bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: could someone explain  (Read 3481 times)

dave

could someone explain
« on: July 17, 2017, 01:35:24 PM »

1Co 15:29  Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: could someone explain
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 01:45:53 PM »

The way I see it Paul is referring to The Lord Jesus Christ there, ( all three times dead is used )

Joel

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 06:37:52 PM »

RAY,

IF YOU WOULD AT YOUR CONVINCE, PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS SCRIPTURE. I CAN NOT GET ANY HELP WITH THIS VERSE (I Cor. 15:29).

IN CHRIST,

SAM

Dear Sam:
Some churches actually baptize living people on behalf of dead people.  I guess if one can be baptized for a dead person who wasn't baptized, then they could also live a righteous life for a dead evil criminal. How neato!

Actually this verse has nothing to do with such nonsense. However, Concordant has a better translation of this verse:

"Else what shall those be doing who are baptizing [baptizing living people, not dead people]?  It is for the sake of the dead absolutely IF THE DEAD ARE NOT BEING ROUSED.  Why are they baptizing also for their sake?"

In other words, why are you or we or anyone baptizing people if when they die and are DEAD, they NEVER rise again? Of what value was their baptism? It was of no value. Paul also add, "...if as a man, I fight wild beasts in Ephesus, what is the benefit for me?  If the dead are not being roused, we may be eating and drinking, for TOMORROW WE ARE DYING."

Why do strange and difficult things if they profit nothing after we are gone?  But these things DO PROFIT after we are gone, after we are DEAD, after others are DEAD, becaue the dead WILL RISE AGAIN.

God be with you,
Ray

https://bible-truths.com/forums/index.php/topic,2539.0.html

dave

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 04:10:53 AM »

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 23 queries.