bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: ARE HUMANS TO EAT MEAT?  (Read 8294 times)

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: ARE HUMANS TO EAT MEAT?
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2017, 07:05:35 PM »

Bob,
I can eat the Aunt Nellie's Baby Whole Pickled Beets from the jar like popcorn:), but usually limit them to 5 or 6.
The best beet juice I've found is, R.W. KNUDSEN, and I drink about a half cup per day, most every day. I've acquired a taste for the juice, didn't like it at all in the beginning.
Fresh beets, Not very creative. I sometimes cut them up to a bite size, put them in a salad bowl and add a little salad dressing and salt.
I have sliced them pretty thin and made a sandwich, with a little Mayo. My wife's response was, "YUCK"

Joel

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2017, 09:56:54 PM »

I have either loved or learned to love every vegetable I've tried, but I just can't do beets.  I don't like beets, and (sorry) I don't like people who like beets.  I'm sure they are probably wonderful to others (both beets and people who like beets), but I just do. not. get. it.  The look like crayolas and taste like dirt.  Yes, dirt...I know what dirt tastes like.

That is all.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2017, 01:11:44 AM »

Bob,
I can eat the Aunt Nellie's Baby Whole Pickled Beets from the jar like popcorn:), but usually limit them to 5 or 6.
The best beet juice I've found is, R.W. KNUDSEN, and I drink about a half cup per day, most every day. I've acquired a taste for the juice, didn't like it at all in the beginning.
Fresh beets, Not very creative. I sometimes cut them up to a bite size, put them in a salad bowl and add a little salad dressing and salt.
I have sliced them pretty thin and made a sandwich, with a little Mayo. My wife's response was, "YUCK"

Joel

Smart wife.

indianabob

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2017, 03:10:13 AM »

Laughing: thanks Joel,
I can appreciate that you love beets, but "everything in moderation" my motto is.
What is in beet juice that is beneficial? Is it mostly water or some nourishment as well?
I have found a grocery store locally that has wonderful red radishes all washed and trimmed for snacks.
Some are hotter than others in the same batch, but I can snack while watching TV and not eat so many crackers.
I have found that my addictions to munchies are more manageable if I have raw veggies to give my mouth some work to do rather than stuff that just slides right down without chewing.
Thanks for admitting that you have a smart wife. Yuck is very descriptive. Mine is like that as well.
Anyway here is this...for your edification and growth in wisdom.
http://www.naturallivingideas.com/beet-juice-benefits/

I bob

Joel

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2017, 08:43:15 AM »

Thanks for the link Bob,
I believe it was one similar that first sparked my interest in beets as a health aid.
Ginger Lemon Tea is another easy natural remedy that helps digestion problems, and when I use it before bedtime it helps me get to sleep faster.

Joel
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.