bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Babylon divided into three parts  (Read 5964 times)

cheekie3

Babylon divided into three parts
« on: March 03, 2017, 12:13:23 PM »

All -

Revelation 16:19
And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

Does anyone know what the three (3) parts of the great city Babylon.

George

Porter

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Babylon divided into three parts
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 03:13:12 AM »

Hi George,

Not sure I understand the question, but I did find this.

Mat 12:25  Knowing their thoughts, He told them: "Every kingdom divided against itself is headed for destruction, and no city or house divided against itself will stand.

Is this the old military tactic of 'Divide and Conquer'? Is it possible that Jesus and His Army divides the time of judging of "the many" into ages? Like those who blaspheme against the Holy Spirit are not forgiven in this age or the age to come, but rather in the third age?

Mat 12:31  Because of this, I tell you, people will be forgiven every sin and blasphemy, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.
Mat 12:32  Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him. But whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the one to come.

Sounds awful familiar to the verse you posted along with the rest of that chapter in Revelation.

Rev 16:19  The great city split into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell. Babylon the Great was remembered in God's presence; He gave her the cup filled with the wine of His fierce anger.
Rev 16:20  Every island fled, and the mountains disappeared.
Rev 16:21  Enormous hailstones, each weighing about 100 pounds, fell from heaven on the people, and they blasphemed God for the plague of hail because that plague was extremely severe.

I dunno George, what do you think?

One thing I do know for sure is that the book of Revelation is the Revelation of Jesus Christ and also the Testimony of Jesus Christ. And He makes it known to His Elect what will happen to them as He lives His life through them. Wrath and judgment on the false Church is no small part of what Jesus will do through or with His Elect.

Revelation is one tough book to understand, and I don't claim to have the right answer for your question. However, I can't help but to see it's all good news. :)
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 07:35:46 AM »

Not completely on topic: https://youtu.be/CjFr7KbEdjo

cheekie3

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 12:38:22 PM »

Porter -

You make an interesting point about divide and conquer - and I accept that it is a truism:

Hi George,

Not sure I understand the question, but I did find this.

Mat 12:25  Knowing their thoughts, He told them: "Every kingdom divided against itself is headed for destruction, and no city or house divided against itself will stand.

Is this the old military tactic of 'Divide and Conquer'? Is it possible that Jesus and His Army divides the time of judging of "the many" into ages? Like those who blaspheme against the Holy Spirit are not forgiven in this age or the age to come, but rather in the third age?

Mat 12:31  Because of this, I tell you, people will be forgiven every sin and blasphemy, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.
Mat 12:32  Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him. But whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the one to come.

Sounds awful familiar to the verse you posted along with the rest of that chapter in Revelation.

Rev 16:19  The great city split into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell. Babylon the Great was remembered in God's presence; He gave her the cup filled with the wine of His fierce anger.
Rev 16:21  Enormous hailstones, each weighing about 100 pounds, fell from heaven on the people, and they blasphemed God for the plague of hail because that plague was extremely severe.

I dunno George, what do you think?

One thing I do know for sure is that the book of Revelation is the Revelation of Jesus Christ and also the Testimony of Jesus Christ. And He makes it known to His Elect what will happen to them as He lives His life through them. Wrath and judgment on the false Church is no small part of what Jesus will do through or with His Elect.

Revelation is one tough book to understand, and I don't claim to have the right answer for your question. However, I can't help but to see it's all good news. :)

But if Babylon is divided against itself - would it would have fallen from within? Could it be that Babylon has three (3) parts that are currently working in unison - unless Babylon is no more?

Warmest Regards.

George

cheekie3

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 01:04:42 PM »

Dennis -

Thank you for posting this. I listened to it again:

Not completely on topic: https://youtu.be/CjFr7KbEdjo

It is true that Our Creator is Sovereign and not one of us has a free will - and Job spoke the truth about God Giving (Good) and taking away (when evil befalls us) - and only the younger friend spoke honestly, whereas the other three (3) blamed Job for sinning - saying God does not bring evil on the innocent.

We know that there is no single Antichrist but there have been many, many Antichrists.

We know that we were the beast that sat on His Throne at one time.

Perhaps Babylon is more than most of us understand? Perhaps Babylon is more than the orthodox traditional Christian and Roman Catholic churches; or perhaps it may be referring to Judaism, Christianity and Roman Catholicism?

Warmest Regards.

George

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 01:12:48 PM »

I know this much. Earthquakes, hailstones, etc. are symbolic and could or could not mean what they say.

Perhaps Babylon is more than the orthodox traditional Christian and Roman Catholic churches

Ray had his thoughts about this and I'm not sure how deep he drove that stake. But it seems there may be more to this than just the Catholic church.

Porter

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 06:19:17 PM »

But if Babylon is divided against itself - would it would have fallen from within? Could it be that Babylon has three (3) parts that are currently working in unison - unless Babylon is no more?

Warmest Regards.

George

The only other thing I'm somewhat sure about is that chapter in Revelation is a prophecy foretelling of God's wrath and eventual salvation toward Babylon.

However, it's possible that the "three parts" could be a reference to the three major religions united; Judaism, Islam and Christianity. But without a second witness it's all just speculation on my part.

My favorite part of that chapter in Revelation........

Reminds me of a similar prophecy.

Luk 3:5  Every valley will be filled, and every mountain and hill will be made low; the crooked will become straight, the rough ways smooth,
Luk 3:6  and everyone will see the salvation of God."

One thing I keep running into while looking this stuff up is the manner in which God deals with Babylon throughout all ages; He "scatters" them, where once they were united.

The Tower of Babel

Gen 11:8  So the LORD scattered them from there over the face of the whole earth, and they stopped building the city.
Gen 11:9  Therefore its name is called Babylon, for there the LORD confused the language of the whole earth, and from there the LORD scattered them over the face of the whole earth. 

Mat 12:30  Anyone who is not with Me is against Me, and anyone who does not gather with Me scatters.

What I don't get is does God scatter them so they can spread their false religion farther, or does He scatter them to make them weaker so as to conquer them?
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

John from Kentucky

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 06:34:23 PM »

What is the true purpose of this thread?  To teach a truth which is edifying to God's chosen ones?  Or to raise an unclear point in order to inject a doubtful explanation.

There are hundreds of unclear questions that can be raised from the Scriptures.  For example, a few verses above the one mentioned above; in Rev 16:13, there is mention of three unclean spirits like frogs that come out of the mouth of the dragon.  What is the deep meaning of the three frogs?  Maybe we can teach some false truth in order to confuse the unlearned and those weak in the Spirit.

Ray mentioned that he did not teach on Scriptures that were unclear to him.  Good advice

The Scriptural standard is that in the mouth of two or three witnesses let every word be established.

Without at least two witnesses, why bring up a scriptural matter?  Jesus taught us that if the blind lead the blind then both will fall into the pit.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 06:40:13 PM »

John is correct. And this thread is already heading for the pit. So I will lock it.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 06:42:34 PM by Dennis Vogel »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.