bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank you Dennis Vogel  (Read 18494 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Thank you Dennis Vogel
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2017, 01:55:35 PM »

I'm still a long way from feeling normal. Yesterday I had some bread which knocked me out of ketosis (no sugar or carbs) and I feel dizzy and sick to my stomach today because of it. It's not easy going carb free. It's hard to find something to eat. But at least I know what not to do.

Thank you for your prayers.

Why are you trying to enter a ketotic state? That's pre starvation and leads to ketoacidosis, a life threatening condition. Ask diabetics.

It's not the same as medical ketosis. It's a ketogenic diet. It's very safe for only a few months. But some people have been on it for years with no problems. Ray was on it and it made his diabetes go away.

I register at number 5 out of these 7 in ketosis.

Eskimo's ate nothing but seals, fish and blubber and did fine on it. They had zero sugar or carbs.

According to a quick google search, Eskimo's ate carbs in the form of biscuits, rye flour, potatoes, and rice.

First search link hit; http://openheart.bmj.com/content/3/2/e000444.full (paragraph 3 for my information).

I think its a bit of a myth to believe they ate no carbs. The human body requires carbs, its the main fuel source for the brain and many other cell types in the body. Hypoglycemia causes the body to enter starvation mode which after a week or two leads to death. Hypoglycemia causes many organ dysfunctions including ph imbalance which is a death sentence to the body's cells and enzymes operating under very tightly controlled ph of ~7.4

1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2017, 02:00:08 PM »

Wikipedia on Inuit eskimo's, under Nutrition section;

Because the climate of the Arctic is ill-suited for agriculture and lacks forageable plant matter for much of the year, the traditional Inuit diet is lower in carbohydrates and higher in fat and animal protein compared to the global average. When carbohydrate intake is inadequate for total energy requirements, protein is broken down in the liver through gluconeogenesis and utilized as an energy source. Inuit studied in the 1970s were found to have abnormally large livers, presumably to assist in this process. Their urine volumes were also high, a result of additional urea which the body uses to purge waste products from gluconeogenesis.[9] However, in multiple studies the traditional Inuit diet has not been shown to be a ketogenic diet.[10][11][12][13] Not only have multiple researchers been unable to detect any evidence of ketosis resulting from the traditional Inuit Diet, but the ratios of fatty-acid to glucose were observed to be well below the generally accepted level of ketogenesis.[10][11][12][13]

Inuit actually consume more carbohydrates than most nutritionists have assumed.[14] Because Inuit frequently eat their meat raw and fresh, or freshly frozen, they can obtain more carbohydrates from their meat, as dietary glycogen, than Westerners can.[14][15] The Inuit practice of preserving a whole seal or bird carcass under an intact whole skin with a thick layer of blubber also permits some proteins to ferment, or hydrolyze, into carbohydrates.[14] Furthermore, the blubber, organs, muscle and skin of the marine mammals that Inuit eat have significant glycogen stores, which assist those animals when oxygen is depleted on prolonged dives.[16][17][18] For instance, when blubber is analyzed by direct carbohydrate measurements, it has been shown to contain as much as 8—30% carbohydrates.[17] While postmortem glycogen levels are often depleted through the onset of rigor mortis, marine mammals have a much delayed onset of rigor mortis, even in warm conditions, presumably due to the high content of oxymyoglobin in the muscle that may permit aerobic metabolism to continue slowly for some time after the death of the animal.[17][19] Additionally, in cold conditions, glycogen's depletion is halted at -18 °C (-0.4 °F) and lower temperatures in comminuted meat.[20][21]

Traditional Inuit diets derive approximately 50% of their calories from fat, 30–35% from protein and 15–20% of their calories from carbohydrates, largely in the form of glycogen from the raw meat they consumed.[22][23] This high fat content provides valuable energy and prevents protein poisoning, which historically was sometimes a problem in late winter when game animals grew lean through winter starvation. It has been suggested that because the fats of the Inuit's wild-caught game are largely monounsaturated and rich in omega-3 fatty acids, the diet does not pose the same health risks as a typical Western high-fat diet.[24] However, actual evidence has shown that Inuit have a similar prevalence of coronary artery disease as non-Inuit populations and they have excessive mortality due to cerebrovascular strokes, with twice the risk to that of the North American population.[25][26] Indeed, the cardiovascular risk of this diet is so severe that the addition of a more standard American diet has reduced the incidence of mortality in Inuit population.[27] Furthermore, fish oil supplement studies have failed to support claims of preventing heart attacks or strokes.[28][29][30]

Src: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inuit_diet

Definitely a myth.

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 02:03:06 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2017, 04:26:53 PM »

In any event when I eat carbs now I get so sick I pray to die. So I don't really care.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-13134292

I know I felt a lot better the day after I stopped sugar and carbs (but I almost never ate sugar anyways).

I also found several papers on baking soda and kidney disease. It helps a little but I rarely use it.

Like I said Thursday was the first day in several months I felt I could get through a doctor's visit.

I don't want to die, but I do not want to live like this much longer either. It's not living. I'm trapped in my bedroom all the time and I am sick of this computer and my TV.

Still waiting for the doctor to get back with me on my lab results.

But thank you for your input.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2017, 04:31:07 PM »

Sorry to hear that Dennis and youre very welcome! Have you been checked for celiacs disease, glutten insensitivity?

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2017, 04:56:50 PM »

Waiting on the lab results.

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2017, 03:08:37 PM »

Dennis,
This is one of those times when words cannot express my enormous gratitude for all you've done and continue to do in getting God's truths out to the world. I've been blessed beyond messure! Thank you Dennis :D

I'm praying for your health to improve and for your strength to endure through this difficult time.
Wanda
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 08:40:02 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

acomplishedartis

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2017, 01:48:36 AM »

Hi Dennis, I hope you get better. Sorry to hear that...

Try to keep the spirits up!

octoberose

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2017, 03:14:39 AM »

Dennis, I'm so sorry you have been feeling poorly.  God obviously has work left for you to do here. ❤️
   There are many recipes  online for a ketogenic diet and there's  plenty of nutritious , good tasting recipes out there. Have you made bone broth yet?

DEJI

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2017, 06:10:42 PM »

May God heal you Dennis. I pray that the ketogenic diet helps repair your kidney.

Abednego

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2017, 11:02:19 PM »

Hope you get better soon Dennis. I hesitate to ever give opinions, because when people do their opinions are formed as viewed through their own experience. So all opinions are biased, as we've all had different experiences.

My wife has been sick for many years. We're finally coming close to the end (hopefully) and it's because of this test. https://www.gdx.net/product/one-fmv-nutritional-test-urine

My wife was actually starving for nutrition in certain areas, and the doctors couldn't figure it out because it wasn't showing in blood work. We finally met a doctor that suggested this, and when the test came back we couldn't believe how deficient she was in so many areas.

She's been researching for years, and we're coming to the conclusion that many medications can be avoided by proper diet and/or vitamins. I know a lot of people believe this, but I think it deserves more attention than anyone gives it.

Research has shown us that it isn't as simple as taking a one a day vitamin. Taking a certain vitamin or mineral may rely on another vitamin or mineral, and some levels have to be balanced correctly. Whoever makes the one a day is clueless in that regard.  I don't think anyone should be taking that.

That all being said, I'm also fully aware that this may be something God is doing in our lives and may be of no use to anyone else.
Dan 3:17  If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2017, 12:05:22 AM »

We learn from the Book of Job that Satan is the direct causal force over killing weather events and physical disease and lack of health.

There is no free will.

We do not control our spiritual salvation.

Likewise, we do not control our physical health, healing, or salvation.  Eating a handful of blueberries and wild hickory nuts will not bring physical health.

God is sovereign and rules in all things.  His will controls.  We cannot do this or that to cause anything.  If you shot yourself in the head, nothing would happen unless God willed it.

Jesus taught us that little birds do not die without the leave of the Father.  Likewise, nothing happens to man, especially God's Elect, without the leave of the Father.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2017, 10:18:18 AM »

May God heal you Dennis. I pray that the ketogenic diet helps repair your kidney.

Yesterday morning I went off the ketogenic diet and paid the price. I was okay for a few hours then got very sick and stayed sick late into last night.

I'm going to replace my doctor. It's been one week since I had my blood taken, etc. and they still have not gotten back to me with the results.

But I did get a copy of my blood work late yesterday afternoon and using Google I know I have kidney disease to some degree, but I do not know how bad it is.

I also know that I have become a diabetic and cannot tolerate any sugar. Ray went on a diet of zero sugar and almost zero carbs and it cured his diabetes in one year.

Eating a handful of blueberries and wild hickory nuts will not bring physical health.

I agree John, mostly. But not having any discipline about what you eat shows lack of self control (lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God).

1Pe 2:11  Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

I'll take all the prayers I can get. Thank you.

indianabob

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2017, 11:41:22 PM »

Friend Dennis,
Concerned to learn of your suffering.
Will be keeping you in my prayers and thoughts.
May God's will be accomplished as you deal with this challenge.

Bob Breyfogle

jingle52

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2017, 12:46:02 PM »

My thoughts and prayers are with you Dennis. May God guide you and give you strength to face every challenging day.

Jingle

Stacey

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2017, 04:17:39 AM »

Thank you Dennis for all your work and dedication. I hope you are feeling better.

"Eating a handful of blueberries and wild hickory nuts will not bring physical health."

It most certainly will if God intends for it to come about that way. However, thinking a little longer about what JFK said there my thinker came up with this,

Eating will not bring physical health. 

Reading will not bring mental health.

Studying will not bring knowledge or understanding.

Exercising will not bring physical health.

I think I will eat a box of doughnuts.

Peace out.
Stacey

dogcombat

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2017, 09:12:52 AM »

God Be With You Dennis.

Ches

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2017, 11:18:41 PM »

Stacey, you just gave my carnal mind an excuse to eat that carrot cake 🎂 I have been eying all night on my counter. 😀

You are in my prayers every night Dennis. Are you feeling any better? God Bless You 🙏🏼 Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2017, 07:43:24 AM »

You are in my prayers every night Dennis. Are you feeling any better? God Bless You 🙏🏼 Pamela

No, about the same. Still sick much of the time.

The list of things I can eat gets smaller by the day. Now salmon is bad for me because I need to limit my potassium.

Thank you for your prayers everyone. They mean a lot.

lareli

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2017, 05:16:57 PM »

Can you eat coconut oil? I've read that it's broken down into ketones and crosses the blood /brain barrier to provide fuel for brain cells.

I like coffee mixed with grass fed butter and organic virgin coconut oil.

Where can I find the YouTube videos you've been uploading, what username or channel are they under?

**nevermind. It's under bible-truths.... duhhh ::)

Be strong Dennis.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 05:34:15 PM by largeli »
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2017, 06:25:57 PM »

I eat coconut oil twice a day. It calms my stomach somewhat.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.