bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The GOSPEL for the POOR  (Read 5770 times)

Seeker

The GOSPEL for the POOR
« on: February 20, 2017, 02:52:01 PM »

Hi
Luke 4:18 & other similar scriptures. Is there any post or material by Mr Smith on this topic or why were the POOR even created. Must be for someone's benefit.
These scriptures are in my daily thoughts, daily I ask for clarity on these scriptures, I search the internet for good reasons why the POOR has to struggle/suffer all this life and think that there's a better life after judgement.
Jesus & his disciples mission was to preach to the poor, hence, "the GOSPEL is/are for the poor".

How easy it is for the RICH, enjoy this life, die, be judged, enjoy life forever, what an amazing GOD!
Gee, there's so much of questions with very few vague answers which do not satisfy my soul.
GOD Bless.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: The GOSPEL for the POOR
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 08:03:37 PM »

Mar 10:21  And looking at him, Jesus loved him, and said to him, One thing is lacking to you. Go, sell what things you have, and give to the poor. And you will have treasure in Heaven. And come, follow Me, taking up the cross.
Mar 10:22  But being sad at the Word, he went away grieving; for he had many possessions.
Mar 10:23  And having looked around, Jesus said to His disciples, How hardly those having riches will enter into the kingdom of God!
Mar 10:24  And the disciples were astonished at His Words. And answering again, Jesus said to them, Children, how hard it is for those trusting on riches to enter into the kingdom of God!
Mar 10:25  It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle, than for a rich one to enter into the kingdom of God.
Mar 10:26  And they were exceedingly astonished, saying to themselves, And who is able to be saved?
Mar 10:27  But looking at them, Jesus said, From men it is impossible, but not from God. For all things are possible from God.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

octoberose

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 02:28:03 AM »

I wonder Seeker, if there is not another way to look at this:

James 1:9  The brother in humble circumstances should boast in his exaltation.

I Samuel 2: 7-8 He raises up the poor from the dust, he lifts the needy from the ash heap, to make them sit with princes and inherit a seat of honor.

Proverbs 22:22 Do not exploit the poor because they are poor and do not crush the needy in court, for the Lord will take up their case and will exact life for life.

I think you think too highly of the rich because I can tell you a big house and bank account does not bring happiness. I would gladly, happily give up every material thing for my son back in our lives. The rest is just things. Surely you have noticed that people in the public eye, the actors and actress, the politicians, the head of businesses often lead wretched and desperate lives. Rich or poor we all struggle. We all are accountable to our God for our actions.
 The Gospel is for all and the poor is the poor in spirit. Poor in spirit, as I understand it, means 'reduced to being a beggar'. This is a spiritual poor- a soul crying out to God because you have no spiritual riches are in need.
 The curse of being "well off" is the belief that we have achieved something on our own. The blessing of being in need is that we know every day Who provides.
 May God meet your needs now, and in the future.

lostANDfound

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 08:18:50 PM »

I especially love your second last paragraph there Octoberose.
Learning, learning.  Ever so slowly.

cheekie3

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 05:36:32 AM »

Seeker -

Regarding your query:

Hi
Luke 4:18 & other similar scriptures. Is there any post or material by Mr Smith on this topic or why were the POOR even created. Must be for someone's benefit.
These scriptures are in my daily thoughts, daily I ask for clarity on these scriptures, I search the internet for good reasons why the POOR has to struggle/suffer all this life and think that there's a better life after judgement.
Jesus & his disciples mission was to preach to the poor, hence, "the GOSPEL is/are for the poor".

How easy it is for the RICH, enjoy this life, die, be judged, enjoy life forever, what an amazing GOD!
Gee, there's so much of questions with very few vague answers which do not satisfy my soul.
GOD Bless.

Matthew 5:3 (KJV)
“Blessed are the poor in spirit, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Who are the poor in Spirit; and how does one get Rich in Spirit?

Are not all of mankind poor in Spirit - and do we not all need His Holy Spirit to become Rich in Spirit?

It depends on what is meant by the poor. Is one poor because they do not have any money? Is one Rich because they are Gifted His Holy Spirit?

What is success? In the world, is it purely based on material wealth? In His Kingdom, is it based on our standing In Him?

Do we not all enter the world with nothing? Is it not His Divine Will to Give each and every one of his children all that He has?

Warmest Regards.

George

Porter

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 08:09:09 PM »

Hi Seeker, welcome to the forums.

Ray showed us from Scripture that Christ's words are spirit and that Christ only taught in parables. Ray also showed us from Scripture that all parables describes either the "many called" or the "few chosen" with an emphasis on either or depending on the parable. We've also learned that we need at least two witnesses to fully understand and interpret what is being taught.

If we start from Luke 4:16 we are given a clue as to which of the two groups Christ is referring to and where to find it.

Luk 4:16  And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
Luk 4:17  And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
Luk 4:18  The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
Luk 4:19  To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. 

Isa 61:1  The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
Isa 61:2  To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
Isa 61:3  To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.
Isa 61:4  And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.
Isa 61:5  And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.
Isa 61:6  But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves.

Now we know who the "poor" are and to whom Christ is preaching the Gospel to: "Priests of the Lord" and "Ministers of our God" aka The Elect. We have another witness where whenever Jesus was preaching to "the poor" it was directed at His disciples. He was telling them about the spiritual qualities that He Himself possesses, and how He wants them to have the same spiritual qualities as Him.

Luk 6:20  And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed [Greek: happy] be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.
Luk 6:21  Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.
Luk 6:22  Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
Luk 6:23  Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is GREAT in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

This is a parable describing how the Elect are blessed or how they are to have a happy attitude knowing "that all things work together for good to them that love God".

Here again Jesus is teaching only His disciples the proper spiritual attitude to have at the 'sermon on the mount'.

Mat 5:1  And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:
Mat 5:2  And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
Mat 5:3  Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:4  Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Mat 5:5  Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Mat 5:6  Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Mat 5:7  Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Mat 5:8  Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Mat 5:9  Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Mat 5:10  Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:11  Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Mat 5:12  Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

The parables above have an emphasis on "the few" and how they should be, they are a reflection of Christ's spirit and attitude which He wants us to have.

Luk 6:40  The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.

1Jn_4:17  Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

All this is in contrast with the passage Dave posted concerning "the many" who put more value in carnal temporary material things instead of permanent spiritual things. It's going to be much harder for them to enter into God's family. And as Ray would say: "it won't be a walk in the park".

Luk 6:24  But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.
Luk 6:25  Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.
Luk 6:26  Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

Reminds me of a statement made by one of the worlds richest men, J. Paul Getty, in which he said: "the meek shall inherit the earth, but not the mineral rights".

Sounds like he was having a giggle there, yet Scriptures warn "woe unto you that laugh" all the way to the bank! :D The carnal mind is only concerned with things of the flesh, the spiritual mind is concerned with things of the spirit. Be happy (blessed) and poor in spirit like Jesus. Be humble and don't think too highly of ourselves. Have compassion and mercy on all, because "God is kind and merciful to the good and bad".

Did you notice from the passage that Dave posted that Jesus loved the rich young ruler? Truly, all things are possible with God, so he too will be judged and saved, seeing how "God is love" and "love never fails".   

Seeker, check out the paper 'Seeing and Understanding The Invisible' @ https://bible-truths.com/lake4.html and also 'The Sermon On The Mount is For You' @ https://bible-truths.com/lake16-D3.htm to get a better idea of how Christ taught, why He taught and to whom He taught.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 08:11:30 PM by Porter »
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 09:20:12 PM »

Porter
That was just perfect, you took me to church brother, our church. I got goosebumps, 😀

There is not enough gold, silver, paper, plastic or credit in this world that would or could
purchase the knowledge I hold in my heart.

Rom. 9:23)... And that He might make known the riches of His Glory on the vessels of Mercy,
                     Which He had afore prepared unto Glory.

God is giving us an infusion of character...the character of His son Jesus Christ. Giving it to us
FOR FREE, not only that , but gives us the faith to believe it, cause it's real. The rich are rich,
the poor are poor. More and more I know there is a reason for every single, person, place or thing.
Like Ray said, everything is working out to the millionth of a second and we are in on it. We are
So very rich. Thankyou Christ Jesus, O what a Beautiful Name.
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 04:08:07 AM »

Here's a thought, hopefully not (too) off-base.

Is it possible the rich young ruler really did "sell all he had and give to the poor" even if he kept his riches till he died?  His "story" is riches for the poor in Spirit.  Whether that's a valid thought or not, he certainly didn't take it with him when he died.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Porter

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 06:06:29 AM »

Porter
That was just perfect, you took me to church brother, our church. I got goosebumps, 😀

There is not enough gold, silver, paper, plastic or credit in this world that would or could
purchase the knowledge I hold in my heart.

Rom. 9:23)... And that He might make known the riches of His Glory on the vessels of Mercy,
                     Which He had afore prepared unto Glory.

God is giving us an infusion of character...the character of His son Jesus Christ. Giving it to us
FOR FREE, not only that , but gives us the faith to believe it, cause it's real. The rich are rich,
the poor are poor. More and more I know there is a reason for every single, person, place or thing.
Like Ray said, everything is working out to the millionth of a second and we are in on it. We are
So very rich. Thankyou Christ Jesus, O what a Beautiful Name.

If you want goosebumps read Ray's papers and study the Scriptures he presents, cause that is where I got it. And we know where he got it. ;)

Here's a thought, hopefully not (too) off-base.

Is it possible the rich young ruler really did "sell all he had and give to the poor" even if he kept his riches till he died?  His "story" is riches for the poor in Spirit.  Whether that's a valid thought or not, he certainly didn't take it with him when he died.

That's an awesome way to see it and not off base at all, seeing how the Scriptures were not only written for the Elect, but also about the Elect.

1Pe 1:10  Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1Pe 1:11  Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
1Pe 1:12  Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2017, 04:05:19 PM »

Thanks Porter
I read Rays papers, over and over and over and the more I do, the more I see and the more amazed
I become. The words are alive to me now, I am even understanding some of Isaiah, as much as the Lord wants me to know. Sometimes I am thinking on something and when I open the Scriptures, it's exactly what I was thinking about. I still have a long way to go, God willing, but
I'm loving this journey so much. God Bless You, Pamela

Porter

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2017, 04:59:58 PM »

Thanks Porter
I read Rays papers, over and over and over and the more I do, the more I see and the more amazed
I become.

I know you do, that was just a feeble attempt on my part to try and deflect credit. There is nothing I have that I did not receive, and God has given me a lot through Ray and the members of this forum.

I'm not a very original person, so anything I might say I've learned either from Ray or bt forum members. I admire those of you who are able to speak so well and eloquently. I'm so plain that I was voted the "no frills kind of guy" award in high school. :D

Peace and God Bless you too Pamela.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 11:22:43 PM »

Porter
Do you have any idea how unique you are? I love your posts, your timing in that post was perfect
for me when I needed it, and God used you , a vessel of honour.
Yes, God has given you a lot, more than a lot, way more. You are so humble, I admire that character because that is the character of Jesus. How awesome is that. There are scholars,
Scientists, theologians and rocket scientists who do not hold the knowledge that you do, (we do.)
The journey is rough going, the destination is Glorious. Your right about the forum, it is so helpful.
I'm surprised I have any eyes left from reading. All is of God, let go. I pray for obedience and I
Ask the Lord to remove the pride in me, I want the strength to do nothing. Be still, is hard to do.
When I feel bad, I read Psalm 84 and it lifts me up. Remember We are unique and peculiar.
I always focus on the finish line when I get to see Him as He is,The most Powerful man ever. Our
Father. Praise His Holy Name ❤️ Pamela

sansmile

• my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 06:10:16 PM »

This is an awesome study on the Gospel. https://bible-truths.com/forums/index.php/topic,6142.0.html
Walk in the Spirit
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.