bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who's over Ray?  (Read 5862 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Who's over Ray?
« on: August 21, 2006, 10:33:50 AM »

are you under any authority here on earth other than any other self placed appointment.  what i am trying to ask is, who holds you accountably for some of your writing.  please dont answer no one other than God.  we both know what that answer means.  God expects us to be under the authority of someone.  overseer, bisop, sturctured organization.  are you on your own?  Has anyone set you forth to do this heretic hunting.

stephen

Dear Stephen:
    So "God expects us to be under the authority of someone: overseer, bishop, structured organization...."

Oh really?  And do you have chapter and verse on that bit of heresy, Stephen?

"But Jesus called them to Him and said unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise AUTHORITY upon them. But so shall it  N-O-T  BE AMONG YOU...."  (Mark 10:42-43).

Once chapter later Jesus said:  "And Jesus answering said unto them [as I am saying unto you, Stephen] NEITHER do I tell you by what authority I do these things"  (Mark 11:33).

Have a nice day,
    Ray

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Who's over Ray?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 10:37:37 AM »

> Jesus, in the scriptures you sent to me was setting forth the church in a way by
> telling the apostles that they are to follow him not the jewish religion. in
> the second set of scripture he was refering to himself, not you RAY.

Dear Stephen:

You will have to get up a little earlier in the morning than that, Stephen, if you think you can make me contradict myself:

Stephen!  Jesus was talking about the "AUTHORITY" that the GENTILES exercised, not the "Jewish religion." Now then, as you do not wish that anyone be directly under the authority of "God" but some organization of men, where is your Scripture for what authority the Apostles were directly UNDER, if not Jesus Christ Himself?  Where was their intermediator authority?  You speek as a fool.

We are to follow the foot steps of JESUS CHRIST, not the authority of man:  "For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that we should follow HIS STEPS [not some unauthorized instituionalized organization of men]" (I Peter. 2:21).

Furthermore:  "...as He IS, SO [also, likewise, in the same manner] ARE WE in this world" (I Peter 4:17).  No human self-appointed holier-than-thou MAN has one iota of spiritual authority over me!! And that is why I can teach the Truths of God, unfettered.

Sincerely,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.