bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greeting  (Read 11341 times)

StevenL

Re: Greeting
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2017, 05:38:54 AM »

Welcome StevenL from another confessed lurker

Hi HoneyLamb! Thank you.

Deblyn

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2017, 10:11:55 PM »

Welcome, Steve. I read with great interest the synopsis of your life's spiritual journey.  I experienced similar things-got into AOG, Charismatic, Independent. I, too, have experienced the responses from "church" people, who believe I veered off the "straight and narrow". That's okay, because armed with what I now know, I can handle it. The Lake of Fire series is chock full of the truth of God's word, and exposes the deception that many are still in bondage to. They need the blinders to be removed. There are folks who sit week after week in their pews who have a vague feeling that something is amiss, but are not able to address it until or unless the Spirit of God grants them revelation knowledge...I read a lot more than I ever comment, mostly because I still have much more to learn. God bless!

StevenL

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2017, 02:34:56 AM »

Hi Deblyn! I think there are many many like us who wandered around in all that for a while and then were drawn out. The religion seems satisfying for a while but then a strange sense of 'something' begins to tell you something's just not right. After God spoke to me, He began to slowly turn up one thing after the other until I began to understand, dimly at first and then more and more clearly until I knew what the 'churches' were. And I'm still learning, like you, and try to keep my mouth shut as much as I can. You CANNOT tell them about it anyway. It's like talking to a cat about trigonometry. And then, when you're feeling pretty darn important with yourself that God chose to show YOU something, he plunges you into some horrible circumstance and you become the worst of all people. And then, you realize you still don't know a thing. It's a great paradox, to KNOW some of the marvelous things about the Kingdom of Priests, but really know nothing that wasn't given to you. And you only know that as you keep drawing from that Vine.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome. I'm glad to see another escapee out there. Would love to meet you and many others here, but it is what it is. I don't get out much anyway. The Lord bless and keep you and turn His Face to shine on you!

Deblyn

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2017, 08:12:37 PM »

Well said about the paradox! Good to have you on board. God bless you, too.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2017, 08:43:10 PM »

And then, when you're feeling pretty darn important with yourself that God chose to show YOU something, he plunges you into some horrible circumstance and you become the worst of all people. And then, you realize you still don't know a thing. It's a great paradox, to KNOW some of the marvelous things about the Kingdom of Priests, but really know nothing that wasn't given to you. And you only know that as you keep drawing from that Vine.

Ain't that the truth.  Seeing how much "humbling" still has to happen to me...well, humbles me.  It's the same fire...just the timing and circumstance is different.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Terry

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2017, 11:45:10 AM »

Welcome Steven,

And then, when you're feeling pretty darn important with yourself that God chose to show YOU something, he plunges you into some horrible circumstance and you become the worst of all people. And then, you realize you still don't know a thing. It's a great paradox, to KNOW some of the marvelous things about the Kingdom of Priests, but really know nothing that wasn't given to you. And you only know that as you keep drawing from that Vine.

One thing I've figured out for sure is when I get to feeling strong and get to feeling like I am  somebody special is when God shows me how weak I am, its a tough Journey.

Nice to meet ya

Terry
Terry

StevenL

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2017, 03:11:45 PM »

Hi Terry! Yeah, and it's probably gonna get even tougher before we're done. But He'll complete what He started in us, don't ya think?  :) That Clay gets slopped around pretty good before it gets made into a vessel of honor. This vessel (me) has quite a way to go yet I think. I've read some of your posts and think you've probably come further than you think in yourself. You have a gentle, humble, sweet spirit. God bless you brother.

Beautiful pup in your picture! He looks happy. I love mutts.

Stacey

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2017, 01:09:30 PM »

Welcome aboard StevenL!

Fantastic testimony you shared, love it.

Sincerely,
A Registered Lurker,
Stacey

Peace out
Stacey

StevenL

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2017, 08:47:12 PM »

Thanks Stacey! Peace out to you too.   8)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.