bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hebrews 8:8-12  (Read 11416 times)

Mickiel

Re: Hebrews 8:8-12
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2017, 08:21:05 PM »

" " I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." So if a person has been called, then biblically, according to Christ, two things are obvious, they are not righteous and they are a sinner,  these are the two revealed reasons WHY God calls people."

Great post Mickiel! Especially the above. I know I was called BECAUSE I'm a sinner and that's what He came to do. Wonderful! It's amazing how you can read something over and over for years and then somebody (beside yourself) just says a few words and you see something completely new. That's what I've enjoyed about Ray's writings. In some places, you see something you've never seen in every other sentence. Gifts of the word of knowledge and wisdom. Priceless.

Well yes , Ray had that way that God gives to a person, Ray could have started a church, maybe he already has. He had that way about him where you know God has affected his consciousness, appealed directly to it. To have God appeal directly to your consciousness, is a miracle, in my view; just an incredible thing. I too look at scripture one year, then years later I see something differing. Very few people have impressed my conscious belief, but Ray was one of them. But the bible reveals the bible, and the tracks of the Spirit can walk across your mind and imprint it. The Spirit sows and reaps itself, spirit for spirit. I will be glad when it stays in me, rather than visiting. The calling of God is not a chain of command, the structure of God's calling is really unknown, but it will total eclipse all of humanity. But every one called must bear their own burden, and if one gets off track, they should be restored in the spirit of meekness, considering your own self, because you can get off track as well.

I got a long way to go.

Peace.

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2017, 08:44:53 PM »

Such lack of basic understanding.

Only Jesus saves.

I fully agree John!  God bless.

Hello StevenL,

I decided to delete my post you quoted.  It was not helpful.  I do know when it is best to shut up.

But I am reminded when Jesus told Peter to "get behind Me Satan."  I am sure Peter had hurt feelings.  Most people do not realize how tough Jesus could be.  He was not weak.

Poor Peter, Paul got in his face in Antioch.  I am sure more hurt feelings.

God's ways are so different from what the false church teaches.  Sermon over.  Take care.

John

Mickiel

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2017, 08:59:50 PM »

"One last thought for you. God DID create men spiritually weak so that they cannot resist sin. "ALL have sinned..."It obviously IS God's will that for a time we go AGAINST His will. But. . .BUT, NO ONE EVER goes against God's "INTENTION." There is a giant difference. Paul's detractors ask in Roman's nine, "For who has gone against God's INTENTION?" And the answer is, absolutely NO ONE. It could not even BE God's will that all be saved, unless first ALL ARE LOST!"  **** From email entitled "What did God 'Will' for Adam and Eve"

"So the question that Paul is setting up is not "...who has resisted His will?" but rather, "who has resisted His purpose [His plan, His intention]?"

To the question, "...who has resisted His will?" the answer is: EVERYONE! But when properly translated, to the question, "who has resisted His purpose?" the answer is: ABSOLUTELY NO ONE!"  ****  from Lake of Fire part 15A

Well I agree that humanity was created weak , which is just another reason why God would not condemn any human. We climb the ladder and our hands keep getting steeped on ; God is not some deranged being who would place an incredible weight on your shoulder, then judge you according to how you respond. In Isaiah 45:7 God creates light and darkness , and humanity must walk through both. I think that is one meaning of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, both things planted in the same tree, and God planted that on earth, or established it on earth. We can't avoid those thing, the trees are all around us; that tree is all around us. So the tree is a way of being. A conscious way of thinking; but evil did not always exist, and it will not always exist; God will have an end of it,  he is not trying to end humanity, we were created to live and have life abundantly, meaning eternally.

I often wonder just how that works, God getting such incredible miles out of sin. I don't understand how sin and evil, can benefit humanity; but God is looking in the long run. His vision is elongated. I used to think he did this to teach us the difference between good and evil, and convince us his way is the best. An eternal lesson of sort, but now, I just don't know. But we can know it must not could have been done in a better way.

cheekie3

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2017, 08:21:32 AM »

All -

Regarding these two Scriptural Witnesses; which declare that He will make a New Covenant with the House of Israel and the House of Judah:

Hebrews 8:8-12 J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)

8-12 Actually, however, God does show himself dissatisfied for he says to those under the first agreement: ‘Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in my covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel: After those days, says the Lord, I will put my laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. None of them shall teach his neighbour, and none his brother, saying, Know the Lord, for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest of them. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more’.

Jeremiah 31:31-34 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
33 but this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Has this been happening since Our Beloved Saviour returned to Our Heavenly Father - or is it yet to happen - as it appears that 'The New Covenant will be made when He writes His Laws on their hearts and minds' - and no one will need to teach his neighbour - as His Laws will be known by all the House of Israel, and all the House of Judah?

Or does it mean that it is 'By His Holy Spirit' that 'His Elect are taught'; and it is 'His Holy Spirit - that writes His Laws on the Elects' hearts and minds'?

These Old Testament Proverbs come to mind:

Proverbs 3:1-4 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

1. My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:
2 for length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.
3. Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:
4. so shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.

Proverbs 7:1-5 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

1. My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee.
2. Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.
3. Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart.
4. Say unto wisdom, Thou art my sister; and call understanding thy kinswoman:
5. that they may keep thee from the strange woman, from the stranger which flattereth with her words.

Warmest Regards.

George
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.