bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Notice  (Read 5233 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Notice
« on: January 26, 2017, 05:14:40 PM »

Time really flies. It was 2013 when we last updated this forum's software and we are way overdue.

So in a day or two I will update everything late at night here in the Central USA and hope it all goes well.

If this forum is down, know that we are working on it.

Musterseed

• God is Love
Re: Notice
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 05:30:21 PM »

Thank you Dennis,
Are you feeling better? I hope so.  I remember reading an Email someone sent to Ray telling him
He should shut down this site. Ray replied" Theres not enough power in this world to shut down this forum. 😀".  🙏🏼 God Bless You. Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 10:18:05 AM »

I'm running SMF 2.0.12 on my forum and all upgrades have been painless.  I just make sure I do a weekly backup of the data and especially before an upgrade.  Pretty sure it will be smooth sailing for you.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 11:26:24 AM »

I'm running SMF 2.0.12 on my forum and all upgrades have been painless.  I just make sure I do a weekly backup of the data and especially before an upgrade.  Pretty sure it will be smooth sailing for you.

The part that concerns me is they say I may need to do something on the server.

Do you use the patches?  http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Patching

I also backup the database about once a week.

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 05:35:56 PM »

Well, not familiar with your web host and/or if you have your own dedicated server or not.  With the web host I use I have the DirectAdmin control panel and doing the updates were a cinch.  The updates were pretty much automated and similar to adding various enhancements to the forum.  The enhancement/update is directly downloaded to the server and extracted and it notifies me if there are any problems with the files before I authorize the update.  Using the control panel the various patches that need to be done are taken care of during the process of the update.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 07:30:38 PM »

I know someone and I think I'll wait until I can get some help. It may be a week or so.

StevenL

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 05:16:17 AM »

Dennis or Dave

The revised website looks good. Next time you get in there to update, you've got a spelling error:

"Visit our YoutTube channel"

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 09:23:05 AM »

Fixed - Thanks

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 05:42:07 PM »

Just to note:  I have administrative web-forum super-powers, but nothing to do with the website.  That's all on Dennis. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 06:01:40 AM »

Just to note:  I have administrative web-forum super-powers, but nothing to do with the website.  That's all on Dennis.

I am super impressed by your super-powers of administration 😋

Use them wisely 😂
🤫

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 06:17:58 PM »

NOW you tell me!  ;)
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

StevenL

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 06:37:32 PM »

I'm envious of your super powers.   :(   I have none. But I do faithfully take out the trash every Sunday night and I'm pretty sure I do that better than many.

One question:  Is the link for 'Ask Ray a Question, send him an email' still being used? Does anyone still review these and answer for Ray? I'm sure many visitors don't realize that Ray has gone to sleep. Just wondering.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2017, 10:57:00 PM »

If you click on the ask Ray a question link, you will find a great quote from Ray regarding his " credentials" to teach, a short statement about Ray's death, and directions to go to our discussion group for questions and answers.

I like that link as it is and I especially enjoy Ray's description of his credentials.  Vintage Ray.  I miss Ray.  Hard to believe he has been gone almost five years.

StevenL

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 02:22:31 AM »

Ah, cool! I just assumed it would go to your default email service. Shoulda clicked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 23 queries.