bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New companion  (Read 3586 times)

Musterseed

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • God is Love
New companion
« on: March 25, 2017, 10:11:04 AM »

I really did not want to get another dog after having our other one put down from illness two
years ago. She was a part  Alaska Malamute and St. Bernard and we rescued her when she
was only four weeks old starving,and had her for nine years. She was aggressive to other
dogs and people so we had to keep her separated from both. It was very stressful. So I didn't
want another one, but Lo and Behold, we have a new one.

I saw a picture of this cute little dog in the mall, she had the face of a fawn. She was picked up
as a stray and was in foster care with a group called Eldercare. A rescue for old dogs 🐶.
I thought, nope, nope and walked away. Well, for three days I couldn't stop thinking about
her and decided to call and get some info on her, just out of curiosity right, hmnn!
So this is how God works in mysterious ways. The place we had to pick her up seemed
familiar to us. We realized it was a place we had been before, a community on a beautiful lake,
that we really liked but could never afford. The foster mom was really nice.

We met the dog 🐶, a 30 lb part Sheltie,part Japanese Sheba Inu .She not only had
the face of a fawn but the color, like butterscotch and vanilla. When I sat on the couch
she jumped up and laid down next to me.She had been abandoned and thrown out on
the streets before her rescue and that broke my heart, so I decided I would take her
for a two week trial. Her first week with us was iffy because she barked at other dogs.
We are campers. We spend our summers in parks and a barking dog would get us kicked
out so I had two minds about keeping her. Oh, the guilty feeling I had when I looked into
her fawnlike eyes and thinking about bringing her back and her being bounced around to
fosters.I began to work with her and discovered she is really smart.She is gentle, walks well
on leash, is not aggressive in any way and puts her head in my lap when I am reading the Bible.
I did some research on the Sheba Inu, and they are catlike, mix that with the herding
mentality of the Sheltie and it explains why we can't hear her walking around the house. Her paws
are like a rabbits 🐰, she is right behind you and you don't even know it, she's like a ninja. 😂
We have a friend who trains horses and dogs so we will work on her barking. She has taken
to my husband because she knows who the driver of that thing is that she likes to ride in.
As soon as he puts on his coat she knows she's going for a ride or a walk. My husband likes
her too,so we have decided to keep her and give her a permanent loving home.

I was recently talking to the foster lady on the lake and she has invited us to come visit and
bring our canoe 🛶 anytime we want.(bonus)
And get this, our new dogs name is Mya, the same as our last dog except spelled differently, Maia.
Coincident? I don't think so. All is of God.  ❤️ Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

indianabob

Re: New companion
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 01:30:24 PM »

Hi Pamela,

I'm not into dogs at my advanced age, but I do care for my son in law's beagle age 3 when they visit us. We play and go for walks and she drags me around the subdivision where we live as she hunts for whatever it is that she senses with her hunting nose.

I loved hearing about your new family member. A great story and well told for the benefit of us all.
Thank you much for sharing.
Ole Indiana bob

octoberose

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 03:42:59 AM »

Really Sweet.  As the 'mom' of two dogs myself I understand the pull of their sweet faces. Even when one of them is stealing my socks!

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 10:13:59 AM »

Octoberose, what kind of dogs do you have?

Ibob, beagles are beautiful and docile.
I love all animals, especially horses and donkeys. Lots of them here.

Have a wonderful and Blessed day all........Pamela

cjwood

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 05:47:58 PM »

hi musterseed.  dogs are awesome companions.  when my husband decided to move to france instead of stay married, we had 3 dogs.  one was my daughter's that became mine. she died from a stroke at home in my arms.  the 2nd dog was one my husband got from a friend who had been working the same domestic oil rig as my ex.  this particular dog was territorially aggressive if someone came into our house, and any place outside the home if i was with him.  he became my very own shadow dog and personal sentry dog.  especially after my husband left.  i found out about 10 days ago that this dog has osteosarcoma.   :'(   he is now 15 yrs old so i am opting for palliative care only.  no amputation or chemo.  i couldn't even imagine cutting off my dog's leg at his age.  he gets an i.v. infusion of a drug called pamidronate which can be repeated every 28 days.  he also takes tramadol, and i started giving him cbd oil twice a day since the day he was diagnosed.  he is actually doing really well on this protocol.  but i am heartbroken knowing that i will eventually, within the next few months, have to have him put down.   :'( :'(
the 3rd dog was rescued from an oil rig by my ex.  she quickly became my personal buddy.  loved going in the car anywhere.  especially to the bank, walgreen's, and sonic.  they all gave her treats.   :)   she got lymphosarcoma 2 years ago.  i opted to try chemo on her and she did well for a few months.  then it became too much and i decided it was time to have her put down.  i can't fully describe the loss i felt when she was gone, as well as our first dog.  and now, knowing that my 2nd dog will have to put down in the near future, it is so hard.  i've never not had a dog.  i am telling myself i don't ever want another dog one because it hurts too much when they are gone. 

so, i get it that you did get another dog.  they are awesome in their unconditional love, companionship, and their just being there when i needed them.  and vice versa.  enjoy your new dog.  i know that you will.

love in Christ,
claudia

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 10:47:39 PM »

Thank you Claudia, we are enjoying her very much, but have noticed she's having a hard time walking so it's off to the vet for her on Friday. It is difficult to put them down but at least they don't suffer as much. I have had dogs all of my life, our last one was an Alaskan Malamute/ St. Bernard
and was aggressive also. We tried all kinds of training but no one could handle her. When we brought her to Nova Scotia she had never seen a horse before so she jumped out of the truck and
chased one and it kicked her in the head and sent her flying, from then on she wouldn't even look at a horse 🐴 she was taught a lesson. She fractured her hip running one day and we had to put her down, she was nine and we gave her a good life considering her aggressive behaviour. We had to keep her away from people and dogs. I'm sorry you will have to put your dog down,  :-\I know how you feel my friend. God Bless You Claudia.   Pamela
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.