bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello to all  (Read 4673 times)

John T.

Hello to all
« on: September 10, 2017, 04:46:02 AM »

After being shown more than a few truths by my Lord ( one of the greatest of which is this site) I am grateful to have been accepted as a new member and I extend heartfelt hello's to each of you and I thank God for all!

My name is John Seaton and I reside in Indiana. I am 48 years of age,married and a father of one son who is an adult,married also and by the grace of God is a fine young man. I was a heavy equipment operator but had to retire due to having Parkinson's disease. The Lord in His mercy and wisdom has used this to bless me, as it was one of the instrumental ways in which He called me. I thought I knew Him before this and of my own choice, but I now KNOW that I never had true knowledge of Him prior. Many strange things besides a disease have occurred that can only have been of God's doing! Again I am grateful and excited to see what God is doing, not only in me, but everyone else and I say hello to all my brothers and sisters!

God bless you and keep you
John

virginiabm

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Hello to all
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 09:53:01 AM »

Hello John, welcome to BT. I hope your journey here will be enlightening and encouraging. Thank God for His Blessing on us.

Virginia

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 12:03:11 PM »

Hi John,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. :)

René

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 01:03:47 PM »

Hello John.
I heard a song this morning with these words.

In the eye of the storm
You remain in control
Your Love surrounds me
You heal my soul
You alone are the anchor
When my sails are torn
Your Love surrounds me in the eye of the storm.

Seems befitting at this time of storms. BT is a safe haven and Jesus my anchor. Thank God for
using L Ray Smith to teach us .There is much wisdom here. God Bless You and bring you peace.

1 Tim. 2:4,,,, God our Savior who will have all men to be saved and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Praise the Lord, Praise His Holy Name.Come Lord Jesus, Thy will be done.  Amen.    Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

John T.

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 03:01:57 PM »

Thanks so much for your kind words ladies. People such as you are being used of Him to bless and encourage others and I would endeavor to do the same. Pamela, the song you referenced speaks to me profoundly. We all go through storms in life in the carnal,but the storms going on inside which is of a spiritual nature are what would seem to me to matter the most.

For I believe this is where Jesus Christ not only sees us through the carnal storm but he heals the internal storm raging as well, eventually making it calm "as a sea of glass". Praise Him for His tender mercies; I do not deserve such love. I can go through the storms of the sea and by the Grace of God we all can and will! God has humbled me and shown me that if you think your "storm" is too great to endure that there are many going through much rougher,harder and chaotic storms than I am. HE is there for us all and I praise Christ for this. I have read much of L. Ray Smith who was and still is a great teacher inspired from our King; and I believe in my heart of hearts that his reward will be great. I look forward to seeing this man eye to eye, and shaking his hand and embracing him. I will thank him for being strong,teaching and enduring so much and for being used of God even after his passing unto sleep.

Love in Christ,
John

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 04:34:16 PM »

Hi John.  It's very good to meet you.  Thanks for the intro.  It's an encouragement to me.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Joel

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 06:24:53 PM »

Hi John T.
It's good to hear from you, I was thinking the other day on the peace and rest that is in the Lord, and of his many blessings.
Matthew 11:28-30 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Joel

John from Kentucky

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 06:34:50 PM »

Hello.  Good name.

I don't know about living in Indiana.  I'll try not to judge.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 07:29:33 PM »

Welcome to the forum John.

John T.

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2017, 08:33:54 PM »

Thank you gentleman. That verse given by Joel sums up nicely what our Lord will do for us; thanks for that Joel. Dave, we all need encouragement and just reading what has been said has been uplifting for me.God bless you!

Dennis, I appreciate your welcoming kind sir. John from Kentucky;I couldn't help but smile. I have known and am related to a lot of people from Kentucky and I find that people there are good folk. My wife is originally from Owensboro and we get along pretty well after 20 years of marriage. As for the name we share there is more to a name than just a name! After Christ called and I turned and I heard,I went about saying to myself aloud "GOD IS GOOD" and I don't know why but I kept smiling to myself and saying that. Some weeks later I was having a bad spell and could hardly move to get out of bed that particular morning.

My wife was up before I and she will help me to get up and moving when I need her. That morning she had been on the laptop and she had for some reason been looking at name meanings and origins.She had looked at my name.She told me to look so I did. The name John means "God is Gracious" and then she showed me my middle name which is Toby. It means "God is Good". Instantly I felt better and the smile in my heart has not faltered but has grown with everything Christ is showing me. Indeed, GOD is good!

Worshiping in Truth and Spirit,
John

Stacey

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 11:30:29 AM »

Welcome aboard John T!

Interesting fun facts about the name John there. My father is a John T (John Thomas) and I am also a John (John Stacey).

God is gracious and good. See you around the neighborhood, peace.
Stacey

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2017, 06:12:17 AM »

Welcome John

Thanks for sharing. God is in control of all, it's a wonderful thing to be able to see that and experience it.

Rhys
🤫
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 24 queries.