bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cruel World  (Read 3184 times)

Porter

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Cruel World
« on: June 03, 2017, 10:50:32 PM »

I yelled at my son today and made him cry. I just got tired of his moaning and negative attitude for the past couple hours and couldn't take it anymore when he and my daughter started arguing. I went overboard and made him feel very bad. I regret it. I haven't seen him cry in a very long time and he's 17 now.

We talked after I calmed down but he was still crying and he expressed to me how he's so tired of everyone including his friends "dogging on him", putting him down, ignoring him and giving him "mean looks". My heart sank cause I knew exactly what he was going through. Only thing I could think of telling him was that Jesus went through the same thing but much much worse. I also told him if he hates how the world treats him that the best he can do is not be like them. All the while in my head Im thinking the "odds" against him are great as experiencing evil is part of God's plan for us all.

He's a good kid as far as 17 year old boys go. He does really good in school and very rarely gets into trouble. He was even punched in the face by a so called friend of his and he didn't even fight back. If it was me I would have attempted to destroy the other kid. That made me so mad yet so proud of my son at the same time. He has his faults, but I choose to see the good side of him and I thank God.

Just wanted to vent a bit and maybe get some feedback if anyone is up for it. How can I comfort him better? Thanks for listening!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 10:59:40 PM by Porter »
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
Re: Cruel World
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 11:55:24 PM »

Just tell him you're human and how sorry you are. Years from now he will remember your sincere apology and not the criticism.

Porter

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 01:43:56 AM »

Thanks Dennis, that's exactly what I did. I still feel pretty horrible though, but I think he doesn't which is good.

He just woke up from a nap after I yelled at him. He ate dinner we talked a bit more and he seems ok now. He's gone out to go see his friends and he even told me he loved me before leaving. God is good.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

lareli

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 07:17:46 PM »

Ugh. Nothing makes me feel more disappointed in myself than those times that I loose my cool with my kids. I immediately get that feeling in the pit of my stomach and I just feel like the lowest person in the world. It doesn't happen often but when it does, the "fire" definitely has its way with me... that is the "fire" convicts me and makes me feel terrible about how I may have made my kids feel. A fruit of the spirit is self control and when I lose control or lose discipline over my emotions The Good Lord is merciful enough to grant repentance.. through the fire.

One thing I've realized though, is that kids are resilient and forgiving. I usually beat myself up about it for way longer than they are upset about it. I hate being the source of why my kids feel bad. I suppose it's a burden all parents must bear at times.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Porter

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 02:29:36 PM »

I hear ya largeli, loud and clear. Thanks for being able to relate and expressing your personal experiences.

I guess the reason I posted this was because I just felt really sorry for my son and I became very angry with the world and with myself. Really looking forward to that day when God judges the world (including myself) so it may learn righteousness.

Mr. Smith

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 12:54:34 PM »

Hello

I have been there, done that. Reconciliation is in order. I ask for forgiveness, and move forward in God's love. Continue to have awkward conversation, bc functional families talk. Create positive engagements, focus on the good, and know that it's never too late to make a good decision based on your values.  Anger is a result of being hurt or having unmet expectations. That is why if you have strong feeling about something it is important to keep them in check. Feelings are real, you can journal, log, ect. Always go to the root of the issues in life and ask God to help and lead you daily.

Best regards
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.