bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mark 9:35  (Read 3953 times)

stello

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Mark 9:35
« on: January 30, 2017, 12:32:32 PM »

Mark 9:35 "Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, "Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all."

Hello everyone,
                    Is this scripture referring to those who want to be the first in the kingdom of God? Thanks.
Job 13:15 "Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him."

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Mark 9:35
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 02:27:55 PM »

Later in the chapter Jesus talks about the "conditions" in which it is better to "enter life" and to "enter the Kingdom".  These are things to do "now" in order that they may be avoided "later".  Given that this verse is part of the same conversation, I think "this scripture is referring to those who want to be the first in the kingdom of God."  And that this is a "condition" that one should press for better now than later.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

stello

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 07:16:56 PM »

Thanks Dave! how are you doing?

stello
Job 13:15 "Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him."

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 08:31:14 PM »

I'm hanging in there, experiencing good and bad.   :D  I hope to start this coming weekend with my 'treatment' for this ankle. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

StevenL

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 04:37:41 PM »

Father, I'd like to request in writing a Gift of healing for your servant Dave, whether he be first or last in Your kingdom. Brother James said to pray for one another so that we may be healed and our sins forgiven. I know that you read my request before I wrote it. Thank You for listening to the likes of me asking for things in the Name of Your Son.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 01:52:38 AM »

Jesus taught that we are to pray, and do good works, in private, not to be seen by men.

Also, Jesus taught that there is one, and only one prayer that is ever answered; Your (Father) will be done.

All sins, for all mankind, were forgiven when Jesus (the True Passover) died on the cross.

StevenL

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 02:49:17 AM »

Jesus taught that we are to pray, and do good works, in private, not to be seen by men.

Also, Jesus taught that there is one, and only one prayer that is ever answered; Your (Father) will be done.

All sins, for all mankind, were forgiven when Jesus (the True Passover) died on the cross.

Well, cowboy, if those were the only teachings in Scripture, I'd probably agree with you. But they aren't, so I'll just pray for brothers and sisters anyway as I feel the urge. Thanks for the grace though.   ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.