bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 Thessalonians 5: 11, Hebrews 10:25  (Read 4017 times)

stello

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
1 Thessalonians 5: 11, Hebrews 10:25
« on: May 15, 2017, 07:54:53 PM »

1 Thessalonians 5:11" So encourage each other to build each other up, just as you are already doing."

Hebrews 10:24,25 "And let us consider how to spur one another on to love and good deeds. 25 Let us not neglect meeting together, as some have made a habit, but let us encourage one another, and all the more as you see the Day approaching. "

Stello
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 07:56:58 PM by stello »
Job 13:15 "Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him."

lareli

Re: 1 Thessalonians 5: 11, Hebrews 10:25
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 12:48:12 PM »

Amen to that!
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 01:09:04 PM »

Yes, Amen sevenfold. I'm off to a Babylon funeral today. Baptist, I don't know what to expect,
I'm nervous 😩

Thank you Stello, Bless you brother and you too Largeli.
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 07:05:07 PM »

Well, what an interesting funeral. A brawl broke out between the two families. There were
swear words in the uelogy, the families had to be separated on opposite sides of the church.
The new pastor actually talked about the chosen. "A special people he said", my ears perked
up then. He said they suffer in Christ and are privy to information that only they know as to why
we suffer on this earth. He spoke about their tremendous faith and how they are the true believers
and then He said that he believed it because my friend Beverly had told him she had found faith
and chose Jesus. My dear friend didn't even believe in the bible and was a Christian by good works
only, she was a voracious volunteer and fundraiser and the pastor said she was continuing her
good work in heaven. He also spoke about the resurrection and being raised from the dead. I wanted to jump up and say " but, but , you just said she's alive in heaven , how can she then be resurrected from the dead if she's alive?" I thought about Ray when he said" Do they ever think
about these things? Apparently not. What a mess it was. It's heartbreakingly necessary though.
As for those with tremendous faith and suffer in Christ.

" They have washed their robes and made them white, , in the blood of the Lamb.
" Therefore they are before the throne of God and serve Him day and night in His temple,
   and He who sits on the throne will shelter them with His presence.
   They shall hunger no more, neither thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them,
   nor any scorching heat.
   For the Lamb in the midst of the throne will be their Shepard and He will guide them to
   springs of living water and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.Rev:7-14 Thank you
   Lord.
   Rev.:22-21,,, The Grace of the Lord Jesus be with you all. Amen.                Pamela

" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 01:40:29 AM »

Thanks, Pamela. I was just getting ready to ask how it went.

More and more I see that it truly is "foolishness" to the world, this "resurrection of the dead".       
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

indianabob

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 11:30:36 AM »

Very helpful report Pamela,

I have not had exactly that type of experience at funerals, but I can relate from private conversations that I have had while speaking with those attending. I especially note the ones where the pastor has an altar call during the burial service when the attendees are from mixed denominations and obviously do not want to hear that they are doomed if not responsive.

Thanks for sharing your experience, Indiana Bob

CEO

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 02:16:02 PM »

Hi

I attended a Catholic funeral Friday.  I could not get past the fact that Martin Luther called them out and even though within churchianity the Catholics have an inferior theology, yet they are apparently prospering despite their rituals, child abuse scandals and materialism. I think most every Catholic is a member because their mama was or thy married into it.  Anyway focusing on the blind puts a sour look on my face.

Phillipians 4:8 reminds us to fill our thoughts with excellent things. Lets put the deceived aside for a moment and focus on the great news of the coming spiritual kingdom of God, the realm abundantly greater than anything we can imagine or conceive, of which we all get to partake!!!!

God shall be ALL in All!

Askseeknock

Charles O

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.