bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Who are the Real Hebrew Israelites today  (Read 12635 times)

cheekie3

Who are the Real Hebrew Israelites today
« on: September 22, 2017, 05:34:56 PM »

All -

I recollect that Ray has stated that the Jews in Israel are not the real Hebrew Israelites; but I do not recollect that Ray ever mentioned who the real Hebrew Israelites were.

I got the impression that Ray knew who the real Hebrew Israelites were, and are.

Does anyone know if Ray ever spoke or wrote anything about the real Hebrew Israelites of today.

For any that may be thinking, why am I asking such a question, when it is all about the 'Spiritual' and not the 'natural' - we are all still natural living beings and those of us who are not of the natural Olive Tree of Israel, have been grafted into that natural Olive Tree - and The New Testament Scriptures state that a Remnant of the natural Olive tree He has preserved for Himself - albeit the Hebrew Israelites are now scattered all over the Earth.

Thank you all in advance.

Warmest Regards.

George

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Who are the Real Hebrew Israelites today
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 09:45:41 PM »

This video does not sound very interesting but there is something to learn in all of them.

How We Got The Bible - part 4 of 7  https://youtu.be/3JbOKu5Ento

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 08:29:22 PM »

I'm wondering, if the Jews in Israel are not the real Hebrew Israelites, why does God send historically bad weather to America whenever a serious push is made by the American government to "part His land" (Joel 3:2), in this ongoing "peace deal" between them and the arabs?

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 09:11:19 PM »

Among other things, that assumes God sends "historically bad weather to America whenever a serious push is made by the American government to "part His land" (Joel 3:2), in this ongoing "peace deal" between them and the arabs". 

I'd want to know first who was making that claim.

I don't believe Ray said that none of the Jews in Israel are physical "Jews" descended from the original tribes, only that some of them may not be.  Correct me if I'm wrong about what Ray said.

Please pardon me one further ignorance.  I'm not familiar with the term "Hebrew Israelites" and why there should be "real" ones and (presumably) "not real" ones.  Can someone explain that please?  "Real" HEBREW Israelites?  Real Hebrew ISRAELITES?  Or is the the combination of both that may or may not be real?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 09:17:20 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 01:09:45 AM »

Remember when Ray said there are Jews in Ethiopia? Cold black were his words but I forget which audio it was and why he said it in the first place. My memory stinks.🤔
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 09:47:57 AM »

Hi Dave, and to everyone else:

"I'd want to know first who was making that claim"

1) I have been personally observing this phenomenon for the past 3 years by carefully watching the news from Israel. Until recently this mostly involved the organization called "The Quartet", which is comprised of The United Nations, America, Russia, and The European Union. It's very easy to do. The thing you have to do is watch whenever someone who represents the American government (The President or any of his representatives) makes a serious push for the nation of Israel to give up more land to the "Palestinians" (Philistines), OR if they harshly criticize Israel for their God Given Land (Genesis 15:18). I mark the date on my calendar for when any meeting is scheduled for this "peace" process, and IF PROGRESS towards giving up land is made or attempted to be made, God responds. His response depends on the EFFORTS made by America, and also Europe.

2) I first learned of this phenomenon from the books called "The Israel Omen" and "The Israel Omen II", by David Brennan. I decided to test his theory out by observing, for myself, whether this phenomenon is true. For the past 3 years, I have observed 12 such events, on my own watch. Here is the list, and I hope you all don't mind a really long post replete with examples, but since people have rightly wanted more information on this topic...

a) The Quartet met on September 30th, 2015. The next day, Hurricane Joaquin strengthened from a Cat. 2 to a Cat. 4. Although it never made landfall in the U.S., another large storm system over the southeast drew tremendous moisture from the hurricane, resulting in catastrophic 1 in 1000 year flooding in South Carolina, and resulted in 19 deaths (Wikipedia).
b) Hurricane Patricia caused severe flooding in southern Texas on October 24-25 of 2015. The mideast "Quartet" met on October 23rd in Vienna "to coordinate messages, and to pass a STRONG MESSAGE to the parties to calm down the situation on the ground".
c) On Friday June 3rd 2016, the same day that an international conference of the French initiative to FORCE peace talks on Israel occurred in Paris, floodwaters in Paris reached peak levels in what was declared a natural disaster. The Louvre museum was closed as staff hurriedly moved artworks out of the flood path. Secretary of State John Kerry also attended this conference. And severe thunderstorms drenched southeast Texas leading to flash flooding, forcing Governor Greg Abbott to declare a state of disaster for 31 counties. 5 Fort Hood soldiers died as floodwaters overturned their army truck.
d) On August 31st 2016, the Obama administration issued a FIRM REBUKE to Israel for approving 463 housing units in Samaria, CONDEMNING the move and warning that Israel risked undermining "the prospects for a two-state solution". Two days later, Hurricane Hermine made landfall in Florida on September 2nd 2016, with total economic losses across the United States reaching US $550 million (Wikipedia).
e) On Friday September 23rd 2016, the Mideast "Quartet" blasted Israeli "settlements" and claimed they are an obstacle towards peace, emphasizing it's "strong opposition" to construction in Judea and Samaria. Meanwhile, deadly midwest flooding occurred in Wisconsin. "In my 33 years in Vernon County law enforcement, this is the worst I've ever seen," Sheriff John Spears told the AP while surveying flood damage in Victory. "This has been devastating." Minnesota and Iowa also experienced major flooding.
f) On Wednesday October 5th 2016, State Department spokesman Mark Toner issued a SHARP CONDEMNATION of Israel over their approval of construction of homes on state owned land in Shilo for Israelis who were evicted from the community of Amona. Mark Toner called it "another step towards cementing a one state reality of perpetual occupation". (As an aside, the Lord told Abram in Genesis 15:18 that his natural descendants would be given the land from the Nile to the Euphrates rivers). And what happened? Hurricane Matthew happened. In total, the storm killed 47 people in the US, including 26 in North Carolina, 12 in Florida, 3 in Georgia, 4 in South Carolina, and 2 in Virginia.[118][119][120][121] According to the National Centers for Environmental Information, damage from Matthew across the United States reached approximately $10 billion. This ranked it the costliest national disaster in the country for 2016 alongside record floods in Louisiana.[122] (Wikipedia).
g) On Friday October 14th 2016, The United States criticized Israeli policies in Judea and Samaria during a UN Security Council discussion. The meeting was entitled "Illegal Israeli Settlements: Obstacles to Peace and the Two-State Solution". The U.S. representative to the session, Deputy U.S. Ambassador to the UN David Pressman, said Washington is "deeply concerned and STRONGLY OPPOSES settlements which are corrosive to peace". The next day, October 15th 2016, a powerful storm system hit the Pacific Northwest, bringing down trees and power lines, leaving tens of thousands without power, after the remnants of a TYPHOON hit the area. Two rare tornados tore through Tillamook County, Oregon.
h) On May 4th 2017, Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu said that he "looks forward to discussing with President Trump the best ways to advance peace. This is something we fervently share with the president", after Trump met with PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas, who lyingly said that "the Palestinians teach their children peace". Donald Trump has made it clear he wants a peace deal done. On that same day, historic flooding begins in Missouri, Arkansas, and Illinois, leading to 10 deaths over the next several days.
i) On June 21st 2017, Prime Minister Netanyahu met with President Donald Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner, Middle East envoy Jason Greenblatt, and US Ambassador to Israel David Friedman to discuss the peace process with the Palestinian Authority. On June 22nd, Tropical Storm Cindy made landfall in Louisiana and Texas, leading to 2 deaths and the usual flooding outages and trees down. It also affected Alabama and Tennessee.
j) On July 13th 2017, the Mideast Quartet met with US special envoy Jason Greenblatt. That same day, storms pummelled the Midwest and Northeast with rain, triggering widespread flash flooding from Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, New York, and into Massachusetts.

And now, for the most dramatic examples of God's anger (just lately) towards this phony peace process:

k) On Thursday August 24th 2017, President Trump praised Prime Minister Netanyahu following a meeting between the Prime Minister and Trump's son-in-law and senior advisor, Jared Kushner. "Thank you Prime Minister and Jared," Trump wrote via Instagram. "Let's advance #Peace, #Prosperity, and #Security in the area." (As an aside, you might want to look at 1 Thessalonians 5:3, which states that when they shall say Peace Safety (or Security), then cometh sudden destruction, like labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they shall not escape). The very next day, Hurricane Harvey made landfall in Texas, with never before seen 4 feet of rainfall in some areas of Texas, and leaving Houston devastated.
l) On September 7th 2017, President Trump called a potential two-state solution "the world's most complex and difficult deal," but expressed hope for peace in the region and said that "we are working" on a solution to the Israel-Palestinian conflict. On September 10th, Hurricane Irma made landfall in Florida, devastating the Florida Keys, and causing 50 deaths and 50 billion dollars in damages (Wikipedia)

In conclusion, this phenomenon has been well observed and documented since 1991, beginning with "The Perfect Storm". Some of the more notable examples include Hurricane Katrina in 2005, which formed after the last Jews were forcibly evacuated from The Gaza Strip, as well as Hurricane Andrew in 1992, and so many other examples too numerous to mention.

To me, it's exciting to be able to visibly watch God at work in this world, and to know that the Lord Jesus' return is getting closer.

cheekie3

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 11:46:24 AM »

Dave -

Regarding your questions about the terms 'Hebrew Israelites':

Among other things, that assumes God sends "historically bad weather to America whenever a serious push is made by the American government to "part His land" (Joel 3:2), in this ongoing "peace deal" between them and the arabs". 

I'd want to know first who was making that claim.

I don't believe Ray said that none of the Jews in Israel are physical "Jews" descended from the original tribes, only that some of them may not be.  Correct me if I'm wrong about what Ray said.

Please pardon me one further ignorance.  I'm not familiar with the term "Hebrew Israelites" and why there should be "real" ones and (presumably) "not real" ones.  Can someone explain that please?  "Real" HEBREW Israelites?  Real Hebrew ISRAELITES?  Or is the the combination of both that may or may not be real?

Unless I am mistaken, the following (KJV) New Testament Scriptures, especially 2 Corinthians 11:22, indicate that the natural descendants of Abraham / Isaac / Jacob, are referenced as either 'Hebrews' or 'Israelites' or both; and Jesus spoke to Saul in the Hebrew Language:

Acts 6:1
And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration.

Acts 26:14
And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

2 Corinthians 11:22
Are they Hebrews? so am I. Are they Israelites? so am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? so am I

Philippians 3:5
circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

Hebrews 13:25
Grace be with you all. Amen. Written to the Hebrews from Italy by Timothy.

Romans 9:4
who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

Perhaps I should have used the term 'Hebrews / Israelites'?

Regarding what Ray said about the State of modern Israel - I recollect that Ray said something like 'and I do not mean those in the State of Israel', when he was referring to modern day 'Hebrews' / 'Israelites'.

I understand that Ethiopians are all non-white, or mostly non-white; and I understand that some Ethiopians are now living in the modern State of Israel.

Regarding the recent tragic weather that has wiped out a lot of homes, crops, etc, and caused devastation - I understand that there are at least two schools of thought about this:

1. They are all 'Acts of God'.
2. There are weather weapons around that can manipulate weather, and pinpoint where the damage is to be done.

I know that Our Heavenly Father is Sovereign, and He is responsible for all things - but He made mankind accountable for all that they do.

As far as I am aware, The Old Testament Scriptures and The New Testament Scriptures do not confirm that the formation of the modern State of Israel is in the 'Prophecies' spoken by the Hebrew / Israelite Prophets.

I thought Ray taught that the 'Hebrews / Israelites' are scattered all over the Earth; and that in this current Age of His Grace, a remnant of the 'Hebrews / Israelites' will be saved.

Warmest Regards.

George

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 05:18:38 PM »

Ya'll are talking over my pay-grade.

Let's at least make THIS effort.  Instead of bringing up something we think Ray may have said, locate the article or transcript and bring it to the forum.  Frankly, I don't recall Ray making any statement that led me to a broad conclusion about whether the Jews in the State of Israel were (mostly) not genuine physical Hebrews/Jews/Israelites.  I recall very vividly that he taught as Paul did that "physical Israel" is not the True Circumcision, except for a few.

I've misquoted and/or misunderstood Ray myself on occasions, so I know it can be done.  It IS asking a lot, I know...but how else are we going to follow the purpose of the forum? 

"At least two schools of thought" about the storms is an understatement.

Somehow I knew there was a book or two behind the other thoughts, though there are so many books, I can't follow them all.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2017, 07:52:46 PM »

I fully agree with Dave.

When I see these long threads discussing physical Jews and Israel, I start looking for some spiritual gun to shoot myself in the head.  Soooooo boring.

We need to come out of false teachings.

None of the Old Testament figures and the physical Hebrews, Israelites, Jews are all that important.  David was a murderer, filled with hate, and the last word out of his mouth was blood.  John the Baptist was the greatest of them all, but Jesus said the least in the Kingdom of God would be greater than the Baptist.  There is a Scripture that tells us the OT things are there only for examples for the Elect.  The last shall be first, and the first shall be last.

Here it is in a nutshell from the inspired writings of Paul, primarily Galatians and Romans and  Hebrews.

It is Jesus Who is the Seed, and inheritor of the promises, not Isaac.  It is through Jesus that all the nations of the world will be blessed (Genesis), which is universal salvation of all.  If you have the Spirit of Jesus within you, then you are His descendant, and one of the "Israel of God", a Spiritual Jew, the Elect, and will inherit all things, as will eventually all mankind.  That is the Good News.

So be happy and ditch all the false teachings about physical Israel.

It is all about Jesus and how He will bring about the salvation of all and God will be all in all.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 09:13:47 PM »

Thank you John.

And I can say as a fact that Ray did not speak favorably about the current country of Israel. He spoke most unfavorably of it.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 09:15:52 PM by Dennis Vogel »

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2017, 10:08:58 PM »

Thanks John
Straight and to the point. I like that.
Please help me out here. I didn't even know what false teachings were until I was guided to reading the Bible, (NT) first. It was a year or more before I joined BT as a member even though I
tried a few times and finally I got in and started reading all of your testaments and stories of Babylon and your church experiences. Honestly, I had no idea it was so evil. Actually I felt guilty
for not raising my kids in church, and when we moved here I told my husband my dream of living in a little town, hearing the bells ring every Sunday and attending church. Haha, Thanks be to Jesus Christ for making me deaf to those false church bells.  I have even taken to reading the comments of Christians on FB and I know that this is God's plan for Salvation for all so
I am now understanding more of what all of your stories mean to you and coming out of her. I now see even more now that I see some of my friends back home are putting prayers and pics of
Haggie and all the other evil snakes on their FB posts. I want to say something to them but I know I should not. The beast in me torments me to say something but little by little Jesus is kicking his butt.This judgement is very difficult but I am greatful for every day , hour, minute, second that I have with
Our Saviour. It is hard for me to understand sometimes, I used to envy you guys because your knowledge is awesome, but now I wait for the spiritual lightbulb moments like your shoot from the hip post John.
Please help me with this one
The last shall be first,,,, The last spiritual New Testament shall be first resurrection (the few)
The first shall be last,,, The physical Old Testament shall be last resurrection (the many)
I Love the NT scriptures but as often as I try to understand the OT which is every day and appreciate  the stories, I really
have to read and read and read for one or two lightbulbs to blink. I know Ray said that the Elect few are the True Jews, the converted and the only way to understand the deep mysteries of God, deep symbolic mysteries is to be converted and receive from God , His Holy Spirit.
Is my understanding correct and if not , will you please correct me?
Ray said Jesus didn't speak archaic King James and as I do love scripture, I also appreciate
a short and sweet lesson. May God's Grace be with all of you ,Pamela

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2017, 10:10:36 PM »

Ray called Israel, A swill of a place.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2017, 11:10:45 PM »

Thanks John
Straight and to the point. I like that.
Please help me out here. I didn't even know what false teachings were until I was guided to reading the Bible, (NT) first. It was a year or more before I joined BT as a member even though I
tried a few times and finally I got in and started reading all of your testaments and stories of Babylon and your church experiences. Honestly, I had no idea it was so evil. Actually I felt guilty
for not raising my kids in church, and when we moved here I told my husband my dream of living in a little town, hearing the bells ring every Sunday and attending church. Haha, Thanks be to Jesus Christ for making me deaf to those false church bells.  I have even taken to reading the comments of Christians on FB and I know that this is God's plan for Salvation for all so
I am now understanding more of what all of your stories mean to you and coming out of her. I now see even more now that I see some of my friends back home are putting prayers and pics of
Haggie and all the other evil snakes on their FB posts. I want to say something to them but I know I should not. The beast in me torments me to say something but little by little Jesus is kicking his butt.This judgement is very difficult but I am greatful for every day , hour, minute, second that I have with
Our Saviour. It is hard for me to understand sometimes, I used to envy you guys because your knowledge is awesome, but now I wait for the spiritual lightbulb moments like your shoot from the hip post John.
Please help me with this one
The last shall be first,,,, The last spiritual New Testament shall be first resurrection (the few)
The first shall be last,,, The physical Old Testament shall be last resurrection (the many)
I Love the NT scriptures but as often as I try to understand the OT which is every day and appreciate  the stories, I really
have to read and read and read for one or two lightbulbs to blink. I know Ray said that the Elect few are the True Jews, the converted and the only way to understand the deep mysteries of God, deep symbolic mysteries is to be converted and receive from God , His Holy Spirit.
Is my understanding correct and if not , will you please correct me?
Ray said Jesus didn't speak archaic King James and as I do love scripture, I also appreciate
a short and sweet lesson. May God's Grace be with all of you ,Pamela

Hi Pamela,
I am still at work.  Been working 7 days a week due to a computer conversion.  Have to learn to do things another way than I have done before.  So I will take a break to answer your question.

First principles.  Only Jesus is our teacher.  Trust no man.  If any have true understanding, it is only through the Spirit of God, in many cases through others who have come before.

How do we know the Truth?  Through the Two Witnesses.  It is written, "Out of the mouth of two or three witnesses
let every word be established."  And, yes, that is stated several times in the Scriptures.

Since I am at work, I do not have my study materials and Scriptures before me.  So you are getting my answer from memory.

Yes, the New Testament Elect, from the Day of Pentecost (almost two thousand years ago) until the return of Jesus will take precedent over the ones in the Old Testament.  The Spirit of God was first given on Pentecost.

That fulfills the Scripture of the first shall be last, and the last shall be first.

Also fulfills the Scriptures of the second son being placed before the first son.  Cain and Abel, it was Abel who was given priority.  Ishmael and Isaac, Isaac received the promises.  Esau and Jacob, Jacob received the birthright.  Manasseh and  Ephraim, the second son Ephraim took precedence.

Also the NT Scripture that listed the OT personages and said that they died without receiving the promises.  The last line stating that they without us would not receive the promises.  Ray discussed that point in one of his writings.

Hope the above helps.  Have to go back to work.  Take care.

John

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2017, 09:42:32 AM »

Good morning John
It certainly does help and Thank you for taking time for me . I am in realization of the two witness now when I read a scripture and know I saw it somewhere else and also learning to match spiritual with spiritual. Yes, Jesus is our greatest teacher and sometimes he inspires us to get a little from our friends 😁
The teaching of the many and the few, the old and the new, what is false, what is true is falling into place and I know I can only do as the Lord wants and not what my impatient nature wants.
Your explanation of the second son being placed by the first never registered when I read the stories in the OT, that helps a lot. Once again John, Thank you 😊.  Pamela

John from Kentucky

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2017, 03:41:30 PM »

Good morning John
It certainly does help and Thank you for taking time for me . I am in realization of the two witness now when I read a scripture and know I saw it somewhere else and also learning to match spiritual with spiritual. Yes, Jesus is our greatest teacher and sometimes he inspires us to get a little from our friends 😁
The teaching of the many and the few, the old and the new, what is false, what is true is falling into place and I know I can only do as the Lord wants and not what my impatient nature wants.
Your explanation of the second son being placed by the first never registered when I read the stories in the OT, that helps a lot. Once again John, Thank you 😊.  Pamela

First page of the website.  Just below the Lake of Fire articles.  Three articles down is an article called "12 Truths to Understanding His Word."

Truth # 6 is about the two witnesses.

All 12 truths are a magnificent exposition of the Scriptures in simple, plain English.  Those 12 truths will raise the spiritual I.Q. of anyone, even if they only have a smidgen of the Spirit.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 04:40:55 PM »

John
Thank you for directions to the piece of realestate I must buy that holds much treasure for me.
I will start digging tonight.😁 Thank you very much John.     Pamela

octoberose

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 06:35:13 PM »

I'll try not to stray too far from the subject:
  I listened to the lecture from Ray that Dennis referred us to. The very last thing Ray says is that he had an idea when the 1000 years would be up. Does anyone know what he thought that was?

I'm not disagreeing with anyone here, but I wanted to put this verse out there because it's about the law and fulfillment :
   "Do not think that I have come to abolish  the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished."   Matthew 5     So since heaven and earth has not ended, the law has not been fully fulfilled .

To be honest with you (well, I always am) I'm struggling with Revelations. I always do, but lately it's a lot.  Ray only got so far in his Revelation study and then it's confusing to me when he talks about 9/11 and how until that event he truly did not think there was any way to know how quickly the Kingdom would be coming. But after 9/11, and referring to those verses in Isaiah 30, he changed his mind. So, what else is there that we aren't seeing?  I struggle with every number being just a symbol because can't a number ( like 1000) be a literal number?  And  the seventy weeks of Daniel and times and half a time, etc.  Revelations is suppose to reveal His word to us , not cover it up.  And also there's a lot of old testament prophecy  that has not yet come to pass and it has to come to pass to fulfill all so shouldn't we study it?

Oh, and the two witnesses - that's so interesting it's brought up because I was reading about the two witnesses in Revelations and how they were dead and then rise again. What could that be about in Revelations if we understand the two witnesses to be two or three witnesses to the truth?  Ray did not think these were people or spiritual beings, just biblical truths?  But how does that fit? I don't understand it.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 08:07:11 PM »

Octoberrose, here's the passage to which you referred.

Rev 11:3  and I will give to My two witnesses, and they shall prophesy days, a thousand, two hundred, sixty, arrayed with sackcloth;
Rev 11:4  (these are the two olive trees , and the two lamp-stands that before the God of the earth do stand);
Rev 11:5  and if any one may will to injure them, fire doth proceed out of their mouth, and doth devour their enemies, and if any one may will to injure them, thus it behoveth him to be killed.
Rev 11:6  These have authority to shut the heaven, that it may not rain rain in the days of their prophecy, and authority they have over the waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the land with every plague, as often as they may will.
Rev 11:7  `And when they may finish their testimony, the beast that is coming up out of the abyss shall make war with them, and overcome them, and kill them,
Rev 11:8  and their dead bodies are upon the broad-place of the great city (that is called spiritually Sodom, and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified,)
Rev 11:9  and they shall behold--they of the peoples, and tribes, and tongues, and nations--their dead bodies three days and a half, and their dead bodies they shall not suffer to be put into tombs,
Rev 11:10  and those dwelling upon the land shall rejoice over them, and shall make merry, and gifts they shall send to one another, because these--the two prophets--did torment those dwelling upon the land.'

I can't say I understand every symbol in even this passage...but it doesn't matter horribly, because it is the principle that counts.  For evidence, notice 11:4 (which I put in parentheses) which also refers to the Two Witnesses in 11:3.

Follow on to the bolded verses.  Do you understand them?  I think you do, even if you think you don't.   ;D  You've lived these. 

Rev 22:6  And he said to me, `These words are stedfast and true, and the Lord God of the holy prophets did send His messenger to shew to His servants the things that it behoveth to come quickly:
Rev 22:7  Lo, I come quickly (suddenly); happy is he who is keeping the words of the prophecy of this scroll.'

Be encouraged, not perplexed.  Almost everybody who has posted a "testimony" in this forum has "testified" to these things and has kept (to whatever degree and to whatever understanding) the "words of the prophecy of this scroll."  Nobody will know they are or have, however, until they look back.  Don't let theology (or eschatology) rob you of your own precious experience.  Be happy.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 08:54:40 PM by Dave in Tenn »

John from Kentucky

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2017, 09:38:35 PM »

The Book of Revelation is not for the young.  It is not literal, but symbolic.  As Ray said, all the symbols are explained elsewhere in the Scriptures.

As for the two witnesses, they are not two literal men.  The Lord of the whole earth would not allow two mere men to be His witnesses.

The two witnesses of Rev 11:3 are the two olive trees and two lamps stands of Rev 11:4, which are explained in Zechariah 4:3-6 and 4:11-14.

But, alas, the two olive trees and two lamp stands in Zechariah are also symbols.  The meaning of olive oil is explained in other Scriptures.

But you do not have to go far because Zechariah 4:6 gives the answer,

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit says the LORD of hosts."  Get it?

Or you can read Ray's truth #6 in his article "12 Truths to Understanding His Word" for a plainer explanation of the two witnesses, without all the symbolism.

Take Ray's explanation into the discussion of the two witnesses in Rev 11:3 and thereafter, and with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, understanding will come as long as you do not take the symbols literally, and if God wants you to understand at this time.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2017, 11:36:33 PM »

I studied about the two witness tonight. My understanding is that they are the two scriptures that must match, and match
Spiritually as a witness to God's truth. Christiandom will cherry pick only one scripture that will tickle your ears and and deceive you to think the scriptures are literal instead of spiritual. With that said " All is of God" . With the two witnesses, the modern day snakes don't have a leg to slither on
and they know it. Before I came to BT I thought the Bible was literal and I wore big fuzzy pajamas
to bed , even though I was going through menopause because I didn't want to be caught naked
when Jesus came 😂😂😂 my husband thought I was nuts ,for a long time, so did I. I did a lot of crazy stuff but going forward, I to thought the two witness were men but I read that the scripture
of Elijah and Moses returning was just a vision and not literal as the church would like you to believe. These modern day Pharisees, Sadducees, Scribes , priests, theological parasites, TV evangelicals, pastors, etc are very evil and I am just beginning to see from reading the 911 papers and Tophet of old just how evil they are but I also know for sure that evil is framed by God, He runs the whole show, and everything is going according to plan, God's plan for the salvation of mankind .I think it was Awesomesaviour who said it was exciting or something like that to watch Our Fathers work. It reminded me of when Jesus was just
a young lad of 12 and told His mom and dad that I must be about my Fathers business. I thought,
well, He is still about His Fathers business and we have been give the honour to participate even though sometimes we don't want to. These are some scary times for sure and I really think about my kids and grandkids the most but I cannot help them, only God can do that.
I believe when Ray said there's not enough power in this world to take down BT. I truely believe
we are here to become more and more like Jesus every day, a little at a time and he's providing
everything we need and will until the resurrection of the Elect and the White Throne Judgement. It's all going to be wonderfully weaved together, I can't wait 😊 Dave is right about being happy.
Some days it's very difficult with that beast tagging along all the time but I know Jesus is in control of everything. This is only an observation but it seems that the turmoil of the world is happening quite quickly, but then my quickly is not God's quickly . If there is anything in my post that you think is incorrect please correct me. I feel very joyous tonight after reading the 12 truths I think I at least have one eye to see and one ear to hear.  I have gone on to long but it's John's fault, he
was a tool for Jesus. I just called you a tool John and I know your not offended. 😜

Rom.15:3... May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony
                   with one another in accordance with Christ Jesus that together you may with one
                    Voice, Glorify the God and Father of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore welcome one
                     another as Christ has welcomed you from the Glory of God.
Rom.15:13.... May the God of Hope fill you with all JOY and PEACE in believing so that by the
                      power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in HOPE.

Praise the Lord, Praise His Holy name. Amen

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 23 queries.