bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why God commanded the killing of infants?  (Read 16426 times)

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
Re: Why God commanded the killing of infants?
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2017, 09:19:01 PM »

Hi Karen_47

Without further miscommunication, I’ll just say that I don’t suppose any questions would be off limits.. who is God, why does God, how does God.. or even how could God.. perhaps asking difficult questions is akin to “wrestling with God” which yields a blessing.. but the church would have me believe that asking difficult questions is akin to “attacking” God.

Questions lead to answers and true answers destroy the doctrine of the church. “The truth will set you free.”

Proverbs 25:2
It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Floyd Khazamula

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2017, 05:42:26 AM »

I wonder how did the Israelites feel when God gave them that commandment.Did they think "whoa!Kill suckling babies?"

I think it must've been difficult for them to follow through..

Perhaps it may have been a test on whether they will OBEY God above everything.Reminds me of whomever loves brother,mother,sister more than Jesus,is not worthy to be his disciple.

His commandments are difficult to follow!

Rolihlala & everyone on BT,
My take on this is quite profound, God has given up his own & only Son, Jesus Christ, to be slaughtered in the most horrible way. This was of course in the New Testament. Why do we continue to question God's sovereignty instead of accepting it? Why do we continue belittling God to the statue of a human? He is way above that & as those who are starting to see the truth, it's kind of ludicrous to still ask this questions in the way you do. "Has there been evil in the City & God has not done it?

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2017, 11:39:17 AM »

I wonder how did the Israelites feel when God gave them that commandment.Did they think "whoa!Kill suckling babies?"

I think it must've been difficult for them to follow through..

Perhaps it may have been a test on whether they will OBEY God above everything.Reminds me of whomever loves brother,mother,sister more than Jesus,is not worthy to be his disciple.

His commandments are difficult to follow!

Rolihlala & everyone on BT,
My take on this is quite profound, God has given up his own & only Son, Jesus Christ, to be slaughtered in the most horrible way. This was of course in the New Testament. Why do we continue to question God's sovereignty instead of accepting it? Why do we continue belittling God to the statue of a human? He is way above that & as those who are starting to see the truth, it's kind of ludicrous to still ask this questions in the way you do. "Has there been evil in the City & God has not done it?

I agree Floyd. And these people are not dead to God. He is keeping them.

Wanda

« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2017, 07:17:22 PM »

Floyd, out of all the contributions in this thread, this was certainly the most profound. Who can imagine sacrificing the life of any of their children, for any reason. The first time I read the horrors of death by crusifiction, I was inconsolable. I've never forgotten it and I never will.

I knew from that moment I had to know this God who was filled with that kind of love.

Thank you Floyd
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2017, 03:11:32 AM »

Jesus would tell them that death is sleep.  But they laughed at Him.  They did not think He knew what He was talking about.

All the dead.  All the dead.  Will wake up from their sleep by the power of the Great God.

Jesus will save everyone.  Everyone will live in peace and happiness and prosperity forever and ever.  No one will be left out or forgotten.

As it is written by God, "All will know Me, from the least to the greatess."

Wanda

« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2017, 01:16:59 PM »

Nashville Conference 2007

https://bible-truths.com/forums/index.php/topic,4472.0.html

So not only did He have to carry all of our sins and shortcomings and everything else to the cross. But all His life He carried the pain, the sickness, the disease and the infirmaries in His body. Why? Because God is not going to put us through something that He is not willing to go through Himself! That’s why we follow in His footsteps, see. Now you have to understand in the same way that God spoke through Christ, every time He opened His mouth and God healed people, every time Christ said stand up or walk or whatever, the Father was doing it!  In the same way, the Father is suffering through His Son.

Do you not suffer when your children suffer? Would you not trade places with them when they hurt and when they cry? Doesn’t it hurt you more than them, right

So God was suffering through His Son. What is this all about? Is this more of this bizarre stuff? What is this all about? Here is the Son of Man, all filled with diseases, sicknesses, infirmaries and all of that. He put the iniquities of us all on Him.

But He gave His Son, now here’s the point I want to make and that is this, why did Christ have to die? Why? Why did the Father sacrifice His Son? Why did He have to do that? HE DIDN’T HAVE TO DO THAT! He didn’t have to do anything, HE’S GOD! Why DID He? Because whether you recognize it now or later in life or those in the resurrection to judgment or for the rest of eternity, we are going to know it for sure. That God died for us for no other reason than to show us that HE LOVES US! He did not have to die. He said, I will do it to show them.  How can I show them that what I am putting them through has real value? What can I do? I can promise them the world, I can give them mansions and youth and joyful life. I have all that to give, but they will say, you are only giving out of your abundance, of what you have. What can I really do, that you will know that I really love you? God said, I will DIE!

But God can’t die, He’s eternal, He has immortality, deathlessness. If you have immortality you can’t die. So He made a Son. He made Him great. To show us how great He was, He said, let Me show you what I can do when I make a Son. Create the universe first, now become a man, and now die. 
Then they will know We love them. 
Then they will know.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 01:20:50 PM by Wanda »

Wanda

« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2017, 01:28:51 PM »

Isa 53:5  ‘But He was wounded for our transgressions, crushed for our iniquities; upon Him was the punishment that made us whole, and by His bruises we are healed.
Isa 53:6  All we like sheep have gone astray; we have all turned to our own way, and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.”
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 23 queries.