bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unicorns or goats?  (Read 3322 times)

cheekie3

Unicorns or goats?
« on: May 03, 2017, 12:03:22 PM »

All -

I do not recollect that unicorns were in The Old Testament Scriptures, as I thought the word was goat or wild ox; yet look at these KJV Scriptures:

Daniel 8:5
And as I was considering, behold, an he goat came from the west on the face of the whole earth, and touched not the ground: and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes.

Numbers 23:22
God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn.

Numbers 24:8
God brought him forth out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn: he shall eat up the nations his enemies, and shall break their bones, and pierce them through with his arrows.

Deuteronomy 33:17
His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns: with them he shall push the people together to the ends of the earth: and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh.

Job 39:9
Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?

Job 39:10
Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?

Psalm 22:21
Save me from the lion’s mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.

Psalm 29:6
He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.

Psalm 92:10
But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.

Isaiah 34:7
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.

Curious!

George

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Unicorns or goats?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 05:48:22 PM »

Hebrews  H7214 in Strong's Concordance defines Unicorn as "a wild bull" (from its conspicuousness)
H7213  a primitive root, to rise - be lifted up.

Seems that the KJV translators made more of it than was required.

cheekie3

Re: Unicorns or goats?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 06:04:46 PM »

Bob -

Thank you for sharing this:

Hebrews  H7214 in Strong's Concordance defines Unicorn as "a wild bull" (from its conspicuousness)
H7213  a primitive root, to rise - be lifted up.

Seems that the KJV translators made more of it than was required.

This makes more sense.

Warmest Regards.

George
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.