and there is no way out, but to go through His Fiery Furnace - as it is the only way to build His 'Fruit' 'in us' - to be like Him.

There is nothing that happens that is by accident, or a mistake. It is all absolutely Perfect 'By His Design'.

Rather than question yourself, ask Him why that happened to you or someone else - and wait patiently for Him to Reveal to you, why it did happen - as His Timing (like everything else He does) is Perfect.

I hope this helps you a little.

Warmest Regards.

George

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 01:17:58 PM »

Hello Gyula
Hope you are well. George is spot on.
You are exactly where God wants you to be and you may think( what if this or what if that)
but it's  hypothetical , you can't go back so just keep looking forward, you are the son of a King.👑
Imagine that.  God Bless You 🙏🏼Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 02:25:23 PM »

I was listening to The audio how hard is it to get saved and
Ray says there we have to die and who wants to die.

Of course this is unpleasant to go through and will be different circumstances that we each go through. Your title says strange situation maybe a better way to see it is God's situation for you and to keep seeking Him and His truth and in time He will show you.

Even in my time in hospital and I ask why am I going through this. I don't know why it must be this thing I am suffering from but I see that a part of me dies and I desire the spiritual more than the physical.

Rhys
🤫

pg-91

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 02:31:32 PM »

Thank you Pamela and George for encouragement!

Unfortunately I am not well at all, it's really a very difficult time for me. I understand that it doesn't help when I'm looking back on the past and would be much better to focus on Jesus and his promises. I can't say I do too well on these things. It's surely a very painful experience, I hope it's part of the chastening and judging from God. But as I read in a lot of threads in this forum, only God knows who are His Elect. I'm wondering how people who suffer from similar things like me and are not believers, see these things? I guess they are not thinking about God at these times, or about things like everyone has to experience good and evil. I have to trust God more and be obedient for sure, I hope He will give His strength for that.

Best regards, Gyula

pg-91

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 02:44:02 PM »

Thank you for your thoughts, Rhys!

It's interesting that both you and George said that: ask God why you are going through this and wait for Him to reveal things. I have maybe a completely wrong approach then, I'm usually asking myself what should I have done otherwise, not to feel this bad. I couldn't say my bad periods are always connected with failing or sinning, but that's my method in other cases too.

I hope now you're doing well, Rhys.

Gyula

cheekie3

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 04:45:16 PM »

Gyula -

Thank you for sharing this with us:

Thank you Pamela and George for encouragement!

Unfortunately I am not well at all, it's really a very difficult time for me. I understand that it doesn't help when I'm looking back on the past and would be much better to focus on Jesus and his promises. I can't say I do too well on these things. It's surely a very painful experience, I hope it's part of the chastening and judging from God. But as I read in a lot of threads in this forum, only God knows who are His Elect. I'm wondering how people who suffer from similar things like me and are not believers, see these things? I guess they are not thinking about God at these times, or about things like everyone has to experience good and evil. I have to trust God more and be obedient for sure, I hope He will give His strength for that.

Best regards, Gyula

I am sorry to hear that you are not very well; and He will never leave you nor forsake you.

I do not believe that if anyone suffers in life that it is wasted, whether they are one of His Elect or not - as ultimately, we must all be refined in Fire.

May He completely heal you and continue Gracing you with His Blessings.

Warmest Regards.

George

jingle52

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 12:35:35 PM »

Hi Gyula, Sorry to hear of your situation. May the God of glory hear your prayers and see your anguish, and may He give you of His stregnth to take each day as it comes with the knowledge that you are seeking Him daily. Love never fails and in His own time He will see you through and draw you closer to Him. He is ever faithful.

Jingle

pg-91

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 03:39:33 PM »

Dear Jingle and George!

Thank you very much for your comforting words and good wishes!

Gyula

HoneyLamb56

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2017, 09:10:33 AM »

Gyula:  I, too can appreciate what you're going thru; we are blessed to have BT support;  when reading the book of Job and what he went thru gives me a better perspective of life and faith; when feeling isolated I think of John's imprisonment on the Isle of Patmos and what God accomplished thru him.  Hopefully, this can help you when talking to God about revealing to you the "why" and getting you thru your circumstance.

Diane
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.