bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 Cor 3:15  (Read 4604 times)

lareli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
1 Cor 3:15
« on: May 24, 2017, 01:50:57 PM »

I've read and listened to where Ray showed that 1 Cor 3:15 is a match for the lake of fire in Revelation and showing that everyone's work will be judged by fire but the man himself will be saved.

1 Cor 3:10-15

10 By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care. 11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13 their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. 14 If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. 15 If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.

My question is, doesn't this sound like Paul is talking about believers only? Isn't he talking about only people who've built their spiritual house upon the foundation of Jesus?

I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: 1 Cor 3:15
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 07:35:16 PM »

This should help.

http://bible-truths.com/lake6.html

Two judgements.  One fire.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Porter

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 08:51:21 AM »

It seems there is more than one type of builder. Those who build on the sand and those who build on the Rock. I wonder if all the non-Elect could fit into the sand category? I want to say yes because anyone who has ever had a false belief in Christ could fit. Even the Elect at one time built on the sand also. I dunno just thinking out loud. 

1 Cor 3:10-15 alone may seem like it's talking about believers only, but as you know it can't explain itself so another witness is needed. Also understanding the two judgements by fire helps a lot too.
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

lareli

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 12:16:41 PM »

Thanks for the link Dave, and Porter thanks for reminding me that no scripture is of its own interpretation. Very important key to understanding.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

indianabob

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 02:43:10 PM »

Hi,
In verse 12 where Paul states "anyone" doesn't it also refer to believers only?
Salvation comes only to believers, but each in their own time at which point they have been granted or gifted with belief..
Even those not part of the elect in this age will become similar to the present days elect when God does call them for the first time after their resurrection.
The teaching of righteousness that "we" are experiencing today will be the same then except that I suppose that there will not be all the false teaching to have to try to figure out since Jesus the Christ will be in charge. They at that time will be as little children learning at the feet of elder Kings and Priests (governors and teachers) of that day. They will still have human nature that needs to be changed to a more spiritual nature with the leading of God's holy spirit just as we the chosen have the benefit of today.

I've read and listened to where Ray showed that 1 Cor 3:15 is a match for the lake of fire in Revelation and showing that everyone's work will be judged by fire but the man himself will be saved.

1 Cor 3:10-15

10 By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care. 11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13 their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. 14 If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. 15 If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.

My question is, doesn't this sound like Paul is talking about believers only? Isn't he talking about only people who've built their spiritual house upon the foundation of Jesus?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.