bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Healed Head Wound  (Read 6223 times)

lareli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
The Healed Head Wound
« on: June 21, 2017, 05:22:09 PM »

I was re-reading The Beast Within and wanted to ask for your thoughts. I mean, the sections of the paper that I've copied and pasted below seem pretty clear but just to be sure..

What this is saying is that we are the beast that comes out of the sea in Rev and in our earthly life when we first accept Christ, ask Him to be our God, believe on Him, answer the altar call, or however you want to describe it.. at that point when we surrender to the idea that we need a savior to forgive us our sins and rescue us from ourselves, and that Jesus Christ is the only One.. it's at this point that we fall upon the stone or rock which is Christ who delivers the deadly head wound. Is this correct?

After this point though, as we continue in the church and learn to accept the traditional beliefs and culture and customs of the church, it is in this that we heal ourselves of the deadly head wound and fall away.. leaving our first love. Is this correct?

From The Beast Within

https://bible-truths.com/lake14.html

"How many understand our Lord's statements in Luke 20:17-18?

"And He beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The Stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the Head of the corner? Whomsoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever It shall fall, It will GRIND HIM TO POWDER."

When we fall on the Stone (Jesus), we are broken. Or as John tells us in Revelation,

"And I saw one of his heads as it were WOUNDED TO DEATH..." (Rev. 13:3).

Yes, when we fall on Christ we are broken, we are wounded (by the "sword" of God-Rev. 13:14 vs. Heb. 4:12). This is our human attempt at salvation. But then we fall, and our "deadly wound [which we received by the Word of God] was healed" (Rev. 13:3), we went back into the world, back into Babylon, thus leaving our first love. When the wound of the Sword of God's Word that had slain us, is healed, we fall from the love of God, and we again turn our love to the world from which we came.

----and----

This "fall" by the way is not a little slip or a little stumble. It is a complete and total SPIRITUAL FALL! We all come to Christ with a simple childlike innocence. But ... BUT, once we are in "the church of our choice," we start to get educated in the ways of Christendom. We learn of many rules based on the unscriptural traditions of men. We delight in many of these rules and traditions (sometimes not all of them), and before we know it, our new religion sooner or later TAKES US RIGHT BACK INTO THE WORLD that we thought we came out of."
[end quote]
---------------------------

Im always humbled after re-reading some of the stuff on here. Because I always see or understand something that I completely missed after reading it for the first time or two. Every time I get through a paper I feel like I've understood it just fine. Then I read it again some time later and I am humbled to realize that there were such gems that Ray wrote so clearly but I somehow didn't fully grasp the last time.

This part about the beast with the head wound that healed so perfectly describes the church to me now. The doctrine of free will says that we've made the choice. And so we've fallen upon the stone. And therefore we've "saved" ourselves based on the idea that we've used our free will wisely.. to choose the correct religion. Free will says, It's true that God provided us the choice in the first place.. we give Him credit for that part. But freely making the wise choice.. that was us. That is us falling upon the stone.

Us acknowledging that it is God who sent His son to pay the price for us.. that is the deadly wound. But us believing that we are saved by our own free choice to fall upon the stone.. that is us healing ourselves.

Am I understanding this?
I知 just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

lareli

Re: The Healed Head Wound
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 07:34:47 PM »

Maybe instead of saying "This part about the beast with the head wound that healed so perfectly describes the church to me now." I should say; Given the doctrine of free will, this part about the beast with the head wound that healed, very well describes my experience in church.

It doesn't do me much good to point at others. Better to recognize my own condition.

So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as A BEAST before thee
Psalm 73:22

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 08:27:51 PM »

All I can really add is that this describes very well my experience in "the church" as well.  And as well, coming out of her--a process still on-going.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Porter

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 05:58:19 PM »

This part about the beast with the head wound that healed so perfectly describes the church to me now. The doctrine of free will says that we've made the choice. And so we've fallen upon the stone. And therefore we've "saved" ourselves based on the idea that we've used our free will wisely.. to choose the correct religion. Free will says, It's true that God provided us the choice in the first place.. we give Him credit for that part. But freely making the wise choice.. that was us. That is us falling upon the stone.

Us acknowledging that it is God who sent His son to pay the price for us.. that is the deadly wound. But us believing that we are saved by our own free choice to fall upon the stone.. that is us healing ourselves.

Wow I've never fully understood all of that till now. Been sitting here reading this over and over along with what Ray said and or any other pieces of Scripture I could find and it finally clicked. Thanks largeli for asking then inadvertentlyanswering for me :)

This reinforces for me what Ray always said: "it's all one".
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

lareli

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 12:31:10 PM »

Ray wrote this in the "Who is The Beast" installment and it goes with what he said in "The Beast Within" that I quoted in the original post of this thread..

"Whenever someone is called of God and he repents, is baptized, confirmed, initiated, or whatever, it is into a church. And sooner or later that particular church will bring you to the point where you will leave your first love for God and turn to the church and its religion as the idol of your heart. God calls His people OUT of the Babylonish System of Religion which has a strangle hold on 'The Church.'"

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 01:33:50 PM »

Are you making a statement that we have the ability to heal ourselves, or are you saying we 'mistakenly think' we have the ability to save ourselves?

lareli

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 02:05:45 PM »

Are you making a statement that we have the ability to heal ourselves, or are you saying we 'mistakenly think' we have the ability to save ourselves?

'Mistakenly think'

In as much as I 'mistakenly think' I have a free choice to fall upon the stone.

But the doctrine of free will doesn't assume that we are healing ourselves. The church as I experienced it would never say that we heal or save ourselves. They would acknowledge Christ as the Savior and the stone. But they will say that the choice to accept or reject the Savior.. the choice to fall upon the stone or to reject the stone is ours. Hence we are the ones who decide to get healed. But while acknowledging that Christ is the healer.

But when taken together, thats wrong. As God is the one responsible for both the healing/saving and also He is responsible for the choosing.

That's what's deceptive about it. The church (in my experience) mixes error with truth. The truth being that Christ is the healer and Savior. The error being that we can freely choose to fall upon the stone.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 03:19:07 PM »

Exactly.  He does the "calling" and He does the "choosing".  Not only does He choose who falls on the stone, He chooses on whom the Stone will fall.

Peter (and the others) followed when they were called.  There's no misunderstanding that fact.  (They fell on the Stone).
 But when they were "chosen" (that is to say, spiritually converted)--or when it came time to reveal that they had been chosen-- it wasn't by any choice they made.  If anything, it was IN SPITE OF the choices they made (to fall away/deny Him).  And they did so (deny Him) in spite of their own "will" in the matter.  Peter said "I will never deny you."  Jesus said, "...you will deny Me."  Who was right? 

He chose Peter on whom the Stone fell.

This is the Peter to whom was given the keys to the Kingdom.  "Except there be a falling away..." 

« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 03:48:38 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

lareli

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 12:47:23 PM »

That's interesting Dave I hadn't thought about the head wound of the disciples as they followed Christ.

Question.. we've been discussing 'the church' and how 'the church' doesn't teach any truths. But also where Ray said that many truths are taught in the church.

My question is; if there is no truth in anything that 'the church' teaches, than how would a deadly head wound be possible? If the deadly head wound is referring to Jesus saying "whoever falls on the stone will be broken" and the head wound is administered by the sword of God.. ?

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 02:05:30 PM »

Question.. we've been discussing 'the church' and how 'the church' doesn't teach any truths. But also where Ray said that many truths are taught in the church.

Let's not get back into that topic.  Enough has been said lately, and much of it is simply "strife over words" or, worse, one-upsmanship.

My question is; if there is no truth in anything that 'the church' teaches, than how would a deadly head wound be possible? If the deadly head wound is referring to Jesus saying "whoever falls on the stone will be broken" and the head wound is administered by the sword of God.. ?

It is as Ray explained it. 

Here's an additional scripture for consideration.

Heb 4:12  For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Same "bible"...dividing asunder soul and spirit.  I don't have a different "bible" than I had in my church days (may know a few more translations).  What I have is a different understanding.

And another:

Mat 6:22  The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
Mat 6:23  But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

The light that was in me was darkness. 

Mickiel

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 12:34:49 AM »

I sure know about that darkness. Being exposed to it is a  raging storm, and a deceitful one. An interesting question; " How great is the darkness."

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2017, 11:11:51 AM »

Head wound.

Here is how I see it.  When I came to Christ [conscious decision to follow him, altar call, confirmation...whatever the church you were in describes salvation] that beast within received a deadly wound...or so I thought.  For a time we seem to be making a lot of progress in the Christian life.  Some of the past sins seem to regress, I seem to have a new life, I tend to be more loving, kind and understanding, I really think I'm making a lot of headway into this Christian life.  The flesh can accomplish a lot of things....but it's still flesh.  Flesh can't change the real problems of course as those are spiritual.

At some point in my walk I am sucked back into the world's system and that definitely includes the church system where now serving God means going to church, tithing, becoming involved in ministry of one kind or the other.  And over a period of time I fall away from my 'first' love or as Ray put it our primary love which is supposed to be Christ.  In time, all of those suppressed sins which I thought were done away with come back with a vengeance and I fall away back into the world.

The 'deadly' wound has been healed and the beast is as strong again as ever and I stand totally defeated. 

Rev 13:3[7]  And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast..... And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

With Paul I can commiserate;

Rom 7:18-25  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.  For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.  Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.  I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.  For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.  O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2017, 12:28:38 PM »

I want to answer this question of How great is this darkness because I am well acquainted with it
also. It was so deceiving and real to me that I tried to convince my grown children to commit murder suicide because the alternative was worse. Alternative being all the terror I was forced
( persuaded) to believe. It led to a brokenness I had never experienced before which also led me to knowing God. Before this happened I had never read scripture or gone to church. I had never heard the term ( being dragged to Him ) until I was led to BT. I knew nothing. I am learning all
about Babylon and it's false doctrines from reading all of the experience here on this forum and of course Mr. L Ray Smith. Thank God for him. Thank God for Jesus. THank God for everything.

I experienced the tossing of the waves, the raging storm.
Tossed--- basanizo) torture.....torment

Jesus commanded the decipiles to take the ship to the other shore.
Commanded....compelled...(anankazo) constrained either by threat, entreaty, force or persuasion.

Does this mean I was cast into the lake of fire, ( Jesus) by force. I hope so. I am sincerely
seeking answers from my brothers and sisters.
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. I have had many strange, frightening and also wonderful eye opening experiences these past three years and it has become a daily
ocurrance to learn something new, just like you said Largeli, you read with new eyes the same
sentence but with a different meaning than you had before. i love all the little miracles but I am always aware of what Our Father is capable of so I remember to love not the world, be obedient
and thank God for everything.  Peace to all of you. Pamela

PS.. I hope I did not offend anyone with my graphic statement about my experience but it is the truth. I apologize if I have.

" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Mickiel

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2017, 04:07:50 PM »

I want to answer this question of How great is this darkness because I am well acquainted with it
also. It was so deceiving and real to me that I tried to convince my grown children to commit murder suicide because the alternative was worse. Alternative being all the terror I was forced
( persuaded) to believe. It led to a brokenness I had never experienced before which also led me to knowing God. Before this happened I had never read scripture or gone to church. I had never heard the term ( being dragged to Him ) until I was led to BT. I knew nothing. I am learning all
about Babylon and it's false doctrines from reading all of the experience here on this forum and of course Mr. L Ray Smith. Thank God for him. Thank God for Jesus. THank God for everything.

I experienced the tossing of the waves, the raging storm.
Tossed--- basanizo) torture.....torment

Jesus commanded the decipiles to take the ship to the other shore.
Commanded....compelled...(anankazo) constrained either by threat, entreaty, force or persuasion.

Does this mean I was cast into the lake of fire, ( Jesus) by force. I hope so. I am sincerely
seeking answers from my brothers and sisters.
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. I have had many strange, frightening and also wonderful eye opening experiences these past three years and it has become a daily
ocurrance to learn something new, just like you said Largeli, you read with new eyes the same
sentence but with a different meaning than you had before. i love all the little miracles but I am always aware of what Our Father is capable of so I remember to love not the world, be obedient
and thank God for everything.  Peace to all of you. Pamela

PS.. I hope I did not offend anyone with my graphic statement about my experience but it is the truth. I apologize if I have.

Greetings,

I think you gave a graphic example of how great the darkness is, to tell your children to commit murder suicide , the magnet that the darkness is has a pull of its own. I think it can be as strong as dragging, the drag taken from the Greek " Helkuo" has two directions. The brokenness digs deep into our conscious memory, a memory we will not soon forget. I often wonder just how the suffering will benefit us in the eternal kingdom of God;  you know, just what is God getting from it? And what we are gaining from it? Because since God has done this, I seriously doubt if it could have been done another way?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 23 queries.