bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian TV Channels  (Read 6229 times)

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Christian TV Channels
« on: January 15, 2017, 04:59:06 AM »

Hard to believe in little New Zealand we now have 5 christian tv channels. After clicking through them I was wishing the tv remote was a gun, not sure whether to shoot myself or the tv but something needed to be shot  ???

After a few minutes of watching that I got saved 5 times, healed of countless diseases which I never new I had, joined 3 churches and donated $5000 to a bunch of people who I haven't a clue who they are or what they are on about.

Just thought I would share the joy of christian tv  :P

Rhys
🤫

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
Re: Christian TV Channels
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 10:02:46 AM »

I'm a ham radio operator and it isn't any better on the shortwave radio frequencies either.  About 1/3rd of the broadcast shortwave stations are religious in one flavor or another and they trend from the sublime to the ridiculous.  If you want Catholic mass you can get it on radio, if you want charismatic twitching with thrills and chills you can get it on radio, if you want to listen to the 'last days prophet of God' out of the Florida megastation you can get that as well [Brother Stair for the uninitiated....don't know how he pays for all the airtime] and if you want the Islamic wailing [I swear none of those guys can carry a tune in a wheelbarrow...all sounds like gears grinding to me] there is plenty of that as well.  Babylon certainly has many daughters for sure!!

Porter

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 11:01:06 AM »

Hehe funny stuff guys. I was watching the science channel yesterday and I had to double check it wasn't Christian programing because they used the word hell and hellish about 24 times to describe how hot certain planets were and used it 2 more times to describe two planets that were extremely cold, thereby creating a brand new hell I never heard of ??? . I couldn't take it anymore so I finally switched it off after 26 uses of the word lol.

I don't know why, but it really got to me for some reason this time. Maybe because it's one of my favorite channels and hearing the word hell to describe the extreme environments on other planets made me think they really need a new writer with a better imagination.

So cool your into ham radios Arion, I just bought myself a cheap one recently and now I wanna get a nice one with a proper antenna, please pray my wife says yes :D .

« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 11:09:44 AM by Porter »
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 01:24:58 PM »

We are only a dash from the womb to the tomb, blaggh😝. I just  read that in our local newspaper article Spiritual Fullfillment. Every time I read this old pastors opinions I want to write a rebuttal to the editor . He never writes scripture but quotes from men and plugs for books, this one is called The Case for Christ.
To be children of Christ all we have to do is be willing to accept the gift of salvation.
This article is about how we need to choose either evolution or creation.
I heard of all of the older TV evangelicals, like B Graham, The Bakers,  and a few more but never watched any. I tried watching J Osteen a couple of times. I didn't know who Paula White or Creflo
Dollar. Or John Haggling Hagee was until I started reading Rays site. As a matter of fact, I had no idea of A Babylonian System until I started reading all of the threads here. I now know that I was in that system briefly, Catholic School,  not church, I guess I picked up the idols of it though, signing of the cross, their prayers, etc.  But you know what, when I retired and moved here, in the valley , seeing all my neighbours, going off to church on Sunday, it started to appeal to me.
We were new here so what better way to fit in,so I went three times with my friend and neighbour. The people were much older than I , very sweet , but the sermon was boring and no scripture, I think  the choir were all  embalmed and ready for burial, I wanted joy, joy, joy, I checked to see if icaabod was written outside, 😂 haha.seriously.I told my neighbours how I felt so the next SundayThey took me to another church,the pastor was a young woman,  very,nice. I had hope for this church. She even read a little scripture and one was in the form of a question like some of them are, anyway,can't remember which one as I was new to it.I raised my hand, Hahahahahahhah, if looks could kill. 👀I knew the answer and blurted
It out. I was so proud. The pastor said " well, if It sounds like  a question, i  guess I should expect an answer. " my neighbours never took me back to that church. I was becoming discouraged, so they tried one more and I told them , God's not in there either.God kept putting stumbling blocks in front of me. I was determined though, so I decided to join a bible
Study, ( with a bible I stole twenty or so years earlier from a hotel.) I repented for that. 🙏🏼I didn't think they would mind if I was reading it backwards, so I walked about four miles to the church on the day I knew they were there so that they couldn't run from me. Wouldn't you know it,
There were painters in there and bible study was cancelled.😟 And He sits in the Heavens and laughs. 😂Anyway, I ended up in a little cafe eating breakfast with two little old ladies whose
Husbands are Shepards here in the valley and heard stories of how each sheep know the voice of the Shepard.God turned my disappointment into joy. But then this happened.
Job 16:12.... I was at ease, but He hath broken me asunder, He hath also taken (me). by the neck
And shaken me to pieces, and set me up for the mark."  I was preparing to go back into a System
That would have eaten me alive. Thanks be to God, He dragged me to Him. I have been reading a lot of threads and I realized. Many of you had come out of this system with must hurt in your hearts, I had no idea what this evil system was and what it was doing, I got real angry yesterday
 About it and had to pray for answers. The only answer for me in all situations is All is of God. I have gone on too long, sometimes I just need to explain. God Bless You
I like those little doodads.  loving God is Awesome. Praise His Holy Name.
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

indianabob

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 03:17:16 PM »

Hi Pamela,

Enjoyed your journey into history, the trials and the "funny" parts.
Thanks for sharing what could be in the past for most of us on the forum.
For me it's all about knowing that in the end God wins. So I'm sticking with the winner.

Indiana Bob

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 05:53:17 PM »

Yes me to , I Bob
I can't  wait to see the tears of joy.
Can I ask a question about Israel and what's happening right now with over seventy countries
Wanting a two state solution  I just saw it on the news, and was wandering about Psalm 83 . Is there any connection ? Thanks

Rom. 8 15... For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons , by whom we cry, ABBA !FATHER!

Thanks for reminding me of that scripture in your message to me the other day.   🙏🏼Pamela

Stacey

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 03:32:41 AM »

Rhys you are now certainly saved, healthier and lighter on your feet. Congrats!

Stacey

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 05:36:00 AM »

Rhys you are now certainly saved, healthier and lighter on your feet. Congrats!

Thanks I feel super saved now and super spiritual 😂
🤫

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 12:53:04 PM »

I remember that feeling from the PTL days.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 06:27:30 PM »

Hahaha 😂 Rhys, that's funny.
There are videos on you tube now about the 144,000.
Apparently they are all  Virgin ,superhero followers of Christ, and have special superpowers. Oh and it is rumoured, they are all women and getting ready to leave. (Leave from where, I do not know) Haha so silly 😜       🙏🏼 Pamela

Supersaved, that's sounds like a new church sign, or is that Macdonalds 🍔🍟🤔

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 10:42:32 PM »

Hahaha 😂 Rhys, that's funny.
There are videos on you tube now about the 144,000.
Apparently they are all  Virgin ,superhero followers of Christ, and have special superpowers. Oh and it is rumoured, they are all women and getting ready to leave. (Leave from where, I do not know) Haha so silly 😜       🙏🏼 Pamela

Supersaved, that's sounds like a new church sign, or is that Macdonalds 🍔🍟🤔

Well that is the name of my church. It's called The McDonalds of the Supersaved.

Not only do you get super saved but also receive a free happy meal 🍔🍟 🍹

And it's the only place where our preacher truly is a clown 🤡
🤫

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 08:11:47 PM »

Heehee 😉. You are in the wrong church, there is nothing, free, happy, or good to eat there and the clowns dine on each other.

Hey, how do you pronounce your name, is it Rise, Rice or something else? Is it true that New Zealand doesn't have any of the creepy critters like Australia 🇦🇺. I'm having a bit of an off day.
Waiting is really hard, I have begun to ignore the cruelty in the world because it hurts me to the core. Am I becoming selfish or hard hearted, this worries me. I like to laugh and the forum has
A wealth of it, it helps a lot. You have a great sense of humour Rhys, Rice! Rise,. 😀 how is your stomach now? Hope you are feeling better. Stay away from that Mac Donald's church, that's probably why your stomach hurt, to many lies ....uh ...I mean fries 🍟. God Bless You my Friend 🙏🏼  Pamela

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2017, 11:14:17 PM »

Heehee 😉. You are in the wrong church, there is nothing, free, happy, or good to eat there and the clowns dine on each other.

Hey, how do you pronounce your name, is it Rise, Rice or something else? Is it true that New Zealand doesn't have any of the creepy critters like Australia 🇦🇺. I'm having a bit of an off day.
Waiting is really hard, I have begun to ignore the cruelty in the world because it hurts me to the core. Am I becoming selfish or hard hearted, this worries me. I like to laugh and the forum has
A wealth of it, it helps a lot. You have a great sense of humour Rhys, Rice! Rise,. 😀 how is your stomach now? Hope you are feeling better. Stay away from that Mac Donald's church, that's probably why your stomach hurt, to many lies ....uh ...I mean fries 🍟. God Bless You my Friend 🙏🏼  Pamela

It is Rhys like grease

The only critters here are only the Aussie's.

My stomach is good now which is very good as off to Taiwan to see my wife tomorrow.
🤫

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2017, 10:40:24 AM »

That's wonderful Rhys
Wishing you and your wife a safe and joyous time, 🙏🏼God Bless.      Pamela

indianabob

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2017, 04:19:32 PM »

Hi Pamela,

There are lots of opinions on Israel, but we don't discuss politics on the forum. So all I would venture is that we need to be patient and when the events happen we will be able to recognize them as having been prophesied from the past. In that way fulfillment of prophesy is able to reassure us of God's fore knowledge.
Indiana Bob

Yes me to , I Bob
I can't  wait to see the tears of joy.
Can I ask a question about Israel and what's happening right now with over seventy countries
Wanting a two state solution  I just saw it on the news, and was wandering about Psalm 83 . Is there any connection ? Thanks

Rom. 8 15... For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons , by whom we cry, ABBA !FATHER!

Thanks for reminding me of that scripture in your message to me the other day.   🙏🏼Pamela

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2017, 06:40:36 PM »

Thankyou  Sir for your reply, I hope you are well and God Bless . It's all so amazing.

Yes you are right , I have to pray for patience,

Rom. 8:28). And we know that God causes all things to work together for good, to those who love God( I love Him more than life) to those who are called according to His purpose.
 Amen, Thy Will Be Done 🙏🏼  Pamela
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.