bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Answer a Question with a Question?  (Read 3239 times)

cheekie3

Answer a Question with a Question?
« on: May 23, 2017, 06:08:50 AM »

All -

I was reading and listening to Matthew yesterday, and this caught my attention:

Matthew 22:45-46 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV):
45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
46 And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

It appears that this statement is the final outcome of what the self appointed authorities tried to do - to discredit Jesus with difficult questions - and they all failed each and every time - and Jesus invariably answered their questions with Questions they could not answer - and I love the Fact that He did not answer their questions because they did not answer His Question:

Mark 11 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV):
27 And they come again to Jerusalem: and as he was walking in the temple, there come to him the chief priests, and the scribes, and the elders,
28 and say unto him, By what authority doest thou these things? and who gave thee this authority to do these things?
29 And Jesus answered and said unto them, I will also ask of you one question, and answer me, and I will tell you by what authority I do these things.
30 The baptism of John, was it from heaven, or of men? answer me.
31 And they reasoned with themselves, saying, If we shall say, From heaven; he will say, Why then did ye not believe him?
32 But if we shall say, Of men; they feared the people: for all men counted John, that he was a prophet indeed.
33 And they answered and said unto Jesus, We cannot tell. And Jesus answering saith unto them, Neither do I tell you by what authority I do these things.

Perhaps instead of answering questions about the authority of The Holy Scriptures, His Elect should ask tough Questions to the questioner - saying - before I answer your question, please answer me this question?

Perhaps His Elect should raise questions like:

1. Where do thoughts come from; and how are they generated?
2. How come we all have a moral conscience; and how did we get it?
3. Are we merely a natural being; and if so, is our brain only biological, or does it require something else to function - and where did that something else come from?

Just Thinking Out Aloud!

Intriguing!

Warmest Regards.

George
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.