bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Isaiah 24: Judgment on the Earth  (Read 5292 times)

cheekie3

Isaiah 24: Judgment on the Earth
« on: October 13, 2017, 05:58:22 AM »

Isaiah 24 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Judgment on the Earth

1 Behold, the LORD lays the earth waste, devastates it, distorts its surface and scatters its inhabitants.
2 And the people will be like the priest, the servant like his master, the maid like her mistress, the buyer like the seller, the lender like the borrower, the creditor like the debtor.
3 The earth will be completely laid waste and completely despoiled, for the LORD has spoken this word.
4 The earth mourns and withers, the world fades and withers, the exalted of the people of the earth fade away. 5 The earth is also polluted (a)by its inhabitants, for they transgressed laws, violated statutes, broke the everlasting covenant.
6 Therefore, a curse devours the earth, and those who live in it are held guilty. Therefore, the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men are left.
7 The new wine mourns, The vine decays, All the merry-hearted sigh.
8 The gaiety of tambourines ceases, The noise of revelers stops, The gaiety of the harp ceases.
9 They do not drink wine with song; Strong drink is bitter to those who drink it.
10 The city of chaos is broken down; Every house is shut up so that none may enter.
11 There is an outcry in the streets concerning the wine; All joy (b)turns to gloom. The gaiety of the earth is banished.
12 Desolation is left in the city And the gate is battered to ruins.
13 For thus it will be in the midst of the earth among the peoples, As the (c)shaking of an olive tree, As the gleanings when the grape harvest is over.
14 They raise their voices, they shout for joy; They cry out from the (d)west concerning the majesty of the LORD.
15 Therefore glorify the LORD in the (e)east, The name of the LORD, the God of Israel,In the (f)coastlands of the sea.
16 From the ends of the earth we hear songs, “Glory to the Righteous One,” But I say, “(g)Woe to me! (h)Woe to me! Alas for me! The treacherous deal treacherously, And the treacherous deal very treacherously.”
17 Terror and pit and snare (i)Confront you, O inhabitant of the earth.
18 Then it will be that he who flees the (j)report of disaster will fall into the pit, And he who (k)climbs out of the pit will be caught in the snare; For the windows (l)above are opened, and the foundations of the earth shake.
19 The earth is broken asunder, The earth is split through, The earth is shaken violently.
20 The earth reels to and fro like a drunkard And it totters like a (m)shack, For its transgression is heavy upon it, And it will fall, never to rise again.
21 So it will happen in that day, That the LORD will punish the host of (n)heaven on high, And the kings of the earth on earth.
22 They will be gathered together Like prisoners in the (o)dungeon, And will be confined in prison; And after many days they will be punished.
23 Then the moon will be abashed and the sun ashamed, or the LORD of hosts will reign on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem, And His glory will be before His elders.

Footnotes:

1.   Isaiah 24:5 Lit under
2.   Isaiah 24:11 Lit is darkened
3.   Isaiah 24:13 Lit striking
4.   Isaiah 24:14 Lit sea
5.   Isaiah 24:15 Lit region of light
6.   Isaiah 24:15 Or islands
7.   Isaiah 24:16 Lit Wasting to me!
8.   Isaiah 24:16 Lit Wasting to me!
9.   Isaiah 24:17 Lit Are upon you
10.   Isaiah 24:18 Lit sound of terror
11.   Isaiah 24:18 Lit goes up from the midst of
12.   Isaiah 24:18 Lit from the height; i.e. heaven
13.   Isaiah 24:20 Or hut
14.   Isaiah 24:21 Lit the height in the height
15.   Isaiah 24:22 Lit pit

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Isaiah 24: Judgment on the Earth
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 02:30:57 PM »

What is the point here? Or is this teaching?

cheekie3

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 02:46:33 PM »

Dennis -

No teaching.

I posted it merely to show that all will be made new in the end.

Please remove the Post.

George.

Vera

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 08:37:52 PM »

Thank you George, this is the true word of God isn't it? Why would have to be removed  Denis?
Glory to our Lord Jesus Christ. Yes all will be made new in the end.
Vera

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 10:29:51 PM »

Thank you George, this is the true word of God isn't it? Why would have to be removed  Denis?
Vera

I never said I was going to remove it Vera. But a little more explanation would have helped me.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 02:50:01 AM »

I have a pretty basic question concerning "judgement".  We all know the scripture:

(KJV)  With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

So then, is "judgement" the thing that precedes "learning righteousness"--like a parent says to child, "You'll get punished every time you hit your little brother until you learn not to hit your little brother."?  Or is "judgement" the actual thing by which we learn righteousness--like a guitar teacher working with a student until the student learns to play?

I ask because Ray stressed the "educational" aspect of judgement, but both of those 'scenarios' end with at least a similar (?) result--kid learns.

Or is it that both of those are just two tools in His box?

Or something else I've not mentioned? 

This question is not rhetorical.  Thoughts from Ray I've overlooked, spiritual matches to that verse, or any other comments are welcome.     
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:53:07 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

cheekie3

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 04:03:36 AM »

Dave -

Good Question:

I have a pretty basic question concerning "judgement".  We all know the scripture:

(KJV)  With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

So then, is "judgement" the thing that precedes "learning righteousness"--like a parent says to child, "You'll get punished every time you hit your little brother until you learn not to hit your little brother."?  Or is "judgement" the actual thing by which we learn righteousness--like a guitar teacher working with a student until the student learns to play?

I ask because Ray stressed the "educational" aspect of judgement, but both of those 'scenarios' end with at least a similar (?) result--kid learns.

Or is it that both of those are just two tools in His box?

Or something else I've not mentioned? 

This question is not rhetorical.  Thoughts from Ray I've overlooked, spiritual matches to that verse, or any other comments are welcome.     

To me, and from my own severe painful experience, after being dragged to Him - 'judgement' is His Chastisement of those He Loves and Calls His Sons and Daughters - whereby He puts us through His Fire (and the pain is almost too much to bear - and you cry for it to stop - but He will not let it stop - as we must all endure it) - and He does not let us go left or right, or up or down, but right through each ordeal by fire - as He is refining our Characters to be Like Him - as He is producing His Fruit of His Holy Spirit, in each of His Called Out, Called Out, and Chosen, Elect.

Is this not expounded in Hebrews 12 and Galatians 5?

Hebrews 12 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV):

1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. 4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. 5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: 6 for whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. 7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? 8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye ********, and not sons. 9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? 10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. 11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. 12 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; 13 and make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. 14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: 15 looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled; 16 lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright. 17 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

18 For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest, 19 and the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more: 20 (for they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart: 21 and so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake:) 22 but ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 and to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel. 25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven: 26 whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven. 27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain. 28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: 29 for our God is a consuming fire.

Galatians 5 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV):

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. 2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. 3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. 4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. 5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. 6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love. 7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth? 8 This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you. 9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump. 10 I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be. 11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased. 12 I would they were even cut off which trouble you.

13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. 14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Regarding the judgement of the wicked - I am not so sure about - but as He will Save All - including Satan - it may well be that He first destroys their works - and then He puts them all through His Fore of Chastisement, like He has been doing with His Elect for the past two thousand years or so.

Galatians 5:22-25 Phillips:

22-25 The Spirit however, produces in human life fruits such as these: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, fidelity, tolerance and self-control—and no law exists against any of them. Those who belong to Christ have crucified their old nature with all that it loved and lusted for. If our lives are centred in the Spirit, let us be guided by the Spirit.

As shown in Hebrews 12 and Galatians 5 - is it not all about 'His Fruit of His Holy Spirit', which to me, is His Holiness, Purity and Character?

That is why I continually evaluate my standing in Him, and the deepest desires of my heart, against these nine Fruit - in order to ascertain if I am Right with Him - or if I am deluding myself in some way - as I have found that His Truths really do destroy all lies - and that His Truth really does set us free, from each, and every lie, that is exposed to us, by Him.

Warmest Regards.

George

cheekie3

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 04:10:29 AM »

Vera

I never said I was going to remove it Vera. But a little more explanation would have helped me.

1. Vera -

Yes, it will be wondrous when all this is over, and all things are made New by Him, for our benefit.

2. Dennis -

Point taken, and accepted.

I have tried recently to simply post Scriptures, with little, or no words, from me; but I can see now, that it is necessary to provide the reason for the post:

Warmest Regards.

George
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 23 queries.