bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Greeting  (Read 11342 times)

StevenL

Greeting
« on: January 26, 2017, 09:34:19 PM »

Hi all. I'm Steve Lindsey from the great state of Louisiana, USA. Have been reading here for quite some time and decided to sign up to say THANKS. I'm on my several time'th through the Lake of Fire series... most excellent. I appreciate you folks who maintain this site and those who participate and support it.

Been here in the valley of the shadow of death for 61 years now. I was raised Baptist, rejected religion in my teens, early 20s was visited by the Spirit and dragged to God, filled with the Spirit, and plunged, through little volition of my own, into the Scriptures. Got into 'spirit-filled' church scene (AOG, charismatic), led 'worship', even experienced some astounding, true spiritual gifts. But... then He Spoke to me one day, out loud? or if not, may as well have been, it was like a spiritual bomb, and changed my life, sometime I think for the worse. : ) No not really. He simply stated that He was going to 'pull up the skirts of the Whore and show me her nakedness'. I am still in the process of seeing this. But the search led me to many peculiar places, one of them here since one of the blasphemies she rides on is HELL. (Don't worry, I have no intention of trying to 'teach' what I've been told here.)

Since then, I've been a complete outcast from 'church', most of my friends, and even, in many ways, from my own family. I've fallen into the mire many times but have gotten back up with His help. Many times didn't think I could make it. It took me a long time to learn to SHUT MY MOUTH about spiritual things... wanted to tell everybody their error and correct them. Funny, sort of. In fact, I just left another universal salvation (voluntarily) site because they could not tolerate, without venom, any real discussion of 'free will'. No going to participate in division and confusion any more.

One of my Indicators of how close any particular teaching is to Truth is the degree of hatred shown by 'church' folks to the views. The teachings of the ultimate reconciliation of all, the non-existence of a torture chamber called 'hell', and the delusion of 'free will', are completely despised, abhorred, and detested by religious folk and are immediate cause for your expulsion without pity from their sphere of social influence. My family will not allow me to mention spiritual topics in their presence any more. One of my brothers recently called me 'deceived' and then tossed his Bible into the yard for insisting that Colossians 1:20 was actually Truth. If they can't have the 'unsaved' damned, they'd just as soon be damned too, I suppose. I've gotten so used to this phenomenon that I think it strange when it doesn't occur now. But it never ceases to amaze me.

Anyway, this is just a bit about me by way of introduction. I'm glad to be a part of the family of God, even if just the guy who takes out the ashes of the sacrifices and dumps them. <<< spiritually speaking of course. Thanks for letting me join up. I promise not to be a pain.

But please don't kill me if I mention free will.   ;D

And thank you Lord for the life of Ray Smith. He has blessed me.

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: Greeting
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 10:11:18 PM »

Welcome Steven

Thanks for your story, is encouraging

Glad your free will brought you here 😋

Rhys
🤫

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 10:45:13 PM »

It's good to have you, Steven.  I could sense some of that Louisiana coming out of you.  :)
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 09:32:34 AM »

Welcome Steven.

I just left another universal salvation (voluntarily) site because they could not tolerate, without venom, any real discussion of 'free will'. No going to participate in division and confusion any more.

Things are a little calmer here.

"Getting Saved - Hardest Thing You Will Ever Do!" https://youtu.be/nyw60TBhQJo

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 10:08:02 AM »

Hi Steve and welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you have had quite an experience in being "persecuted" because of your knowledge of the truth.  I say, consider it a blessing and learn from it, and move on. :)

René

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 12:06:35 PM »

Welcome Steve.           God Bless You.  Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

StevenL

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 05:05:06 PM »

Welcome Steven.

I just left another universal salvation (voluntarily) site because they could not tolerate, without venom, any real discussion of 'free will'. No going to participate in division and confusion any more.

Things are a little calmer here.

"Getting Saved - Hardest Thing You Will Ever Do!" https://youtu.be/nyw60TBhQJo

Just read that one. Dang it! Thought all I had to do was 'repeat after me'. Should have known better. Death on a tree is not an easy death is it? Thanks Dennis.

StevenL

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 05:06:52 PM »

It's good to have you, Steven.  I could sense some of that Louisiana coming out of you.  :)

Well us Louisianians can be a bit backward but most of us are fairly easy to get along with. Thank you Dave.

StevenL

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 05:12:49 PM »

Hi Steve and welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you have had quite an experience in being "persecuted" because of your knowledge of the truth.  I say, consider it a blessing and learn from it, and move on. :)

René

Oh yeah, I've moved on and I know it's a blessing. Just hope I can learn to live in a way that's worthy of 'knowledge of the truth'. I suppose having knowledge is pretty much worthless unless you order your life's behavior by it. Some of my persecution has resulted from foolishness rather than knowledge. But... I'm learning, I hope.

Thank you Rene. I don't know how to get the accent above the last e. Forgive me.  : )

StevenL

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2017, 05:19:38 PM »

Welcome Steven

Thanks for your story, is encouraging

Glad your free will brought you here 😋

Rhys

Thanks for the welcome Rhys. I don't tell many people my story any more. Most think I'm crazy as a loon when they hear it. Especially when I get down to the details. What a long, strange trip it's been. And yep, I came here of my own free will. Don't know what may have caused me to do that. When you really think about it, and think how you've been brainwashed and brain-trained since you were in the womb, 'free' will is a rather ridiculous concept isn't it? But adams will die rather than give up that delusion.

StevenL

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 05:25:46 PM »

Welcome Steve.           God Bless You.  Pamela

Thank you Pamela. It was your thread "WOW" that induced me to go ahead and register to post. Been lurking here a long time. My heart was moved hearing your pain at being bitten by a loved one for trying to comfort them with Truth. I know how that feels. And no matter how many tell you that it's supposed to be that way, it's a great thing (and it is), etc., it still feels BAD. And it feels BAD every time it happens and probably always will. But I can tell from what little I've read from you that you are tough in the Lord. So God bless you too.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2017, 06:00:00 PM »

Woohoo,   Does that mean I won a soul for Jesus?  😀  Ha! Ha! Just kidding, we all know only God can do that and I thank Him dearly for it too. This is a good place to be, highly and spiritually
Skilled people here. I am not good at remembering Scripture, but I sure do understand. I hope
your journey here is rewarding Steve.

" The Lord is my strength and my shield, in Him my heart ❤️ trusts."... Psalm 28:7
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

indianabob

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2017, 03:05:56 PM »

Hi Steven,
I'm a little older than you, but trying to think young as long as I am able.
Hope to hear more of your experiences and your participation in the forum.
Warm regards, ole Indiana Bob

StevenL

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2017, 05:22:36 AM »

Hi Steven,
I'm a little older than you, but trying to think young as long as I am able.
Hope to hear more of your experiences and your participation in the forum.
Warm regards, ole Indiana Bob

Hi Bob. We've got a long way to go yet. I think I'm about 18. If I can just get my body to feel that for me, I'll have it made. Thanks for your regards.

virginiabm

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2017, 08:40:53 AM »

HI Steven, welcome home. My God bless you in your journey through this life and lift you up when you are down. It is a pleasure to hear your story and knowing God lead you hear to love and be loved by His truth and His Family.

Your sister in Christ Jesus,
         Virginia Miller

DEJI

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2017, 01:39:54 AM »

You are welcome here Steve. Glad you decided to join rather than lurk around.

StevenL

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2017, 04:47:34 AM »

HI Steven, welcome home. My God bless you in your journey through this life and lift you up when you are down. It is a pleasure to hear your story and knowing God lead you hear to love and be loved by His truth and His Family.

Your sister in Christ Jesus,
         Virginia Miller

Hi Ms. Virginia. Thanks for the blessing!

StevenL

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2017, 04:49:11 AM »

Thank you DEJI. Yeah, lurk sounds bad doesn't it? One shouldn't be a lurker.

DEJI

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2017, 06:47:04 PM »

Thank you DEJI. Yeah, lurk sounds bad doesn't it? One shouldn't be a lurker.
I think lurking around is the first step before eventually joining for some folks here.  :)

HoneyLamb56

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2017, 10:33:37 PM »

Welcome StevenL from another confessed lurker
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 24 queries.