bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Ambition  (Read 22101 times)

cheekie3

Re: Ambition
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2017, 10:21:11 AM »

largeli -

Regarding your concerns about forgiveness:

I want a clear conscience.

Friend Largeli,
In my personal experience, the best way one may have a clear conscience is to request forgiveness each day. So if one retires for the evening after praying for forgiveness in a sincere manner and knowing in faith that forgiveness has been granted, then your night's rest is clear of all sin...until the next day when you wake to another day of challenges and temptations.
It is a continuing, never ending in this age process, until God finishes His work in us and we are granted "life" of the age to come and immortality and see the Lord Jesus as he is, because we will then be like him.

Indiana Bob

I've thought about this. I just don't know if scripture supports the idea that I can be forgiven just by requesting forgiveness.. even with a sincere heart.

The 'church' definitely believes and teaches that we can have forgiveness for everything.. past, present, and future sins are all forgiven once we decide to believe in Jesus and accept His free gift of forgiveness. I was brought up to believe this in the church. But Christ Himself said that if you don't forgive others than God will not forgive you. The church never taught that. The church taught that all you do is ask and then you get.

In my own situation, I can ask for forgiveness every night and with a sincere heart too.. but if I continue to shrink back when I am called forth by my conscience, than that to me is proof that there's no repentance. Repentance in this case being that I change course or turn back or stop continuing to shrink back.

Can there be forgiveness without repentance?

Perhaps, these verses from the Phillips translation may assist your understanding; in that our sins / transgressions have all been nailed to His Cross, and if we forgive all others all, He too will forgive us all:

Colossians 2:11-15 (Phillips):
In Christ, you were circumcised, not by any physical act, but by being set free from the sins of the flesh by virtue of Christ’s circumcision. You, so to speak, shared in that, just as in baptism you shared in his death, and in him are sharing the miracle of rising again to new life—and all this because you have faith in the tremendous power of God, who raised Christ from the dead. You, who were spiritually dead because of your sins and your uncircumcision (i.e. the fact that you were outside the Law), God has now made to share in the very life of Christ! He has forgiven you all your sins: Christ has utterly wiped out the damning evidence of broken laws and commandments which always hung over our heads, and has completely annulled it by nailing it over his own head on the cross. And then having drawn the sting of all the powers ranged against us, he exposed them, shattered, empty and defeated, in his final glorious triumphant act!

1 John 1:5-10 (Phillips):
Here, then, is the message which we heard from him, and now proclaim to you: GOD IS LIGHT and no shadow of darkness can exist in him. Consequently, if we were to say that we enjoyed fellowship with him and still went on living in darkness, we should be both telling and living a lie. But if we really are living in the same light in which he eternally exists, then we have true fellowship with each other, and the blood which his Son shed for us keeps us clean from all sin. If we refuse to admit that we are sinners, then we live in a world of illusion and truth becomes a stranger to us. But if we freely admit that we have sinned, we find God utterly reliable and straightforward—he forgives our sins and makes us thoroughly clean from all that is evil. For if we take up the attitude “we have not sinned”, we flatly deny God’s diagnosis of our condition and cut ourselves off from what he has to say to us.

1 John 2:12-14 (Phillips):
I write this letter to you all, as my dear children, because your sins are forgiven for his name’s sake. I write to you who are now fathers, because you have known him who has always existed. And to you vigorous young men I am writing because you have been strong in defeating the evil one. Yes, I have written these lines to you all, dear children, because you know the Father; to you fathers because of your experience of the one who has always existed, and to you young men because you have all the vigour of youth, because you have a hold on God’s truth and because you have defeated the evil one.

Warmest Regards.

George

lareli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2017, 04:57:41 PM »

Just to add, to the extent and at the same time we forgive men their slips, lapses, mistakes God is forgiving us ours likewise.  Does that sound familiar in your own life, regardless of any "theological" understanding you may have?  Or are you going through life like a prosecutor/over-zealous cop/pharisee or scribe?

No you're right, I don't think I have much of a problem forgiving others. God may have said to me once that if I don't forgive others than He will show me all the times in my life where I have hurt others. He's shown me a couple of times and that serves as a reminder to me to forgive others. 

I only used the words of Christ when He said "if you don't forgive others... " to show that what the church teaches about forgiveness is wrong. And I was making a comparison between what I learned in the church and what Bob said in his post about asking for forgiveness in order to obtain a clean conscience. Not saying Bob is wrong, just thinking about where repentance comes in when dealing with a "to him who knows what he should do and doesn't do it, it is sin." sin.

I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

indianabob

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2017, 10:59:44 PM »

Largeli,

I think the following may help, but it depends upon how we each understand it.
Remember this is addressed to gentiles with no prior knowledge of the true God.
Please see the whole chapter and focus on the underlined portions. Rom 8:26-27
They convict me that what I cannot do of my own desire or purpose, the spirit of God IT will do for me, willingly and without me fully understanding what I need to pray or need to change in my life. So let go and let God.
It is already in the plan and shall be accomplished, we have only to be patient with God and with ourselves.
Bob
= = =

Life in the Spirit
Rom 8:1  There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:2  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:3  For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Rom 8:4  That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:5  For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6  For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8  So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:9  But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10  And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Rom 8:11  But if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Heirs with Christ
Rom 8:12  Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
Rom 8:13  For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Rom 8:14  For as many as are led by the spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Rom 8:15  For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
Rom 8:16  The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
Rom 8:17  And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Future Glory
Rom 8:18  For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Rom 8:19  For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20  For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Rom 8:21  Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
Rom 8:22  For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
Rom 8:23  And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
Rom 8:24  For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
Rom 8:25  But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
Rom 8:26  Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Rom 8:27  And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Rom 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Rom 8:29  For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Rom 8:30  Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

God's Everlasting Love
Rom 8:31  What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
Rom 8:32  He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
Rom 8:33  Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
Rom 8:34  Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
Rom 8:35  Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Rom 8:36  As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Rom 8:37  Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
Rom 8:38  For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39  Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 11:01:46 PM by indianabob »

John from Kentucky

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2017, 12:52:23 AM »

Does anyone read the Scriptures Ray quoted in his talk on repentance?  The following come in this order.

1) Forgiveness
2) Repentance
3) Cleansing

Jesus was the great Passover sacrifice.  His sacrifice resulted in the forgiveness of all, which is why all will be saved.

Repentance comes later and God causes all to eventually repent.  There is no free will.  God decides when someone repents.  Read what happened to Paul on the road to Damascus.  Paul repented in seconds when compelled by God.  We are not in control.

The Spirit of God will lead you to understanding if you respect God's Word and tremble at His Word.  Be humble and study what Ray wrote on repentance and do not follow your own opinions.

cheekie3

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2017, 12:13:35 PM »

largeli -

From Young's Literal Translation of The Holy Scriptures:

Psalm 130:4
But with Thee [is] forgiveness, that Thou mayest be feared.

Daniel 9:9
`To the Lord our God [are] the mercies and the forgivenesses, for we have rebelled against Him,

Acts 5:31
this one God, a Prince and a Saviour, hath exalted with His right hand, to give reformation to Israel, and forgiveness of sins;

Acts 13:38
`Let it therefore be known to you, men, brethren, that through this one to you is the forgiveness of sins declared,

Acts 26:18
to open their eyes, to turn [them] from darkness to light, and [from] the authority of the Adversary unto God, for their receiving forgiveness of sins, and a lot among those having been sanctified, by faith that [is] toward me.

Colossians 1:14
in whom we have the redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of the sins,

Hebrews 9:22
and with blood almost all things are purified according to the law, and apart from blood-shedding forgiveness doth not come.

Hebrews 10:18
and where forgiveness of these [is], there is no more offering for sin.

Warmest Regards.

George

lareli

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2017, 04:56:03 PM »

Bob thank you very much for those verses.

Very first verse you submitted Romans 8:1 says "to them who are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh but after the spirit"

If I am not of "them" who are in Christ then wouldnt it stand to reason that the rest of that chapter does not apply to me?

If my conscience tells me I ought to do "this" and I shrink back, then am I walking after the spirit or flesh?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 05:02:57 PM by largeli »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2017, 09:42:18 AM »

We are all a work in progress   https://youtu.be/nyw60TBhQJo

indianabob

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2017, 03:01:34 PM »

Very first verse you submitted Romans 8:1 says "to them who are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh but after the spirit"

If I am not of "them" who are in Christ then wouldnt it stand to reason that the rest of that chapter does not apply to me?

If my conscience tells me I ought to do "this" and I shrink back, then am I walking after the spirit or flesh?

Hi again Largeli,
In response to the quote above and the bolded sentence.
Please keep in mind that we all live by "hope" of a place in God's final family structure. If we knew for sure then it would not be stated as a hope...a measure of trust and faith or belief that God has placed within us.

Those of us on the forum have we suppose accepted that God will eventually deal kindly with all His beloved children. However the question remains as to whether we will be the advanced team or the later followers who benefit from another part of God's overall plan.
I think I recall that Ray Smith told us that we will not know for sure until it happens. Can anyone recall where that is found?

But really does it matter whether we are first or second in line?
The eventual destination is the same; a renewed society on a renewed earth.
The first fruits will have lots of additional responsibility and opportunity and thrills, but those in the second resurrection, our friends and relatives who cannot understand just now will yet have great rewards when God's plan all comes together. So for me it is enough to know that NO ONE will be cast aside. God loves ALL of His children!

My suggestion from my own experience is that we all are impatient and want to know whether we are pleasing God and behaving as we should, but God who keeps secrets from even great kings of the past is asking each of us to "just trust Him" in the same manner that our Lord Jesus had to trust Him and put his very life into the Father's hands when all about him were deserting Jesus.

Hope this helps a little and hope I am sharing what Ray Smith has already provided.

Kindly offered, Indiana bob

lareli

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2017, 04:16:38 PM »

Hi again Largeli,
In response to the quote above and the bolded sentence.
Please keep in mind that we all live by "hope" of a place in God's final family structure. If we knew for sure then it would not be stated as a hope...a measure of trust and faith or belief that God has placed within us.

Those of us on the forum have we suppose accepted that God will eventually deal kindly with all His beloved children. However the question remains as to whether we will be the advanced team or the later followers who benefit from another part of God's overall plan.
I think I recall that Ray Smith told us that we will not know for sure until it happens. Can anyone recall where that is found?

But really does it matter whether we are first or second in line?
The eventual destination is the same; a renewed society on a renewed earth.
The first fruits will have lots of additional responsibility and opportunity and thrills, but those in the second resurrection, our friends and relatives who cannot understand just now will yet have great rewards when God's plan all comes together. So for me it is enough to know that NO ONE will be cast aside. God loves ALL of His children!

My suggestion from my own experience is that we all are impatient and want to know whether we are pleasing God and behaving as we should, but God who keeps secrets from even great kings of the past is asking each of us to "just trust Him" in the same manner that our Lord Jesus had to trust Him and put his very life into the Father's hands when all about him were deserting Jesus.

Hope this helps a little and hope I am sharing what Ray Smith has already provided.

Kindly offered, Indiana bob

All good points Bob and very helpful. Thank you.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2017, 07:16:02 PM »

I-Bob said, "Those of us on the forum have we suppose accepted that God will eventually deal kindly with all His beloved children. However the question remains as to whether we will be the advanced team or the later followers who benefit from another part of God's overall plan.
"

Bob, I think that is actually in the video Dennis posted above.  Coincidence?   ;D
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2017, 07:44:36 PM »

It is Dave, I listened to it last night. Yes, you will know you have been saved only if you  come up in the first resurrection. What a wonderful teaching Ray gives us. First or second , I just want Jesus to come now, sigh 😩
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

indianabob

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2017, 01:11:37 PM »

I-Bob said, "Those of us on the forum have we suppose accepted that God will eventually deal kindly with all His beloved children. However the question remains as to whether we will be the advanced team or the later followers who benefit from another part of God's overall plan.
"

Bob, I think that is actually in the video Dennis posted above.  Coincidence?   ;D

Thank you Dave, much appreciated.

Being older than most I have a selective memory.
My memory is activated by "trigger" words that refresh what I could not have recalled myself.
Hope everyone will be patient with me and all the other old codgers who are doing their best.  ::)   ;)

lareli

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2017, 10:38:27 AM »

Been thinking on all the comments here and listened to the audio that Dennis posted. Somewhere about 10 or 11 minutes into the YouTube teaching Ray mentions the verse "why do you call me Lord but don't do what I say?" 

In contemplating those words of Christ I've wondered what it is Christ is talking about when He says "do what I say". What is it? Is it 'something' as in one thing or something specific? Or is Christ and God like the voice of our conscience which instructs us as to what is good and evil as it pertains to all things in our life? Assuming one has the spirit of Christ in himself/herself would the voice of your conscience be the voice of the Holy Spirit?

lareli

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2017, 10:51:52 AM »

If one truly has 'the kingdom of God within you' and if one truly has Christ in them and they in Christ then the way they take care of themselves would reflect that wouldn't it?

I heard someone say that there have been studies that show that if someone takes their sick dog to the vet and the vet orders a course of antibiotics for the dog, the owner is highly likely to see the course of medicine all the way through to the last dose. But if a Dr orders a course of antibiotics for yourself, the individual is far less likely to take the full course of medicine.

When Christ says 'depart from me I never knew you' I wonder if not taking care of oneself is a reflection of one not truly living as if Christ and the kingdom of the Almighty God is within them. If I truly believed that Christ is in me I'd think I'd be very purposeful with what my life is. But years of indoctrination in the worlds church has trained me to believe that it's not about being good, it's just about believing. And when the church says 'believe' they mean an intellectual agreement that something is true.. they don't mean 'believe' as in to live your life as if it's true. There's no action in the church definition of 'belief' or 'faith'.

Perhaps the churches definition of belief and faith (intellectual agreement with no action) is what Christ was calling 'lawlessness'.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 10:54:16 AM by largeli »

cheekie3

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2017, 11:46:11 AM »

largeli -

Regarding the below:

Been thinking on all the comments here and listened to the audio that Dennis posted. Somewhere about 10 or 11 minutes into the YouTube teaching Ray mentions the verse "why do you call me Lord but don't do what I say?" 

In contemplating those words of Christ I've wondered what it is Christ is talking about when He says "do what I say". What is it? Is it 'something' as in one thing or something specific? Or is Christ and God like the voice of our conscience which instructs us as to what is good and evil as it pertains to all things in our life? Assuming one has the spirit of Christ in himself/herself would the voice of your conscience be the voice of the Holy Spirit?

Our Saviour's question is that the proof of Him being Our Master is that we obey what He said - as recorded all over The New Testament - which can only be done by those with His Holy Spirit indwelling their spirit - which can be summed up by the following:

Matthew 22:35-40: Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV):

35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Romans 13:8-10: Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV):

8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Or, as some have said 'treat others as you want to be treated'; as Love fulfills the Law.

I hope this helps your understanding.

Warmest Regards.

George

cheekie3

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2017, 12:02:54 PM »

largeli -

Regarding your deep concerns about your standing in Christ:

If one truly has 'the kingdom of God within you' and if one truly has Christ in them and they in Christ then the way they take care of themselves would reflect that wouldn't it?

I heard someone say that there have been studies that show that if someone takes their sick dog to the vet and the vet orders a course of antibiotics for the dog, the owner is highly likely to see the course of medicine all the way through to the last dose. But if a Dr orders a course of antibiotics for yourself, the individual is far less likely to take the full course of medicine.

When Christ says 'depart from me I never knew you' I wonder if not taking care of oneself is a reflection of one not truly living as if Christ and the kingdom of the Almighty God is within them. If I truly believed that Christ is in me I'd think I'd be very purposeful with what my life is. But years of indoctrination in the worlds church has trained me to believe that it's not about being good, it's just about believing. And when the church says 'believe' they mean an intellectual agreement that something is true.. they don't mean 'believe' as in to live your life as if it's true. There's no action in the church definition of 'belief' or 'faith'.

Perhaps the churches definition of belief and faith (intellectual agreement with no action) is what Christ was calling 'lawlessness'.

It appears that you are beating yourself up, as perhaps, you are not sure if you are 'begotten anew from above'.

Those Our Heavenly Father dragged to Himself, Christ imparts His Holy Spirit within their spirit; and gives them a new heart that cares for others - together with a change in their mindset and thinking to think like Christ thought.

One of my sisters, often says, 'I want to please Him, and not do anything wrong'.

It seems to me, that is what is on your heart and mind.

I have been there, at this point - and I said to Our Heavenly Father 'my desire in my heart and mind, is to please you at all times, in everything that enters my heart, my thoughts, my speech and all that I do - and I know that with my own ability, I cannot do this - I know that you have put this desire in my heart and in my mind - and I will be grateful if you would Honour your recorded Word, and make it possible for me to do Good, as I no longer want to be apart from you at any point.'

We know it is all of Him through Christ - but I find that it is best to voice my concerns to Him, either with my inner voice, or in outward prayer, in private.

Cast your cares at His Feet; and ask Him to comfort you - and remove any doubts from your innermost being.

He directs our daily walk - and this includes the thoughts that enter our minds, and the desires that are in our hearts.

As you want to do Good - that desire cannot be from you - as only God is Good as Christ said.

You need to complete the process on this one largeli - and simply tell Him your concerns - and let Him do what He does - and He will confirm your standing in Him - in your heart and mind.

I hope this helps your understanding; and gives you an assurance of what to do next.

warmest Regards.

George

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2017, 12:35:20 PM »

Depends if God truly has begun a good work in you in this age.

Php 1:6  Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

lareli

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2017, 02:56:49 PM »

I'm not trying to beat myself up as much as I'm trying to judge myself.

"Those Our Heavenly Father dragged to Himself, Christ imparts His Holy Spirit within their spirit; and gives them a new heart that cares for others - together with a change in their mindset and thinking to think like Christ thought."

George is there no action then? The Holy Spirit causes you to 'care' for others and to 'think' differently? That's the proof that the very spirit of the Almighty God lives in us?

When Christ said "you don't do what I said" you're saying He was talking about something specific, a commandment, and not a constant obedience to our conscience in all aspects of our daily lives?

cheekie3

« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2017, 04:14:17 PM »

largeli -

Regarding the below:

I'm not trying to beat myself up as much as I'm trying to judge myself.

"Those Our Heavenly Father dragged to Himself, Christ imparts His Holy Spirit within their spirit; and gives them a new heart that cares for others - together with a change in their mindset and thinking to think like Christ thought."

George is there no action then? The Holy Spirit causes you to 'care' for others and to 'think' differently? That's the proof that the very spirit of the Almighty God lives in us?

When Christ said "you don't do what I said" you're saying He was talking about something specific, a commandment, and not a constant obedience to our conscience in all aspects of our daily lives?

It is best if The Holy Scriptures (from the KJV) answer your question:

Proverbs 24:16

for a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.

Proverbs 28:18

Whoso walketh uprightly shall be saved: but he that is perverse in his ways shall fall at once.

Matthew 12:35

A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

Mark 12:33

and to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.

Luke 8:15

But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

Luke 12:32

Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Acts 15:8

And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

Romans 8:26-28

26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. 28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

2 Corinthians 1:22

who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Ephesians 1

1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus: 2 grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 4 according as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5 having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6 to the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. 7 in whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; 8 wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; 9 having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: 10 that in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: 11 in whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: 12 that we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13 in whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints, 16 cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers; 17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18 the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, 20 which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: 22 and hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, 23 which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Philippians 2:13

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Philippians 4:7

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Colossians 2:2

that their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;

1 Thessalonians 2:4

but as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.

2 Thessalonians 1:11

Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:

Do not the above Scriptures give you comfort and assurance that 'you are His Workmanship'; and that what 'He started, He will complete'?

Do you know how to test the desires of your heart; whether they be selfish or selfless?

Do you not know that it is 'He that justifieth; and not you'?

To me, it comes down to this very simple fact:

'Do I now want to do my will, or His Will'?

Should we not always be at peace in Him, full of His Joy and Love - no matter what befalls us?

Is it ourselves that desire to do Good - or is it He that drags us to Himself, justifies us, and starts to cleanse us and fill us with His Knowledge and Wisdom?

Are we not to look in the mirror and see Christ in us?

Do you motivate yourself, or does 'He Work in you to do His Good Works'?

Warmest Regards.

George

lareli

« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2017, 04:48:14 PM »

George,

Do I know how to test it he desires of my heart.. I hope so. I think so. The desire to do what I know I should do is there but is desire enough? You point out that even the desire to do so isn't from myself but from God. I like that and I will give that more thought.

When I look into the mirror of my life I do not see Christ though and that's where this comes from. Now I'm not doubting that Christ paid the price and justified me and I'm not doubting that I will one day be saved, as will everyone. But I'm testing myself, examining myself, judging myself to see if The Kingdom of God is in me, and if Christ is in me now.

I see that I lack faith. Faith being action and not just an intellectual agreement that something is true. I'm going to ask God to give me faith.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 19 queries.