bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Eating from the beginning until after the flood  (Read 20074 times)

cheekie3

Re: Eating from the beginning until after the flood
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2017, 10:47:16 AM »

All -

Is Our Saviour not the Saviour of all the world; and are we sure that there are two types of mankind - and that not all mankind came from Eve?

Does Acts 17:26 refer back to a single man, the original created man?

Acts 17:26 (NIV):
From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.

Acts 17:26 (Complete Jewish Bible) (CJB):
“From one man he made every nation living on the entire surface of the earth, and he fixed the limits of their territories and the periods when they would flourish.

Acts 17:26 (Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition):
And hath made of one, all mankind, to dwell upon the whole face of the earth, determining appointed times, and the limits of their habitation.

Acts 17:26 (Wycliffe Bible) (WYC):
and made of one all the kind of men [for] to inhabit on all the face of the earth, determining times ordained, and terms of the dwelling of them [and terms of habitation, or dwelling, of them],

Acts 17:26 (Philips):
From one forefather he has created every race of men to live over the face of the whole earth.

Is 2 Corinthians 5:14 referring to two types of mankind (the pre-Adamic race and those that came from Eve); and if not, does it refer only to the Adamic race - and if so, what happened to the pre-Adamic race? 

2 Corinthians 5:14 (Complete Jewish Bible) (CJB):
For the Messiah’s love has hold of us, because we are convinced that one man died on behalf of all mankind (which implies that all mankind was already dead),

2 Corinthians 5:14 (GNT):
We are ruled by the love of Christ, now that we recognize that one man died for everyone, which means that they all share in his death.

2 Corinthians 5:14 (NLV):
For the love of Christ puts us into action. We are sure that Christ died for everyone. So, because of that, everyone has a part in His death.

2 Corinthians 5:14 (YLT):
for the love of the Christ doth constrain us, having judged thus: that if one for all died, then the whole died,

2 Corinthians 5:14 (MSG):
Our firm decision is to work from this focused center: One man died for everyone. That puts everyone in the same boat. He included everyone in his death so that everyone could also be included in his life, a resurrection life, a far better life than people ever lived on their own.

Does all this fit into "the sum of His Word is Truth"?

Warmest Regards.

George

lareli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2017, 02:41:48 PM »

Biblical Dates

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AnB2iXgII5U

Ray says "chronologically" which he says may not be exact due to the skipping over of generations; Adam was created about 4000 BC. That's just over 6000 years ago.

The Earth is Very Old

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2yt1MY_pJd8

Ray says that from an evolutionary standpoint mankind has been here for 50,000 to 100,000 years.

I personally do not see monsters arise from thinking about these things, even so, would I be wrong to believe that Ray wasn't afraid of whatever monsters may arise from musing these things? Of what value would my faith be if I hadn't stared a few monsters in the face?

If we're to be child like in our faith does that mean just accepting what we've been taught by others without constantly questioning and testing it all? When I think of a child I think of how children ask lots of questions and explore all possibilities. The "why?", "how come?", "what about?", "what if?" Sometimes seems to have no end when teaching a child. Eventually it gets annoying or perhaps even threatening to the adults own beliefs and the adults sooner or later teach the children to stop questioning and just conform or believe. This is especially evident in religion.. probably more so than anywhere else.

I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2017, 03:35:07 PM »

Cheekie, none of the translations you posted contain the word "blood" that is in the original Greek.  Here, the KJV is closer.  Along with two "literal" versions.

Act 17:26  AndG5037 hath madeG4160 ofG1537 oneG1520 bloodG129 allG3956 nationsG1484 of menG444 for to dwellG2730 onG1909 allG3956 theG3588 faceG4383 of theG3588 earth,G1093 and hath determinedG3724 the timesG2540 before appointed,G4384 andG2532 theG3588 boundsG3734 of theirG848 habitation;G2733

YLT Act 17:26  He made also of one blood every nation of men, to dwell upon all the face of the earth--having ordained times before appointed, and the bounds of their dwellings--

LITV Act 17:26  And He made every nation of men of one blood, to live on all the face of the earth, ordaining fore-appointed seasons and boundaries of their dwelling,

I certainly don't think there are two "types" of men in the "racial" sense.  Before there was even the existence of a distinction between Jews and the rest of humanity, the "sons of God" married the "daughters of man".  And even after there were Jews, the lineage that produced the Messiah contained Gentiles, didn't it?  Where is this alleged "pure and separate race" in all that?

As far as I'm concerned, nowhere.  Act 17:25, 26  "...seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

Besides, that verse doesn't say what your provided translations say.  That he has "Made" of one blood all nations of men is not the same as saying "...From one man he made all the nations..."  The latter is a theological assumption.  I have no comment on whether or not it is "accurate".  I just want to point out that it is not here in that translation scriptural.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

cheekie3

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2017, 08:00:57 AM »

Dave -

Thank you for providing this valuable information about the blood:

Cheekie, none of the translations you posted contain the word "blood" that is in the original Greek.  Here, the KJV is closer.  Along with two "literal" versions.

Act 17:26  AndG5037 hath madeG4160 ofG1537 oneG1520 bloodG129 allG3956 nationsG1484 of menG444 for to dwellG2730 onG1909 allG3956 theG3588 faceG4383 of theG3588 earth,G1093 and hath determinedG3724 the timesG2540 before appointed,G4384 andG2532 theG3588 boundsG3734 of theirG848 habitation;G2733

YLT Act 17:26  He made also of one blood every nation of men, to dwell upon all the face of the earth--having ordained times before appointed, and the bounds of their dwellings--

LITV Act 17:26  And He made every nation of men of one blood, to live on all the face of the earth, ordaining fore-appointed seasons and boundaries of their dwelling,

I certainly don't think there are two "types" of men in the "racial" sense.  Before there was even the existence of a distinction between Jews and the rest of humanity, the "sons of God" married the "daughters of man".  And even after there were Jews, the lineage that produced the Messiah contained Gentiles, didn't it?  Where is this alleged "pure and separate race" in all that?

As far as I'm concerned, nowhere.  Act 17:25, 26  "...seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

Besides, that verse doesn't say what your provided translations say.  That he has "Made" of one blood all nations of men is not the same as saying "...From one man he made all the nations..."  The latter is a theological assumption.  I have no comment on whether or not it is "accurate".  I just want to point out that it is not here in that translation scriptural.

Does it matter significantly whether the original word is blood or man? Do both, blood and man, not refer to mankind?

Warmest Regards.

George

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2017, 02:26:18 PM »

I'd have to be a theologian to know if the failure to include a translation of a word in the original was a significant matter. 

Not even the CLV (with the "L" standing for "literal") translates αἷμα aima blood. 

CLV Act 17:26  Besides, He makes out of one every nation of mankind, to be dwelling on all the surface of the earth...

At least they didn't insert "man" even if they left out "blood".   Kinda makes me wonder why not?  To make it simpler to understand?  To my mind, it doesn't if the meaning is "the same".  I even looked in the list of "spurious" passages to see if that one was there.  It isn't, unless I messed up and overlooked it. 

Maybe there's a good reason.  I just don't know what it is.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

cheekie3

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2017, 02:42:52 PM »

Dave -

Thank you for checking this out further; I appreciate it:

I'd have to be a theologian to know if the failure to include a translation of a word in the original was a significant matter. 

Not even the CLV (with the "L" standing for "literal") translates αἷμα aima blood. 

CLV Act 17:26  Besides, He makes out of one every nation of mankind, to be dwelling on all the surface of the earth...

At least they didn't insert "man" even if they left out "blood".   Kinda makes me wonder why not?  To make it simpler to understand?  To my mind, it doesn't if the meaning is "the same".  I even looked in the list of "spurious" passages to see if that one was there.  It isn't, unless I messed up and overlooked it. 

Maybe there's a good reason.  I just don't know what it is.

Warmest Regards.

George

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2017, 06:36:32 PM »

1 Corth 15:45.  And so it is written. the FIRST man Adam was made a living soul.

works for me 😀
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2017, 10:21:43 PM »

The context is not about who was the first man. It's about "First comes the physical and then comes the spiritual."

1Co 15:22  For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Read the rest of the verse and what comes after it.

From Ray's Twelve Truths article: https://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm

TRUTH NUMBER 1

"And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the Last Adam [Jesus Christ] was made a quickening spirit. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is NATURAL; and afterward that which is SPIRITUAL" (I Cor. 15:45-46).

"It is sown [first] a NATURAL BODY [a physical body which dies] ; it is raised [afterward] a SPIRITUAL BODY [which is made immortal and never dies] ..." (I Cor. 15:44).

"Who shall change our [first] VILE BODY, that it may be fashioned like unto His [afterward] GLORIOUS BODY..." (Phil. 3:21).

"If I have told you EARTHLY things [first] , and you believe not, how shall you believe, if I tell you of HEAVENLY [spiritual] things [afterward] ?" (John 3:12).

The sequence of God's plan of salvation for mankind is most important-First is the physical and then comes the spiritual.

We know Jesus is a "man" and someday we will be like Jesus the "man."

In that sense Adam is the "first man."

There is "The first man Adam" and "the Last Adam [Jesus Christ]." Jesus and Adam are not one and the same but Jesus is described as "Adam."

The word "Adam" describes both Adam and Jesus in that verse. It does not say Adam was the first human on earth. It describes Adam as the first man who will become like Jesus. And let's not forget Eve is described as "the mother of all living." They go together.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2017, 11:10:07 PM »

Thanks Dennis

Physical,,,,,,,,Spiritual
Adam,,,,,,,,,,,Jesus
OT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NT
Old man,,,,,,,New Creature, etc

I'm getting there little by little, it's so hard.

God Bless.          Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2017, 09:30:56 AM »

It is hard Pamela. And it's hard by design.

The bible is full of symbols and metaphors. As Ray says: "The bible is one big parable."

Isa 28:9  Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

Isa 28:10  For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

BTW, Young's gets this right by capitalizing the word "He" because "he" is the LORD Jehovah.

Dennis
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 09:36:37 AM by Dennis Vogel »

Joel

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2017, 01:43:29 PM »

I agree with you Dennis, that God indeed does have a plan, and that everything in that plan will be done to the letter.
The way I see, it all through the scriptures He highlights some people that have been bad examples in FAITH and best of all God shines a light on those that have been people of much FAITH.
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, OUR LORD AND SAVIOR being at the top of the list.

Galatians 3:7-Know ye therefore that they which are of FAITH, the same are the children of Abraham.

Was Abraham the first person (man) to have FAITH? NO, because the scriptures tell us that Abel, Enoch, and Noah also were men of faith. (Hebrews 11)
God in his great wisdom chose to make the promise to Abram, and Abraham believed God and that started the great chain of events that lead up to THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD being made flesh and dwelling with man.
Romans 10:17-So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Joel

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2017, 06:10:07 PM »

Yes Joel, and may I add ...

Eph 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Eph 2:9  Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Eph 2:10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Joel

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2017, 07:03:55 PM »

Amen Dennis!
Thanks be to God for grace, mercy, truth, and LOVE.

Joel
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 09:20:27 PM by Joel »

indianabob

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2017, 12:53:29 PM »

Eph 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Eph 2:10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

So we have been taught and do believe, that our faith comes only as a gift from God who calls us individually and gives us to Christ to teach and protect. Yet some teach that anyone may seek after God and find God by their own efforts. So how do we explain Titus 2:11 which reads: "For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men"

Indiana bob

cheekie3

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2017, 01:33:49 PM »

Bob -

Regarding Titus 2:11:

So we have been taught and do believe, that our faith comes only as a gift from God who calls us individually and gives us to Christ to teach and protect. Yet some teach that anyone may seek after God and find God by their own efforts. So how do we explain Titus 2:11 which reads: "For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men"

Indiana bob

Here are other translations:

KJ21 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
ASV For the grace of God hath appeared, bringing salvation to all men,
AMP For the [remarkable, undeserved] grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.
AMPC For the grace of God (His unmerited favor and blessing) has come forward (appeared) for the deliverance from sin and the eternal salvation for all mankind.
BRG For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
CSB For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people,
CEB The grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all people.
CJB For God’s grace, which brings deliverance, has appeared to all people.
CEV God has shown us how kind he is by coming to save all people.
DARBY For the grace of God which carries with it salvation for all men has appeared,
DLNT For the grace of God appeared bringing-salvation for all people,
DRA For the grace of God our Saviour hath appeared to all men;
ERV That is the way we should live, because God’s grace has come. That grace can save everyone.
ESV For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people,
ESVUK For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people,
EXB ·That is the way we should live, because [L For] God’s grace that can save everyone has ·come [appeared; been revealed].
GNV For that grace of God, that bringeth salvation unto all men, hath appeared,
GW After all, God’s saving kindness has appeared for the benefit of all people.
GNT For God has revealed his grace for the salvation of all people.
HCSB For the grace of God has appeared with salvation for all people,
ICB That is the way we should live, because God’s grace has come. That grace can save every person.
ISV For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all people.
PHILLIPS For the grace of God, which can save every man, has now become known, and it teaches us to have no more to do with godlessness or the desires of this world but to live, here and now, responsible, honourable and God-fearing lives. And while we live this life we hope and wait for the glorious denouement of the Great God and of Jesus Christ our saviour. For he gave himself for us all, that he might rescue us from all our evil ways and make for himself a people of his own, clean and pure, with our hearts set upon living a life that is good.
JUB ¶ For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,
KJV For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
AKJV For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
LEB For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all people,
TLB For the free gift of eternal salvation is now being offered to everyone;
MSG God’s readiness to give and forgive is now public. Salvation’s available for everyone! We’re being shown how to turn our backs on a godless, indulgent life, and how to take on a God-filled, God-honoring life. This new life is starting right now, and is whetting our appetites for the glorious day when our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, appears. He offered himself as a sacrifice to free us from a dark, rebellious life into this good, pure life, making us a people he can be proud of, energetic in goodness.
MEV For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,
MOUNCE For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people,
NOG After all, God’s saving kindness has appeared for the benefit of all people.
NABRE For the grace of God has appeared, saving all
NASB For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men,
NCV That is the way we should live, because God’s grace that can save everyone has come.
NET For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all people.
NIRV God’s grace has now appeared. By his grace, God offers to save all people.
NIV For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.
NIVUK For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.
NKJV For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,
NLV God’s free gift of being saved is being given to everyone.
NLT For the grace of God has been revealed, bringing salvation to all people.
NRSV For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all,
NRSVA For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all,
NRSVACE For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all,
NRSVCE For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all,
NTE God’s saving grace, you see, appeared for all people.
OJB For the Chen v’Chesed of Hashem has appeared, bringing Yeshu’at Eloheynu to kol Bnei Adam,
RSV For the grace of God has appeared for the salvation of all men,
RSVCE For the grace of God has appeared for the salvation of all men,
TLV For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men,
VOICE We have cause to celebrate because the grace of God has appeared, offering the gift of salvation to all people.
WEB For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men,
WE God's loving kindness has come. It is through that blessing that all men are saved.
WYC For the grace of God, our Saviour, hath appeared to all men,
YLT For the saving grace of God was manifested to all men,

Does it appear that all will be saved in this age of Grace; or each in the time of His own choosing?

Warmest Regards.

George

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2017, 02:46:35 PM »

John 1:17  ...grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 

Grace is not just a 'thing' or a theological concept.  He is the embodiment of grace.  He IS grace, in his coming.

indianabob

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2017, 02:53:25 PM »

Yes George, well said and we who are called do understand.-
However what about those who have not yet heard or who died in ignorance e.g. as children?
How to illustrate in secular language to unbelievers? Not possible is it?
So when they read that passage of scripture they think it is all of them to seek God.
Indiana bob

The Word Brings Salvation
Ro 10:13 ...for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” 14 How then can they call on the One they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the One of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone to preach? 15 And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”

cheekie3

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2017, 04:28:20 PM »

Bob -

Regarding Romans 10:13-15:

Yes George, well said and we who are called do understand.-
However what about those who have not yet heard or who died in ignorance e.g. as children?
How to illustrate in secular language to unbelievers? Not possible is it?
So when they read that passage of scripture they think it is all of them to seek God.
Indiana bob

The Word Brings Salvation
Ro 10:13 ...for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” 14 How then can they call on the One they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the One of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone to preach? 15 And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”

Do we know for sure that this applies to all that have ever lived; including those pre Christ?

What about all the aborted children; did they get to hear The Gospel?

Does anyone of us know for sure who will be dragged to Him o Learn His Truths, and when?

We all know that He will save All.

Are there still not many who have not been reached by The Good News, in tropical and Amazonian lands?

What about the atheists, agnostics, evolutionists, Muslims, Hindus, communists, etc?

Will these not be in the second Resurrection?

Warmest Regards.

George

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2017, 05:57:49 PM »

Indiana bob

Why wouldn't grace then teach everyone when Christ comes again as the elect are taught now?

cheekie3

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2017, 04:34:26 AM »

Dave -

Regarding Grace:

John 1:17  ...grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 

Grace is not just a 'thing' or a theological concept.  He is the embodiment of grace.  He IS grace, in his coming.

Are you saying that Our Saviour is Grace; or have I misunderstood your statement?

Acts 15:11
But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Romans 16:20
And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

Romans 16:24
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

1 Corinthians 1:3
grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:4
I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Ephesians 4:7
But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

1 Timothy 1:2
unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

2 Timothy 1:2
to Timothy, my dearly beloved son: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 Timothy 2:1
Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.

Philemon 1:25
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen. Written from Rome to Philemon, by Onesimus a servant.

Hebrews 2:9
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Hebrews 10:29
of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

1 Peter 5:12
By Silvanus, a faithful brother unto you, as I suppose, I have written briefly, exhorting, and testifying that this is the true grace of God wherein ye stand.

Revelation 22:21
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Is Grace not similar to Faith, in that, it is The Grace of Our Saviour (in the same way that it is The Faith of Jesus Christ) - both free Heavenly gifts from above granted to His Elect by Our Heavenly Father through His Beloved Son (as opposed to our own works or efforts) ?

Warmest Regards.

George
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 24 queries.