bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with directions  (Read 3383 times)

Musterseed

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • God is Love
Need help with directions
« on: April 29, 2017, 02:58:04 PM »

Gen.13:14....The Lord said to Abram after Lot had separated from him." Now lift up your eyes
                    and look from the place where you are,northward,southward,and eastward and
                    westward ".
Prov.25:23... The North wind brings forth rain, and a backbiting tongue,an angry countenance.
Deut.2:3......You have circled the mountains long enough, now turn north.
Isaiah 43:6...I will say to the north, "give them up and to the south"do not hold them back, bring     
                    My sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth".

There are so many scriptures containing the words, north, south,, east and west.
I am sure they hold spiritual meaning. Do they have anything to do with darkness and light?
Could someone explain this to me? Thank you so much, Pamela.   
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Need help with directions
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 12:40:21 AM »

I'm not sure, Pamela.  I tend to stay away from "coded" kind of messages from the scripture--that is, "this" always means "that".  I had similar thoughts at one time about what "left" and "right" meant in Scripture.  Books have probably been written about it, and I have an idea or two, but I hold them very lightly.  Scripture is to be discerned spiritually.  The direction may be important, but not at the cost of losing the underlying meaning. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Musterseed

• God is Love
Re: Need help with directions
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 11:12:28 AM »

Thanks Dave
I'm still learning to decern scripture ,never mind Bible codes. To deep for this little baby.
Overall progress is good though, lots of shining light.

EPH 3:9 And to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the Mystry, hidden for all ages
             in God who created all things.     

EPH 3:17-20  So that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith that you, being rooted
                    and grounded in love may have strength to comprehend with all the saints
                    what is the breath and length and height and depth, and to know the love
                    of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness
                    Of God.

Love surpasses knowledge, Whew! Thank you Lord😁
All Praise and Glory to Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ
Have a Blessed and wonderful day,,,,,,Pamela

" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.