bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Night Seasons  (Read 3387 times)

HoneyLamb56

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Night Seasons
« on: September 04, 2017, 12:20:04 PM »

Psalm 16:7  "I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel; my heart also instructs me in the night seasons.   Does David mean "darkness"?

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Night Seasons
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 10:25:30 PM »

Almost all my translations have simply "night", and some seem to be saying "when night comes" or similar.

(DRB)  I will bless the Lord, who hath given me understanding: moreover, my reins (deepest thoughts) also have corrected me even till night.

(CLV)  I shall bless Yahweh Who has counseled me; Indeed, in the nights my innermost being has admonished me."

(Brenton)  I will bless the Lord who has instructed me; my reins too have chastened me even till night.

"Night seasons" is a translation of one Hebrew word:

H3915
לילה    ליל    ליל
layil  lêyl  layelâh
lah'-yil, lale, lah'-yel-aw
From the same as H3883; properly a twist (away of the light), that is, night; figuratively adversity: - ([mid-]) night (season).

Why?

« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 10:34:42 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.