bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wicked shall not inherit the earth  (Read 5431 times)

Brenda

Wicked shall not inherit the earth
« on: July 07, 2017, 03:58:29 AM »

Please help me to understand "wicked shall not inherit the earth".  I know the Elect will rule with Jesus at HIS return.  The righteous shall inherit the Earth and shall never be removed (e.g. Abraham), now what happens to the wicked that will not inherit the earth?

cheekie3

Re: Wicked shall not inherit the earth
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 09:06:08 AM »

Brenda -

Please help me to understand "wicked shall not inherit the earth".  I know the Elect will rule with Jesus at HIS return.  The righteous shall inherit the Earth and shall never be removed (e.g. Abraham), now what happens to the wicked that will not inherit the earth?

Do these New Testament Scriptures help?

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Ephesians 6:16
above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Colossians 1:21
And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

2 Thessalonians 2:8
And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

2 Thessalonians 3:2
and that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.

2 Peter 2:7
and delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:

2 Peter 3:17
Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

1 John 2:13
I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.

1 John 2:14
I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

1 John 3:12
Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother’s righteous.

1 John 5:18
We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

1 John 5:19
And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

Matthew 7:13
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Romans 3:16
destruction and misery are in their ways:

Romans 9:22
What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

1 Corinthians 5:5
to deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

2 Corinthians 10:8
For though I should boast somewhat more of our authority, which the Lord hath given us for edification, and not for your destruction, I should not be ashamed:

2 Corinthians 13:10
Therefore I write these things being absent, lest being present I should use sharpness, according to the power which the Lord hath given me to edification, and not to destruction.

Philippians 3:19
whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

1 Thessalonians 5:3
For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

2 Thessalonians 1:9
who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

1 Timothy 6:9
But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

2 Peter 2:1
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2 Peter 3:16
as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Luke 9:56
For the Son of man is not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

Heb. 12:6 "For whom the Lord loves He CHASTENS, and [AND] ...SCOURGES every son whom He receives [or is assenting]"

Do The Scriptures not teach that all Israel will be saved from destruction?
After The Saviour's Ascension, were not non-Israelites grafted into His Olive Tree?
Were / are not His Elected Ones being judged now during this age of Grace?
Were / are His Elect being judged by His Consuming Fire, that destroys all the lusts of the flesh?
Will He not during the next Age, not judge the wicked by His Consuming Fire, when He Chooses and Calls them unto Himself?

Warmest Regards.

George

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 12:20:44 PM »

Please help me to understand "wicked shall not inherit the earth". 

Couldn't find a scripture that says that.  Maybe I'm searching wrong.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

cheekie3

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 04:44:05 PM »

Dave -

Please help me to understand "wicked shall not inherit the earth". 

Couldn't find a scripture that says that.  Maybe I'm searching wrong.

Is this not the Scriptural reference:

Matthew 5:5
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

These also, may be relevant:

1 Corinthians 6:9
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1 Corinthians 6:10
nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 15:50
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Galatians 5:21
envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 1:11
in whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Ephesians 1:14
which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Ephesians 1:18
the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Ephesians 5:5
For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

Colossians 1:12
giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

Colossians 3:24
knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

Hebrews 9:15
And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Warmest Regards.

George

Brenda

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 08:39:47 AM »

Dave, you are correct there is no such Scripture.

Apologies, but I am still confused even after all the verses that were quoted here by Steven and George.

Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth (Matthew 5:5).
For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth. For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be (Psa.37:9)

Perhaps I am just not seeing it??? When Jesus returns to reign on earth together with HIS saints (their reward) and Abraham (the meek) inherit the earth - where are the wicked? Surely they are here on earth learning righteousness through the great white throne judgment and will then also be saved.  Now after they are saved, do they inherit the earth (are they also then the meek because Psa. tells a different story.

Will appreciate any help I can get.
God bless.

Rick Longva

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 01:40:34 PM »

I like the way the CLNT translates. We do not "inherit" the earth, we have an "allotment". In other words, we have a position, a place, in the kingdom. We will rule and reign with Christ (1 Cor.6 :2 will be a part of our position), where as those others (the rest of mankind) will not have an allotment. They will be there, just with no allotment.

"Or are you not aware that the unjust shall not be enjoying the allotment of God's kingdom? Be not deceived. Neither paramours, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor catamites, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners shall be enjoying the allotment of God's kingdom. And some of you were these, but you were justified in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and by the spirit of our God." (1 Corinthians 6:9-11)

Those will have their part in the LOF (Revelation 21:8), on earth.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 02:47:49 PM by Rick Longva »

Rick Longva

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 01:42:47 PM »

Oops, that should read Revelation 21:8

John from Kentucky

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 11:23:29 PM »

Abraham will not be with the original Elect.

None of the Old Testament figures are that important.  Their stories are examples for Jesus' Elect.

David was a carnal man.  His last word was blood.

Jesus said John the Baptist was the greatest among men but the least in the Kingdom of God will be greater than he and all others of the old ways.

Grace and Truth came with Jesus.  Salvation and the Spirit also came with Jesus.  The Elect are nothing without Jesus.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 03:44:16 AM »

Brenda, for what it is worth, I believe the wicked shall not be WICKED...when the time comes.

Perhaps I am just not seeing it??? When Jesus returns to reign on earth together with HIS saints (their reward) and Abraham (the meek) inherit the earth - where are the wicked? Surely they are here on earth learning righteousness through the great white throne judgment and will then also be saved.  Now after they are saved, do they inherit the earth (are they also then the meek because Psa. tells a different story.

SO, Yes...I think when the wicked are "judged" at "The Great White Throne" and "cast into the Lake of fire" for "Judgement" they will no longer be wicked...because when His judgments are in the earth, the whole world will learn righteousness.  That's the very purpose of judgement, whether it occurs now or later.  If that effect isn't achieved it's because Judgement isn't finished.

That's the short and simple version.  As Ray wrote, the 'events' of Revelation are not written in chronological order.  But as we come to understand in our own lives what all these things mean, we can keep in our hearts that Jesus saves everybody...each in his own order...and a "saved" person is not a wicked person any longer. 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 07:21:48 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Brenda

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 09:48:16 AM »

Thank you ALL for your responses, it is greatly appreciated.  Yes, Dave as Ray said...... it is not in chronological order (I think that is where I strayed)?

May GOD keep on blessing this Group!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 23 queries.