bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pharisees and Sadducees  (Read 5012 times)

Musterseed

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • God is Love
Pharisees and Sadducees
« on: August 19, 2017, 06:22:08 PM »

Acts 23:6... Now when Paul precieved that one part were Sadducees and the other Pharisees, he cried out in the council etc. 
7...and when he said this, dissension arose between the Pharisees and Sadducees and the assembly was divided.
8...For the Sadducees say there is no resurrection, nor angel, nor spirit, but the Pharisees acknowledge them all.
Mark 12:18 .... And Sadducees came to Him who say there is no resurrection.
Matt 22:23... The same day Sadducees came to Him who say that there is no resurrection.
Matt 23... Seven woes to the Scribes and Pharisees ( no mention of Sadducees here)

Wow, I totally overlooked these Pharisees and Sadducees as two different groups of people.
I thought they were all the same with same beliefs but obviously not. There was arguing and dissension between them about the resurrection and the Romans had to remove Paul before the
Sadducees tore him apart. Nasty dudes. I remember Ray telling us who the modern day Pharisees
Are but what about the Sadducees, are there modern day Sadducees as well still different from the Pharisees or am I misunderstanding these scriptures. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you and have a Blessed Day.....Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Brenda

Re: Pharisees and Sadducees
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 07:47:20 AM »

Dear Pamela

You will get a clear understanding of whom is spoken of here - You Fools! You Hypocrites! You Snakes!

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 05:49:29 PM »

Thank you Brenda

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 08:52:25 PM »

Pamela, I don't know if this is helpful, but:

I've seen people apply the label "Sadducees" to various "leanings" in theological circles, from "Modernists" who allegedly deny the scripture (as opposed to fundamentalists who allegedly don't) to both "Social Gospel" adherents and "Prosperity Gospel" adherents  who seem to concentrate solely on the material well-being of their followers and/or the world as the measure of God's favor.

If we look at it from just the "doctrines" the Sadducees "denied", there is such a twisted mish-mash of belief in the various sects it makes the the Judaic versions in Acts impossible to pin 1:1 on any single sect of Christianity.  For instance, most Christians do not "theologically/doctrinally" (in their creeds) deny the resurrection of Christ (though some do).  But among those that don't, few believe He actually died--they will say they do, but they don't, because they don't believe when He died He was dead--so, in that way deny the Resurrection of Christ.  Likewise, they deny any resurrection because they don't believe the soul is mortal.  Indeed, they don't even know what a soul is.

So in that way, at least, pretty much the Entire Church is infested with the Leaven of the Sadducees, which is what Jesus warned against.  Years ago, I read an obituary that made no mention of the loved-one going to heaven or such, but was pretty accurate in attesting to the awaiting for Resurrection, but it was written sometime in the 1800's.  Maybe there is a little church or denomination somewhere that teaches the mortal soul and our only hope, but I don't know where or what it is.

Mat_16:6  Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.
Mat_16:11  How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?
Mat_16:12  Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

There's probably more to it in correlation--there usually is--but it's not so important to pin the entire label onto any particular group in Christendom as it is to beware of the Leaven/Doctrine.

There certainly are modern day spiritual Sadducees just as there are modern day spiritual Pharisees.  The one thing they have in common is false doctrine, though the "falseness" is not identical, still clashes, and is more convoluted now than anything that existed in the old days.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 09:51:16 PM »

Thank you Dave
The reason I was asking is because I read an article about the Pharisees and Sadducees, that they
basically represent church/Pharisees and state/political Sadducees . Sadducees were more
interested in materialism and power and we're opposed to Jesus and His ministery.They colluded
with the church back then and still do. When I reread Acts 23:8 I got curious. But yeah, it is what you said, these guys are full of false doctrines and I feel so blessed to know not to believe them .
I feel bad for those who are brainwashed with these lies but I also know that its all part of Our
God's master plan which is a brilliant masterpiece. In Christ, Pamela

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 11:24:17 PM »

There may be some truth in that.  I wouldn't argue against it.  But these days I am more wary of church government than the world's governments.  This "leaven" is spiritual before it is institutional.  That's the way things work.  We "act" upon the contents of our hearts, from the high to the low.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 11:37:14 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dave in Tenn

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 05:01:48 PM »

Thanks so much, will listen to those tonight. God Bless You,,,,Pamela

Sparrowvision

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 09:53:38 PM »

Thanks so much, will listen to those tonight. God Bless You,,,,Pamela
           Pamela....They were so SAD YOU SEE because they didn't believe in the resurrection !!! ;D

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 10:50:14 PM »

Hahaha,😂
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.